Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

F this Fing state

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F this Fing state

Welcome to Washington home of the worlds worst drivers. I get rearended by some asshat and I get a neg 2 ticket for driving with my cruise on.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:55 AM
TECH Resident

That sucks, I didn't know it was illegal to use cruise control? I hope you and your car are ok though.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:31 AM
TECH Regular

Thank god I was in the Lincoln, the camaro would have been messed up. The car now needs a new bumper and tail pipe.
Im way to pissed off to be hurt right now. I cant even sleep. All this **** is gonna go on my insurance all because of a stupid jackass driver.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Teching In

hey man trust me you are with good drivers. I live in north carolina right now and every body and there damn brother thinks they own a nascar even if its a geo metro. these people out here are the worst drivers i have ever see. lol
Old 06-17-2007, 10:03 AM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan'sSS
Welcome to Washington home of the worlds worst drivers. I get rearended by some asshat and I get a neg 2 ticket for driving with my cruise on.

How is that possible?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Launching!

Dude, got to be more to the story than what you have told us...

Neg 2, were you drunk?

Typically the folks in that back get the ticket, whats the deal?

Glad you are OK..

Ken

And sorry it was the Lincoln, should have been the camaro
Old 06-17-2007, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, I don't get it. Are you talking about Washington DC?
What's with the neg 2?
When did Washington State adopt a points system?
Perhaps they did and I just haven't got enough tickets so that
I know about it.
And, when is it a crime to have someone hit you from behind
at any speed?
DT
Old 06-17-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Veteran

I am confused as well (and VERY sorry to hear about all this). I just can't ever remember a case where the person who GOT rearended was ever at fault unless they were drunk (not saying you were) or some other really weird circumstances were involved......even when I rearended someone who had made an illegal stop in the middle of traffic, with non-functioning brake lights, to make an illegal u-turn, I was cited because I rear ended them.

What are we missing from this and how does using your cruise control constitute any type of traffic offense? How did the cops know you were using it? What exactly does the citation say? This is weird.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Some asshat came flying up on me after making a very abrupt lane change and when I saw him coming up fast I tapped on my brakes and he hit me. Apparently that is a Neg 2 in this state. I guess because I had no reason to tap on them, I was at fault.
I was under the impression you had to maintain control of your car at all times. Silly me. The funny thing is I didnt slam on my brakes. The guy would have hit me anyway. The cop asked the other guy what happened then me then had us write out statements. After that he let the other guy go then gave me a ticket and said have a nice day. He had my ticket wrote before he even read either of our statements.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

**** that! That is messed up... I'm glad that you're ok and you weren't in the camaro. Good luck dealing with it all...
Old 06-17-2007, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

time to get a lawer!
Old 06-17-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ryan'sSS
Some asshat came flying up on me after making a very abrupt lane change and when I saw him coming up fast I tapped on my brakes and he hit me. Apparently that is a Neg 2 in this state. I guess because I had no reason to tap on them, I was at fault.
I was under the impression you had to maintain control of your car at all times. Silly me. The funny thing is I didnt slam on my brakes. The guy would have hit me anyway. The cop asked the other guy what happened then me then had us write out statements. After that he let the other guy go then gave me a ticket and said have a nice day. He had my ticket wrote before he even read either of our statements.
Technically even tapping your brakes isn't legal in that (or most any other tailgating or approaching fast from behind) situation but I think with a decent lawyer you should be able to get out of that.

Reason for that no tapping thing is because all the people who slam on their brakes to discourage tailgaters always say, "I just tapped my brakes"
Old 06-17-2007, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
time to get a lawer!
+1, and glad you're ok.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that blows man, most states have it where, if your hit from behind the other party is at fault regardless
Old 06-17-2007, 03:19 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can assure you that the people in this state are not the world's worst drivers.... I saw **** in India that would make people blow a gasket if they saw that **** here.

I'd fight it.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Im going the legal route. If anyone knows of a good lawyer let me know.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Technically even tapping your brakes isn't legal in that (or most any other tailgating or approaching fast from behind) situation but I think with a decent lawyer you should be able to get out of that.

Reason for that no tapping thing is because all the people who slam on their brakes to discourage tailgaters always say, "I just tapped my brakes"
I guess I shouldnt have been so honest with the cop. Now I know if anybody ever taps their brakes at me when im being an asshat its open game to run into them.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

It is illegal in this state to "brake check" somebody. It stems from several years ago when people disconnected their brake lights and hit their brakes in order to claim an accedent as a rear-end collision to thier insurance (and thus committing insurance fraud, legally at the time).
Old 06-17-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Regular

Tailgating and following to close are also. And there is a big difference between "Brake checking" someone and taping your brakes on an agressive driver to get them off your ***.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Launching!

That's messed up man! If using the brakes is a valid way to cancel your cruise control, it does not matter WTF is going on around you. Since when are you supposed to evaluate the surrounding environment before using the brakes? That sounds F-ing retarded...

I got rear ended a couple years ago by an assclown when I jammed the brakes hard and he plowed into me. I explained I was slowing for other traffic, and his insurance company paid for it. I would challenge your ruling for damn sure.

Quick Reply: F this Fing state