Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

9/21-9/23 Spokane to Montana Drive...Seattle/Tacoma Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9/21 Trip to Spokane Raceway Park

UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do apologize but this entire event has changed..............

I will be in Spokane on 9/21 at Spokane Raceway Park for the Friday Night Street Races at SRP

I was mistaken and the 9/22 BMW Rally into Montana is not open invitation and is only open to BMWs..........

the only reason i am able to attend is becz several of the organizers are close friends of mine and i used to own a BMW and i am still a BMW fan

i apologize for any inconvenience

So, who is planning on coming out to SRP on Friday 9/21????

Last edited by LS1>*; 09-13-2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Most of the current info has changed
Old 09-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

Bump........

Lots of views but no responses
Old 09-06-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can post up over at Spokanespeed.net and see if others from there might join in.

I will have to look at the calander and I might be able to jump in from Spokane it being home and all.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rawr256
Can post up over at Spokanespeed.net and see if others from there might join in.

I will have to look at the calander and I might be able to jump in from Spokane it being home and all.
excellent...........I was over there back on August 10th

my screen name on Spokane Speed is LS1_pwns_all.........my friend that is organizing the event is JRHaile on Spokane Speed.........he is driving a 2001 ///M5

Video of our run at SRP from 8/10 2001 Camaro SS vs 2001 BMW ///M5
Old 09-07-2007, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

I remember seeing you at the track that night. I might be able to go. If my WS6 isn't running I can drive the Cobalt SS lol
Old 09-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2002BLKTA
I remember seeing you at the track that night. I might be able to go. If my WS6 isn't running I can drive the Cobalt SS lol
did i talk to you or you just remember seeing my car?

i remember talking to a guy that had a Cobalt SS.........and i also remember talking to a guy that had a WS6 Trans Am.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:42 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

9/22 is the CCC final, so I would not be able to attend.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You mean the Slowbalt Steven?

Remember you posting over on Speed when you were coming over this way LS1, what did the car end up running? If its on the vid can't catch it because I'm trying to be stealth like at work and not get yelled at for watching car vids!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looked around on their site and don't see a place to sign up, did I maybe miss it or do we just show up? If it just a cruise for the 22nd I think I should be able to show up and can maybe bring a buddy or two along.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

No I just saw your car and I talked a bit with you on Spokanespeed.net about it too. At that time I didn't have the Cobalt or I guess its SLOWBALT now lol. I am going to be out tonight Rawr you coming?

Originally Posted by LS1>*
did i talk to you or you just remember seeing my car?

i remember talking to a guy that had a Cobalt SS.........and i also remember talking to a guy that had a WS6 Trans Am.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

You mean the Slowbalt Steven?

Remember you posting over on Speed when you were coming over this way LS1, what did the car end up running? If its on the vid can't catch it because I'm trying to be stealth like at work and not get yelled at for watching car vids!

Reaction: .3821
60 ft: 2.2559
1/8 ET: 8.2478
1/4 ET: 13.3608
1/4 MPH: 108.72

i had 1/2 tank of gas in the car, me and my friends luggage, and full tire pressure.........

this time im gonna make sure ive got no more than 1/8 tank and ill be bringing some Trick 101 gas over with me to run in it, also going to lose the luggage and the spare tire, drop the tire pressure, and im gonna swap in a 160 thermostat and lower the fan temp to 180.........

my 60 ft time is what killed me so im hoping ill get that down a bit

only mods on the car are 4.10 gears and superchips tuner so when i change up the other stuff im hopin to pull off a high 12 pass before i start adding any boltons to the car

Rawr256, there isnt really a sign up list up as of yet and im honestly not sure if there will be one.................just keep checking on the site for updates in case the meet spot changes or if you can make it out to SRP on the 21st then look for my Camaro and ill give you all the info then.........

it will be a fun drive

2002BLKTA, well it will be cool to meet you in person if you are there on the 21st..............ill jump on SpokaneSpeed a few days before to chat with others who will be there as well
Old 09-07-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No I just saw your car and I talked a bit with you on Spokanespeed.net about it too. At that time I didn't have the Cobalt or I guess its SLOWBALT now lol. I am going to be out tonight Rawr you coming?
TA is too dirty and so is the GTP. I put my new blower on the GTP because I think the bearings in the old one were starting to go, could hear knocking when I get into boost. With the new blower I would think it is pushing some more boost so don't know what my KR is atm because Ryan has my tuner so haven't done any scanning. He just dropped his pully and is battling some KR he has.

If I do show up will look for you. How is the TA coming anyway? Know if Marty worked out his problems he was having with his? Running in the 9.6 @ 143 and he's bitching about something not running right... that guy is just nuts!

LS1, will check out on the site, think I know where he is planning on meeting. Said something to my dad about coming with his Fiero and he asked if it was ok he came, I told him as far as I know it is open to anyone who wants to come, not just the BMW guys. Have one friend I will see if he wants to join in with his BMW, maybe hook up with some of the other guys and start working on the aftermarket for his, if he can afford it!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

The TA is coming along slowly but surely just waiting on Cassel Engines to finish the motor and then we can finish it but I think Jeff is a few more weeks out on the motor. Not sure about Marty's car did you get to see the article on his car in car craft haven't seen it yet but its in the new issue that just came out. Marty is a crazy SOB that thing runs hard for a junk yard 350 but he has always done that. Did you ever see his blue chevelle with the blower? Anyway I should come out and run you in the Slowbalt in your grand prix. It ran 14.82 @ 98 last night with a 2.4 60' lol slow as hell but hey atleast I got to race something for the first time in 2 years

TA is too dirty and so is the GTP. I put my new blower on the GTP because I think the bearings in the old one were starting to go, could hear knocking when I get into boost. With the new blower I would think it is pushing some more boost so don't know what my KR is atm because Ryan has my tuner so haven't done any scanning. He just dropped his pully and is battling some KR he has.

If I do show up will look for you. How is the TA coming anyway? Know if Marty worked out his problems he was having with his? Running in the 9.6 @ 143 and he's bitching about something not running right... that guy is just nuts!

LS1, will check out on the site, think I know where he is planning on meeting. Said something to my dad about coming with his Fiero and he asked if it was ok he came, I told him as far as I know it is open to anyone who wants to come, not just the BMW guys. Have one friend I will see if he wants to join in with his BMW, maybe hook up with some of the other guys and start working on the aftermarket for his, if he can afford it!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

yeah, its mostly BMW but anyone that wants to go can go.........

im comin over in my SS and my friend is bringing his 5.0 Fox body so no big deal................

some motivation to go.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SxpU7HHMLo

40-125 and 60-150 is filmed from my Camaro SS
Old 09-10-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The TA is coming along slowly but surely just waiting on Cassel Engines to finish the motor and then we can finish it but I think Jeff is a few more weeks out on the motor. Not sure about Marty's car did you get to see the article on his car in car craft haven't seen it yet but its in the new issue that just came out. Marty is a crazy SOB that thing runs hard for a junk yard 350 but he has always done that. Did you ever see his blue chevelle with the blower? Anyway I should come out and run you in the Slowbalt in your grand prix. It ran 14.82 @ 98 last night with a 2.4 60' lol slow as hell but hey atleast I got to race something for the first time in 2 years
Should have you make a run in the TA and see if you can best me at all. I remember talking to Marty about the car when we picked up a parts car and he said something about the engine still being a old stock motor. Just nuts, never did see his Blue Chevelle, saw a few of his projects when I was last over at his place.

Not too bad for the Cobalt, usually the 60' seems to be in that range for them, have bad wheel hop and short gears so I guess they spin most of first, almost useless. Have a mean top end, that trap is what I am getting with the GTP running a 14.1 ET. I should have just dealt with the cars being dirty and just made a run or two out there Friday, was a nice cold night and would have probably helped the GTP break into the high 13's. I know Ryan did with his but he had to pull timing cause he didn't want to mess with his fueling to fight some of his KR.

LS1, looks like the cruise should be a blast. Will definately hook up with you the night before.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

LS1, looks like the cruise should be a blast. Will definately hook up with you the night before.
sounds good.......i should be rollin into the track somewhere around 8pm

Last edited by LS1>*; 09-12-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, I'm not going if we aren't even hitting up Mexico for a few little runs!

I remember one of you two saying something about it on speed. Thought about tagging along but still just getting to know some of the guys over there.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

Next time I come out I should have the pulley injectors tune and meth on the cobalt I would like to see what I can do against the GTP's. I will be out the 21st I think. I think the WS6 isn't going to make it this year I talked to Cassel and he is still a few weeks out.

Should have you make a run in the TA and see if you can best me at all. I remember talking to Marty about the car when we picked up a parts car and he said something about the engine still being a old stock motor. Just nuts, never did see his Blue Chevelle, saw a few of his projects when I was last over at his place.

Not too bad for the Cobalt, usually the 60' seems to be in that range for them, have bad wheel hop and short gears so I guess they spin most of first, almost useless. Have a mean top end, that trap is what I am getting with the GTP running a 14.1 ET. I should have just dealt with the cars being dirty and just made a run or two out there Friday, was a nice cold night and would have probably helped the GTP break into the high 13's. I know Ryan did with his but he had to pull timing cause he didn't want to mess with his fueling to fight some of his KR.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Damn, I'm not going if we aren't even hitting up Mexico for a few little runs!

I remember one of you two saying something about it on speed. Thought about tagging along but still just getting to know some of the guys over there.
We dont bite........Hard

Looks like i've got another LS1 Camaro SS comin over with me.......i believe he's got some basic boltons
Old 09-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

UPDATED THE FIRST POST.................

Not sure if anyone on here is planning on coming over with us from the Tacoma/Seattle area but if you are then you'll need this......

Hotel Info:
Crossland Studios
12803 E Sprague Ave
Spokane Valley, Wa 99216

(509)928-5948

Cash OK, 18+ OK, Must use Credit/Debit Card to hold room

Rooms starting at $49.99 a night

I've already reserved my room. Just tell them a friend of yours will be staying there the night of the 21st and 22nd to get the same rate as me.

Quick Reply: 9/21-9/23 Spokane to Montana Drive...Seattle/Tacoma Caravan