Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

GTO or F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GTO or F-Body

Hey everyone I am from the east side of the state (Spokane) and there is no GTO's or F-body's down here that aren't priced out the roof. Is there any down there that priced half way decent? My fiance and I bought a 05 Cobalt SS a few months ago and I regret not buying another LSx car. We would perfer a GTO but from what I am seeing they are way over priced. I did a search on autotrader and all the ones I found were anywhere from 1-5K over book value. Why has the price on them gone up so much I remember when the LS1 cars would go for 15,000-19,000 when the LS2 cars came out
Old 11-14-2007, 01:56 AM
On The Tree

Average here I see are about $20k, if I had the money there would be one in my garage right now.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump for a nice car.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/northwest-members/795606-sale-2001-camaro-ss.html
Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our pricing over here in Spokane is just nuts. I think part of it has to do with people here not buying so many new cars and trading them in a while after, it is no real secret you can always find them cheaper in other places. My GTP I got over in Seattle for $5600 OTD, one I looked at here with more miles same year and options they wanted $8k for.

The GTO is still a rarity from what I see, I might see one or two in a month and as for on the car lots forget it, if you have any luck I would check Becker, Gee seems to overprice their stuff like mad. If you are looking for another Bird I know there is one over at Big Boys Toys just off the Sprague exit going to Idaho that is Maple Red Metallic, good rare color. Only prob with getting F-bodies anymore is if they are priced in a good range, they are usually thrashed. I looked at a 99 red auto TA with around 90k miles at one dealership and they wanted 14k for it, and it looked like the thing had almost 200k, glad my dad went for a test drive with me and started pointing out the flaws in the interior, because whoever had it last let a damn cat and dog loose in it. I got mine for that same price two years newer with lower miles and the interior only has a few little scraps and a few blemishes in the paint.

I am kind of partial, but I do enjoy the GTP over the TA anymore. TA gets kind of rough going through town and I have to be careful about the roads, and not only that but whenever I go into a store in the back of my mind I am paranoid about something happening to it. Everytime a speaker comes on and they are talking about someone's car I have to stop everything and listen because I always think it is mine, "could the owner of a Orange Pontiac please come to the front desk, your car has been hit..."

Best part about the GTP, parts are cheap, and they love the boost. Slap on a IC and Turbo and build up the tranny a little and run 11's any time of the year.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went to L.A. to get my corvette....saved $8k compared to what I could find around here.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The average for 04 gto's around here is 20k, but you can find them for less if you negotiate well. 05's can be had for low-mid 20's and 06's for mid 20's.

There was an 05 Yellow GTO at Auburn Valley Pontiac a month or so ago. I'm not sure if it's still there.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Launching!

2002blkta- is there carmax around where ur at? I just bought an 04 black gto M6 for 20 grand. had 23k on it. not bad. i had it dilevered from north carolina to chicago... extra 500 but its all good. if theres a carmax and they dont have a GTO want you can always have one shipped from another location like I did.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Launching!

Thats because they are actualy going for a little better price around here, hell when we traded ours in, we got 17 on trade, 04 with 36k miles. You might be able to get decent deal on it if you want to go to puyallup chevrolet.