Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Bremerton CCC Results Post Here

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the reasons I remember we went away from the "show-up point" was because the smaller teams, rightfully so, complained that they already started from a point of disadvantage. At the time, Team NW was showing 20+ racers per race. Teams like the Grand Prix club would have 3 or 4. Before the race even started, they were down 17 points in the team competition - and this is the "Car Club Challenge Association" and not the "Individual Racer from a Car Club Association". Thus the team aspect, which should be the most important, already had them playing catch-up.

As has been mentioned, ultimately it's the racer and their ability that dictates where the points end up. At the time, there were different scenarios being created as to how the points could be changed to give a bit of a nod towards small teams. My reply was that it doesn't matter as long as you win. I gave an example of the top 5 individual racers, and had they been on one team comprised only of those 5 racers, they would also own the team championship. It could be done with a small number, but the point is that they have to win rounds.

Now back then, when there was one double-points race (and then two), that would work. Taking the top 5 2006 racers (all from different teams, mind you), their combined points put them solidly into 3rd (having deducted the corresponding points from their actual team). But if you were to take away the show-up points, things may change a bit further. Also the additional double-points race adds a much higher point total that throws comparisons a bit out of whack.

I guess had I shown up to a meeting in the last two years, I'd understand why the change to show-up points was reinstated. And if I'm against it, I guess I should show up at a meeting and see if it could get back on the table. By the way - when are meetings since the schedule hasn't been updated in 6 months?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey steve long time NO see except for on the Buick boards lol.

Yea things have changed alittle since you left.

Hugs though see ya June 10th maybe lol
Old 05-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Hey steve long time NO see except for on the Buick boards lol.

Yea things have changed alittle since you left.

Hugs though see ya June 10th maybe lol
Yep, I've been seen a lot more there than any track around here lately...

What's June 10th?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gran Sport
Yep, I've been seen a lot more there than any track around here lately...

What's June 10th?
oops june 9th Buick show in Puyallup lol
Old 05-09-2007, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

Hey Steve Maybe I can answer your question.
We changed it back to 1 point because the number of racers droped off alot.
The main reason seemed to be why pay $30 to lose and not help the team at all. It took the fun out of the race and became a hard core racing event instead of going out and having fun. As soon as we did that the number of cars almost doubled and it was fun again. The CCCA should be fun not hard core racing. If that's what people want they can run Pro Bracket with me on Satuday night and go out 1st round until they learn how to race. I lost way more then I'll ever win but that's how you get good. Maybe the big trophies are what's bringing in the Pro racers but most of them want money too and they will go were the money is. Just a little history as to how it's evolved over the years.

Bill Sallia

Quick Reply: Bremerton CCC Results Post Here