Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Moving to Tacoma

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Tacoma

I just got my orders and I will be reporting to Fort Lewis some time around th 15th of July. I am trying to find out where to go, like were all the hang outs are. I will only be there till mid september then I leave for Iraq and my wife is going to sell my car while I am gone so I want to spend as much time with my car as I can before I go. So I just looking for some info for the guys and girls up there. thanks
Old 06-23-2007, 12:43 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramshaft
I just got my orders and I will be reporting to Fort Lewis some time around th 15th of July. I am trying to find out where to go, like were all the hang outs are. I will only be there till mid september then I leave for Iraq and my wife is going to sell my car while I am gone so I want to spend as much time with my car as I can before I go. So I just looking for some info for the guys and girls up there. thanks
Just watch this forum, we usually post up a thread every time we're gonna get together, or whenever there's a track event.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks, I will keep an eye out
Old 06-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Hey man welcome! So why sell the car?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, it is my wife's idea. I don't really want to but her thought is that I should sell it so that we don't have to pay that 300 dollars a month plus insurance and when I get back I can get another one but I just don't know how hard it will be to find another TA that I like. I know that it took me two months and I had to drive 250 miles one way to get the one that I have. I will be looking for an 98 and up ta with a six speed and hopefully this time get a WS6. But I will have quite a bit more money to get a newer car than what I have now but if I keep this one when I get back I and to do a H/C with long tubes and a tune, that or supercharge it. But I am just looking forward to getting the HELL out of Okalhoma I hate this state so much.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

hey man i am stationed at lewis, but currently with 3bde sbct in iraq you must be going to 4-2 because they are already over here....go to tacoma mall on the weekends or on south tacoma way near club area51 there is a lot of rice burners and some ls1's running around there
Old 06-23-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I am going to 4-2 I am not sure exactly where yet. One of my soldiers that just left sill reported this past monday and I don't know exactly where he is at but he will be shipping some time around the 15th of July, I guess the unit left in May and I am pretty sure that I will end up in the same place since I have not been over there yet and I spent the last three years as an instructor in tradoc. I will have to check those places out, are there any 1/4 mile tracks up there close, I have not been able to run my car on the quarter only the 1/8 want to see what I am running.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

i cant remember all the track names... only went to 1 in auburn its a 1/4....i am guessing you are a 13b thats what i am.....You will be coming to camp taji if you want more details on what your unit is doing pm me and ill let ya know whats up....also i sent ya a pm about your car if you are interested in selling in sept thats when ill be home
Old 06-23-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh forgot to tell you in the pm that I will have to get some pictures of it, I have it in storage right now because I am driving my truck while I am packing the house but I will clean it up alittle and send you some pics.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

me? I would store it Limited insurance needed(mine was like $20 a month) and it WILL be here when you get back. I stored mine for 14 months while I was in Korea. It was paid off when I came home so I could pour as much or as little as I wanted into it

Good luck!
Old 06-23-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plenty of Fort Lewis guys hang out on here. From base there are two tracks that are quick and easy to get to. Yep, just watch the forum and we'll be getting together soon.
Robert
Old 06-23-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah I want to just put it in storage till I get back and it will almost be paid off when I get back but on the other hand if I sell it I can get a newer one that is a WS6 the only down side is I will be paying on it and won't be able to fix it up as much. As far as insurace I ALWAYS have full coverage on all my cars no matter what had a bad experiance when I was yonger. I only pay 100 a month right now for both of my cars and I turn 25 next month so it will go down even further. I should only be paying like 30 buck for my car for full coverage. When I get there my friend will already be in Iraq so I am going to have to find some people to hang with and Also Does any on here watch UFC we like to have the fights and bar-b-q. In fact I am watching the finally live right now
Old 06-23-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I recommend making the most of the two tracks that are within 25 miles in opposite directions. Get some seat time, talk to people who race and mod the cars you like, and the decision relating to the disposition of your car might be easier.

Last edited by esoteric; 06-24-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:16 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramshaft
Well, it is my wife's idea. I don't really want to but her thought is that I should sell it so that we don't have to pay that 300 dollars a month plus insurance and when I get back I can get another one but I just don't know how hard it will be to find another TA that I like. I know that it took me two months and I had to drive 250 miles one way to get the one that I have. I will be looking for an 98 and up ta with a six speed and hopefully this time get a WS6. But I will have quite a bit more money to get a newer car than what I have now but if I keep this one when I get back I and to do a H/C with long tubes and a tune, that or supercharge it. But I am just looking forward to getting the HELL out of Okalhoma I hate this state so much.
Well, speaking as someone who has sold 1 LS1 'Bird and bought another... I'd say if you have a car you're happy with now, keep it. It never seems like you can find one as clean as the one you have, and the longer time passes the more beat up the ones you find out there are. Want a WS6? Put a hood on the one you have... you're not really gaining anything other than the WS6 badge on the car.

Quick Reply: Moving to Tacoma