Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Haul me out back and shoot me now!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Haul me out back and shoot me now!

Well yall, it's been a bit since I last posted on here. And I wish that this wouldn't be the reason. On the way home tonight, I decided to be a complete ******* idiot and wreck my car. On the on ramp from 520 to 405, I decided to give it a little too much gas, spun out and hit a wall. The front and rear passenger sides are banged up pretty good. I'm not sure it's totaled just yet. The pass. t-top is popped up a little. Also the rear hatch is tweaked. I didn't brake glass though, and the airbags didn't fire. I know you guys always talk about hating jackasses who wreck f-bodies, just sucks that now I'm one of those **** who does it. Luckily no one hit me while I was sitting there, or when I was spinning.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jewbacca
Well yall, it's been a bit since I last posted on here. And I wish that this wouldn't be the reason. On the way home tonight, I decided to be a complete ******* idiot and wreck my car. On the on ramp from 520 to 405, I decided to give it a little too much gas, spun out and hit a wall. The front and rear passenger sides are banged up pretty good. I'm not sure it's totaled just yet. The pass. t-top is popped up a little. Also the rear hatch is tweaked. I didn't brake glass though, and the airbags didn't fire. I know you guys always talk about hating jackasses who wreck f-bodies, just sucks that now I'm one of those **** who does it. Luckily no one hit me while I was sitting there, or when I was spinning.

Well atleast you came out of it unhurt! But it does suck to hear another f-bod being wrecked.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Old 06-29-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

J/K

I have had my car sideways too and am actually on my second rear end because of it.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

Well, at least your cars not wrecked, lol. I am going to just start praying they don't total it. If not, I guess I get to have a $500 paint job.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

That sucks. For future reference, throttle modulation is a wonderful thing.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Bummer to hear that. From the description of your damage it will be totalled by ins. co. standards. If your t-top and hatch are tweeked you can bet the frame / subframe is bent.

Years ago in my Hawk I thought I was going to be cool and do a u-turn via peelout. Didn't see the curb right next to my car, spun it around and slammed the rear into it.

Busted the rear brakerotor in half, bent the axle and chipped the crap out of the wheel. Not 2 mos. later the t-top started leaking which makes me think I twisted the car a little.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

veryy sorry to hear that. I hope all turns out ok for you. ~Guy
Old 06-30-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

I'm really sorry to hear that! I hope you are OK though...the cars replaceable..
Old 06-30-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad you're OK.

For future use: driving school.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Sorry to hear that, Cabe! But at least you weren't hurt, and that's more important than your car, just have to keep things in that perspective.

I once spun out in my Camaro on one of those circle on-ramps (down in Renton) and I wasn't even doing anything dumb... it was a little wet (like it was today), I downshifted to 2nd and let out the clutch slowly, like I normally did... car just didn't catch any traction on the wet road as I was going around, and boom, I did a 180 and was going down the on-ramp backward... luckily, no one was around and I didn't touch the wall... but man, it sure was scary.

Point is, these cars just need a tiny bit of carelessness for you to end up wrecking... let alone being a "jackass" as you put it... so I hope you're careful from now on!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
Glad you're OK.

For future use: driving school.

Suddenly the $475 cost of the Proformance Racing School seems like a really good investment. Best car $ you'll ever spend.

Oh, and...
Old 06-30-2007, 02:35 AM
TECH Resident

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. Right now I'm too tired. I will have to deffinetly invest in that. I just hope to god she isn't totaled, but heaven forbid that happens, I think I'll buy a car off here next time.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jewbacca
Holy Crap I saw this yesterday. I drove right pass you. I knew that there was a crash coming up and then I realized it was a camaro, then I realized it was a black SS, my heart sank.

The crash seemed a lot worse than you described. I saw the tire off the left rear rim, correct?
Old 06-30-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, the drivers side rear tire came off the rim, and the passenger rear popped. so it really looked that bad? I think I hit my head pretty good on either the glass or the bar going across the middle. The thing that scared me the most is that my seat failed. The seat just leaned back without giving me much support. I think I got a little whip lash. I don't know if you know anything about autobody, but if you do, does it look toasted?
Old 06-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

I dont know much but wasn't the hood bent?

The car just looked painful to watch.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

thats sucks, at least your ok though. 6500 is around the total point on a 99 (ask me how I know)
Old 07-01-2007, 05:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Look,....this IS really bad,...you should go to the hospital and get your neck looked at NOW!!! I think once you get everything sorted out you will be able to get a lot of stuff that you might need right here,.. to rebuild and get back up...............hope your ok,......Really,....you got to get the neck looked at, it could give you problems,.....years from now other wise.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by keys2myMARO
I dont know much but wasn't the hood bent?

The car just looked painful to watch.
\
Are you in Washington right now? Your location says Chicago
Old 07-01-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry to hear this... Take the insurance money my friend, and buy yourself a cheap but good daily driver until '09

Quick Reply: Haul me out back and shoot me now!