Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

F this Fing state

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife rearend an F-550 in her Jetta and no ticket was issued as two other poeple saw the asshat jam on his breaks to make a turn and he went of on the curb because he missed the turn. That guy also got the ticket. That is a severe case though.
A rearend from some one else does not always mean you don't get a ticket.
However in this case, I would get lawyer that sounds like a bunch of ****, you hit the brakes and he was too close.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neg 2 isn't a bad ticket to beat... it's very subjective and relies completely on the officer's judgment of the situation. I beat a Neg 2 back when I was 19 years old, because really, it's a hard ticket to hold up in a court of law as long as you (or your lawyer) know what you're talking about and can give a reasonable explanation of your actions.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Conversion master

Sounds like a court date in your future. Good luck.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Ryan, call Steve Bennett and you will be very much taken care of...God knows he saved my *** when I was out there...and Sean's I think...

360-698-3000

And you will have to report that to our security manager because of your clearance and the job you once had

Seriously, you will need to tell MR. Ryan about it and he will tell you to tell Debbie Jalloway back here in DC

Good luck, and Steve will make it go away...he is good shaitte

Ken
Old 06-18-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Wait...let me get this straight...if I have my cruise control on and tap the brakes to turn it off or depress the clutch (same thing in decrease speed) and some jackass hits me - *I* am at fault?
Is there a reason to have cruise control any longer considering the MANUFACTUER set it up that way?

hand.staple.forehead.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks Ken. I called Joyce today.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Teching In

I would have just shifted my tranny to a lower gear that way they do not see any brake lights. I have done this several times.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:22 AM
TECH Regular

My intention was to get the idiot off my *** not get hit by him.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Launching!

I have a friend who long hauled for years. He also says Puget sound drivers are by FAR the worst in the country. Most drivers around here are so friendly.

Why can't people just use the f-ing accelerator pedal when trying to merge onto the freeway?
Old 06-29-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by firehawk618
I have a friend who long hauled for years. He also says Puget sound drivers are by FAR the worst in the country. Most drivers around here are so friendly.

Why can't people just use the f-ing accelerator pedal when trying to merge onto the freeway?
Saw an accident on the FWY dropping the wife off at work, and will almost guarentee it happened because the person tried to slow down to merge instead of speeding up.

I am a firm believer that slow drivers, under the speed limit, or people who are intentionally driving slow, cause more accidents than fast drivers, someone who drives the speed limit or maybe 5 over. If someone is doing 30 in a 50, you are going to take a bigger chance thinking you can pass them when the opportunity comes. Out to my house I see it all the time, people will drive 30 mph on the river road(50 mph) and when it comes to the hill at the end(40mph limit) they will accelerate to the max potential of their car, stay in the left lane or pace another car until the last second and than make an effort around someone trying to overtake them.

Hope everything works out for you in the end Ryan, when my wife got rear ended at first they tried to pin the blame on her for stopping for someone in front of her turning, when it came down to it, two girls were racing home from school and weren't paying attention and hit eachother. My father-in-law even had someone rear end him when he was making a stop and he was accused of a brake check (and he was already stopped! ) and got a ticket. Ended up winning the battle in the end.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Correct more accidents are caused by that... however what they look at more is not the number but how many result in fatalities and such which the ratio is obviously highly skewed towards the higher speed crashes.

But yes people need to learn how to merge and drive.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

https://ls1tech.com/forums/northwest-members/740658-haul-me-out-back-shoot-me-now.html
Old 06-30-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Regular

sorry a little off topic but one thing I noticed in this state more then any other I have driven in is people here are not skilled drivers in the least and even when driving slow in the fast lane or on ramp will flip you off or try to block you in and dont want to be passed. all I can do is shake my head. seriously either drive or move out of the way. In your situation I think it was safer to show the guy some brake lights then not. Im sure it would have been a bigger impact had you not. but its hard to differentiate showing break lights from a brake check. from the officers point of view. I hope justice is served. ~Guy
Old 06-30-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ryan,....**** that!!!! The damn Cruise was OFF that's right,...OFF!!! When you tapped your breaks it AUTOMATICALY shut OFF the cruise control and the REASON you tapped your breaks was to get the morons attention because YOU could tell he was going toooo fast to stop!!! You gotta fight!!! You just gotta. Also mention the cops PRE-DETERMINED BAD ATTITUDE!!! The guys on this forum know a lot of GOOD attorneys , and Ya,...its gonna cost but NOTHING like your insurance over the next 5 YEARS!!! You go boyeee!!
Old 06-30-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Thats the plan I have a Sept. court date.

Quick Reply: F this Fing state