Don?
Old 11-23-2007, 03:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when's the first race ?????
Old 11-23-2007, 07:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Don has been in touch with the tracks. Barb is asking what dates we want, but Jonathon is in Hawaii. I don't remember the status on PR. Since they set their dates, we need those first.....
Old 11-26-2007, 05:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryan K
Don?
Thank you very much sir!

See the discussion on the 2008 schedule on the CCCA website.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

Default 2008 Car Club Challenge Rules discussion

2008 Car Club Challenge Rules
Old 11-28-2007, 11:33 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm up for pretty much anything, really... although at this point in time it's not real clear whether I'm gonna be racing next season.

Combination of a few things... I am gonna be selling my house, and drop a car or two as part of relocating (not having to find a place with a 2-3 car garage will make my options much less limited)... and I'm also getting myself back into the music world and am gonna need a truck or a van or something to haul my gear around.

I started drag racing when I quit my band as a replacement for what I got out of playing music... but in going back to music, I may not have time / money to do both.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 11-28-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:16 PM
10 Second Club

Default December CCC Meeting Poll

I'm hosting the December meeting at my place in Monroe and the time is being planned on the CCC website. Please vote on a time you would attend.

http://www.carclubchallenge.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=259
Old 12-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned

Default How does CCC work?

How does the CCC work. Do I become a member of a club and then a member of CCC or can I just become a member of CCC. Any info would be appreciated. If I remember correctly a vert has to have a cage at 13.49 so I don't know how long it would take for them to ask me to leave since I don't have a cage and I think my car should run a little faster than that. At least I hope.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

You first need to join a car club. Your obvious choices would be NW F-body or Western Washington Firebirds. But you could join ANY club, even Ford Drag Team if you wanted. The next step is to come to the track & race for that club. And yes, if your car ins't legal per NHRA rules, you won't last very long. You can come to the mtg Sat at Don's to find out more.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

Default Dec 15th Meeting Minutes

We held our Dec mtg at Don's on Saturday. There were 18 racers in attendance, 7 NW Fbody members, 5 from Ford Drag Team, 2 from Pac NW Camaro Club and 4 with no team affiliation.

We discussed many topics and several motions were agreed to. mDon set 2 ground rules:

Rule 1 of CCCA is to have fun.

Rule 2 of CCCA is to try to include everyone.

With that in mind we started talking.

We decided the existing rules should do a fair job of saying who can or can't race in CCC. The rules are on this website & any changes will show up once they are voted into place. Basically the car must be street legal - licensed, exhaust, DOT tires (i.e. no slicks but drag radials, ET streets & skinnies are OK), cannot run faster than 10.0 in competition, must comply with the track's safety standards. Stuff like that.

A racer can compete in more than 1 bracket, but they are responsible for being in the lanes on time, etc. No special treatment will be given them because they are in multiple evetns.

The Gold Card issue was talked about at length. A motion was made to have Don talk to PR to adobt Bremerton's guidelines - the Gold Card is good only for the class you won.

We also talke about rainouts. We are pretty much at the tracks discretion for this. Pretty much if the race is called BY THE TRACK before elims you will get a rain check. But if elims start we go by the points earned. No make-ups. I will post our policy soon.

Then we talked about points. It was decided (again) that using the NHRA brackets style points system would be the best choice. That way the tracks can keep the points for us which allows the race directors to focus on running the race. This will change our existing point system, most notably no double point races. Again I will post what we agreed to soon. It will be pretty close to what is on Bremerton's website if you want a preview.

We also agreed that having the CCC tent at every race needs to return. We plan to have a banner(s) made with the sponsors names & CCC on it. We will have the rules, club member book, etc at the tent. And we plan to have a racers meetings at every race.

We talked about each officer's duties. The RD is in charge at the track to enforce existing rules. Any decision needs to be made / cleared by the RD. BUT, all the officers have the authority & duty to enforce the rules.

The motion was also made to cosnider letting bikes race. Probably not as their own club, but if a racer wants to run their bike instead of their car, then let them. This rule is NOT final yet! There are some very strong feelings one way or the other, but again, see rule 1 & 2. They would have to pass tech, run slower than 10.0, etc etc.

And lastly it was decided to have Jerry & Kenny have a 1 run race-off for last years indiv trophy. I'm not 100% what the details are, but it appears nobody can agree on who won. So at some race when they are both there this will get decided mano-e-mano.

The new rules are up for discussion and should be voted on at the next meeting. The time & place will be posted when we figure out the details. Stay tuned. And please post your opinions here.....we want to hear from everyone!

Mark
Old 01-07-2008, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

I have a question.

The number I got last year, to be able to race in the CCC. It was 004, is that still good for this year? Or do you have to change it every year?

Thanks

Lane
Old 01-07-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do we no longer have CCCA Numbers? I have been C02 since the start & Dan has been C17 since the start.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Do we no longer have CCCA Numbers? I have been C02 since the start & Dan has been C17 since the start.
We will still have numbers and anyone can keep a number that they used last year. I you want a specific number I'm sure we can accomidate that as long as it wasn't used by someone else last year.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

The January and February meeting locations and times have been posted on the CCC website.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

Is anyone going to be ready for the first Car Club race in only 27 more days?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

My car isnt ready & Will most likely not be ready, I still have to come up with 600 to get it even in the shop. lol.

Dont know if we are going to race this year or not. heck dont know if the weather will allow us to race.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Vettestir
Is anyone going to be ready for the first Car Club race in only 27 more days?
There is no CCC race in 27 days. Refer to the CCCA Web site "schedule page" for accurate info.

-Kent-
Old 02-07-2008, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

Kent
I just looked at the PR web page and it has a Car Club race on March 2nd.
They changed it last month sometime in the middle of the night.
If you look at it they also cut it down to only 4 races. I warned you about them!

Bill
Old 02-07-2008, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

I'm sorry I was wrong about there being 4 Car Club races. I was looking at my schedule that was printed on 1/9/08 It seems they put a Import race in and cut the last race on 8/22/08 so now there's only 3 Car Club races.

Bill
Old 02-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Vettestir
I'm sorry I was wrong about there being 4 Car Club races. I was looking at my schedule that was printed on 1/9/08 It seems they put a Import race in and cut the last race on 8/22/08 so now there's only 3 Car Club races.

Bill
Bill, again refer to the CCCA web site schedule page for the CORRECT schedule! Do NOT refer to PR's web site - it is wrong. They have said they will correct it, but haven't done so yet. I don't want us adding to their confusion.