Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Bremerton CCC Results Post Here

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not trying to kill this "discussion", but I posted the points in the CCC sticky.

And the whole point of making you have legal plates was to keep "real race cars" out of CCC. And DOT rires. And mufflers. And.....I understand Jon's concerns, but there aint a whole lot more we can do.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
.....I understand Jon's concerns, but there aint a whole lot more we can do.
We could replace the trophies with group hugs!
Old 05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Note to self, drive with dealer plates to be legal on street but also bring plates from my currently tabbed car at home and swap at track to be 'street legal'... Or just borrow a plate from someone...

So where are the rules to view anyways?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
Note to self, drive with dealer plates to be legal on street but also bring plates from my currently tabbed car at home and swap at track to be 'street legal'... Or just borrow a plate from someone...

So where are the rules to view anyways?
Rules from 2004 are under "Race Rules", tho I don't think much has changed.

Originally Posted by Rules
Vehicles must be registered for street use in any state or province (No trip permits) and registration must match the ven#(sic) of that vehicle.

Please note that it is the registration that makes the car "street legal" - the tabs merely indicate the car is properly registered (and registered cars are required by law to have up-to-date tabs displayed).

Dealer plates do not make the vehicle registered and have specific limitations under state law.

(I feel for ya, really, just trying to help make sense of this)
Old 05-07-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks...

It's weird that I could have swapped plates with no problem though and just live with the guilt...
Old 05-07-2007, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks...

It's weird that I could have swapped plates with no problem though and just live with the guilt...

NO you could not have. Ask the guys I check. First thing I ask for was the registration

What is the big issue here other then being a cheap ***

BTW We have a car dealership here where I work and by the letter of the law you were illegal to use those plates to begin with so get over it

Not really trying to pick on you or start chit but damn it is like the most simple thing to do??
Old 05-07-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Well I don't have a car to race so I'll not come til I do... That was my cousins car and my uncles plate. He's is out of town racing so the car didn't have tabs. No biggy, always got next year...
Old 05-07-2007, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds like everyone still had a good time. I need to come out and play a few times this year. I think Ellis and I would be a good heads up race (13.0s) in the Camaro's. It funny that the Race Car debet is still going on this year. It's more driver then car and plenny of seat time.
How many are going to PR this Friday?

Bill
Old 05-07-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
NO you could not have. Ask the guys I check. First thing I ask for was the registration
I was saying change before anyone notices... Not going to do this though...
Old 05-07-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vettestir
Sounds like everyone still had a good time. I need to come out and play a few times this year. I think Ellis and I would be a good heads up race (13.0s) in the Camaro's. It funny that the Race Car debet is still going on this year. It's more driver then car and plenny of seat time.
How many are going to PR this Friday?

Bill
The Turquoise Terror and I will be out there... and hopefully we'll get 3 time trials instead of just 2 so I know what to dial.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tranzor
I'm with ya Zeke... I tried to keep up with my Camaro, but in the end, it was too big a drain on my wallet, especially since I wanted to go back to school and finish my degree.

It wasn't any fun to have a "fast" manual car, because every time I would fix something... I'd break something else. I was sick and tired of chasing all the problems in the drivetrain stemming from high RPM clutch dumps... not to mention, clutches, driveshafts, and rear ends are way too rich for my blood to continually go through them like crap through a goose.

So, I'm happy with the Turquoise Terror. It's slow and cheap, but what the hell... it's consistent if the driver can just get his head out of his *** and not red light, and not break out.
Yea, i don't disagree with this thinking at all. Hell, I had to give the entire hot Rod/racing thing up for years because of family. It does get expensive that's for sure, and I do see an end goal for my car because to go faster, I just can not afford it. I think I fall into the both catagory, personal new bests, and trying to be a consistant bracket racer. It's all good, we all still have the same blood flowing with slightly different perspectives.
Robert
Old 05-07-2007, 11:39 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm planning on being at both Pacific on Friday and Bremerton on Satuday.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I'm planning on being at both Pacific on Friday and Bremerton on Satuday.
make it a full weekend Zeke Come to my Fbody show in McKenna on sunday
Old 05-07-2007, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Believe it or not I would love to runn and open Comp breacket class.

Most only have a few rules. No electronics. 25 miles street drive. three back to back runs running the class index and dial a tenth under your fastest run , that is your dial

Break out and you loose!

Close to the same format as 'Pinks all out' but been around longer.

The problem you may ask?

as with all the classes I want to race no one runns it around here

SO I find classes to run in and play by the rules. Our lives are ran by rules. There are rules every where.

I am sorry you do not like the rules. They are not that bad. I would just pop for the tabs my self and have a car to run. Not that big a deal.

Did you see me running my car? No so I found another car to run. I will need to sink anouther $120 in it before I run again. So be it. I could save that money for my cage and not run but I like to race and it is the cost of doing business

How about this. If I remember right you work in a bank? What is I came in at 12pm to pay a bill at 2pm. say the bill is 12,000 and if I do not pay I loose my house. Now lets say I am short $2000.

Are you going to loan me the $2000 out of your pocket, Fudge the paper work or tell me I have till 2pm to get the rest of the cash?

I have raced every car I have ever owned if it could be made legal for a class.

Some thing as small as no tabs would never stop me
Old 05-07-2007, 11:42 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
make it a full weekend Zeke Come to my Fbody show in McKenna on sunday
I actually have plans to drive back out to the Peninsula to visit my parents before I go to the F-Body Gathering and then off to India.

Not to mention... two race days in a row, then try to clean the car up for a show in a few hours... naaaah. Too much work.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 05-07-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Its more that the rules are not laid out. Kinda have to search for them. There is a CCC site but the rules aren't right where you can see them. Just make it easier to figure stuff out that may not seem so obvious. I was on the fence to go out but since it was double pts I figured what the hell.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

I was on the fence to go out but since it was double pts I figured what the hell.

Well we need all the point we can get since we seem to be out numbered. Glad you made an effort to come out. Now get some tabs for that thing and come out on Friday and Saturday.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
SO I find classes to run in and play by the rules. Our lives are ran by rules. There are rules every where.
You've always been one to live by the letter the law Ellis!

Well it looks like I'm a bit late to this thread, but I figured I'd make an entrance somewhere.

It's amazing how some of the same things that people were trying to change in order to fit their particular situation haven't gone away since I was, er - a little more "active" in the CCCA. I remember when Fast Company came on the scene with their active, and at the time very quick group. There were several wanting to argue that cars in the 9's should be allowed - because they had cars in the 9's. In 2002 they were a point shy of Team NW Fbody for the team championship. They all but disappeared in 2003, and were gone in '04. If I remember correctly, they also had various other issues when it came to playing by the already established rules and started getting caught pushing the limits.

I just don't understand why everyone wants to change what is supposed to be a grass-roots bracket race series. About the only change that made a lot of sense to me was when they quit awarding a point for just showing up - you had to earn it with wins. So has that changed back?

I've been hoping to get back into racing the CCCA for several years now. It looks like I haven't made a pass since 2004, and I haven't run one in a "race car" since 2002. Unfortunately my daily driver isn't reliable enough to even consider passes any more - it's held together by lots of prayer these days (but it's paid off!).

Now that I've got a motor in my Skylark, things are finally moving in that direction, however it still needs about everything other than the motor now.

Is Number T10 still mine, or has someone else adopted it?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Hi there Steve, nice to meet you.

And yes... CCCA now gives a point just for showing up, and I think that's unfortunate. You should only get a point for a win... that makes sense to me, always has. I was racing the year before the change, and the years after, and I still don't understand why it was changed... I thought it was unnecessary then, and I still think it's unnecessary.

Let me tell ya... I was really happy the first time I earned a point. It was several races into the season, but damn, I was happy I 'graduated' to winning something once in a while, rather than constantly getting hammered.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think giving points for showing helps those who may not be the best drivers, but still want to help the team, feel like they are contribuating. It's ok in my book, some guys are dedicated and will show everytime and that is there way of being part of the whole, a team effort, which this really is really what it's about.
Robert

Quick Reply: Bremerton CCC Results Post Here