Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Baydo Chevrolet Mothers day Camaro show

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baydo Chevrolet Mothers day Camaro show

Is this weekend its free & it should be HOPING to be nice out that day, Bring your mothers & your cars, & lets have some fun.

Its in McKenna wa, off of hiway 507.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:11 AM
Teching In

What day and Time?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BoomersWS6
What day and Time?
you better show up I have that jacket for your son.

Sunday Mothers DAY (DUHHHHHHH) 10-2 Rain, SNOW or shine it doesnt matter we will be there.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

So, what restrictions are there on the year of the cars? What models?
Chev only?
Registration fee? Regular car show?

Not to far to drive for me.
DT
Old 05-06-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dogtag
So, what restrictions are there on the year of the cars? What models?
Chev only?
Registration fee? Regular car show?

Not to far to drive for me.
DT
Camaro of any generation are welcomed. THIS Is strictly a camaro show (last year we tried an Fbody show & only 2 firebirds showed up.

Entry is free & we do door prize raffles, Door prize tickets cost $1 each or 6 tickets for $5 & the money goes to Northwest Harvest.

as for reg car show yes we vote for cars & do does the dealership.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

for those who didnt show up we had a blast & had about 18 cars there that braved the weather.
http://pnwcc.com/gall/gallery/BaydoCamaroshow
Old 05-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Teching In

Sorry Tammy, I got stuck working weekend duty! Wish I could have been there it looked like fun.

Dan
Old 05-12-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry Tammy, I got stuck working weekend duty! Wish I could have been there it looked like fun.

Dan
Its ok try to make the Fathers day one. lol. Next month lol.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Teching In

Talking F-body open!!!!!

Fathers day will be great, but you need to open it back up again for F-bodies. I would like to win someting too? I will do my best to be there and my WS6 is in the shop right now getting my windows fixed for some soon to be sun shine? The sun does shin in this state doesn't it?
Dan
Old 05-13-2008, 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Fathers day will be great, but you need to open it back up again for F-bodies. I would like to win someting too? I will do my best to be there and my WS6 is in the shop right now getting my windows fixed for some soon to be sun shine? The sun does shin in this state doesn't it?
Dan
Once in a while the sun shines. Really the summers that I've had here are pretty nice. It looks like this week is going to be vert weather.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Once in a while the sun shines. Really the summers that I've had here are pretty nice. It looks like this week is going to be vert weather.
Oh Heck yea it shines in this state just not a lot lol, & Yes its vert weather later this week going to drive the 72 buick to work this friday
Old 05-14-2008, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

I'd come but I don't have the "right" kind of wheels....

DT
Old 05-14-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heck we had a few mustangs show up & stop & check out the cars, Even had a El stop by park & checked us out then left.

Anyone is welcome to come to these show just if they dont own a camaro they cant enter to win trophies.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Heck we had a few mustangs show up & stop & check out the cars, Even had a El stop by park & checked us out then left.

Anyone is welcome to come to these show just if they dont own a camaro they cant enter to win trophies.
This info would of been good to know before the show. You said us TA guys couldn't be in it so people, at least I did, took that as don't show up with the car and expect to be able to park in the show area. I couldn't have shown anyway but I think that turned off some of the local guys that would of came to show off their car. JMO.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
This info would of been good to know before the show. You said us TA guys couldn't be in it so people, at least I did, took that as don't show up with the car and expect to be able to park in the show area. I couldn't have shown anyway but I think that turned off some of the local guys that would of came to show off their car. JMO.
There is a Camaro show on Fathers day down at Titus will Chevrolet in Olympia.

Sorry I dont make the rules of the show, this show & the one on Father's day are the say so of the dealerships. Last year I tired to do an fbody show at both dealerships but only 3 Firebirds showed up to one show & 2 at the other show, so it turned the dealerships off of doing it again.

Plus the title of this Thread did Say CAMARO show.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Teching In

There were more than 3 Firebirds at the Titus will last July when I meet you Tammy? I remember meeting Al & Barb from the Western Washington Firebirds Club? It kind of sucks that it's not an F-body show again, and I think if it was better advertised you might get a better turn out from both cars? Even the owner of Titus had his Firebird out there? Anyway thats my 2 cents.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

There were more than 3 Firebirds at the Titus will last July when I meet you Tammy? I remember meeting Al & Barb from the Western Washington Firebirds Club? It kind of sucks that it's not an F-body show again, and I think if it was better advertised you might get a better turn out from both cars? Even the owner of Titus had his Firebird out there? Anyway thats my 2 cents.
also titus will got bytched out at by Rotters Pontiac because they had Pontiacs showing up at a show & they didnt have any notice the show was going on (which they did)

Yea there were only 4 Firebird tehre that were ENTERED in the show, No the doesnt own a Firebird that was one of his sales guys that owned that car. yea western washington firebird guys were there but they didnt get the word out on the show since I started advertising it a year in advance.

dan ask My husband about putting on these shows they are alot of work & are planned starting the year before, I have already asked how many trophies we can have for next years Baydo show & they said 6 if the sales of teh 5th gen Camaro goes well if not then its back down to 5.

After the Crappy turn out of both these shows the last couple years the dealerships are starting to talk about dropping them all together.
But with limited parking at the dealerships (much more than 30 cars we start getting tight at these two locations) .

we had talked about doing a Camaro/Corvette show & that was shot down fast because of the amount of work it would do plus the cost of trophies.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

here is the break down of the cost of the show, just the small shows.
30 Dash plaques (camaro club pays for) about $35 each show.

Trophies 4 generation trophies & 1 best of show $170.19 was the cost this year & I get told I get to spend $200 for Trophies ONLY.

Door Prizes if I can get local buisnesses to put out then thats fine (baydos show we did good I think I only spent about $10 on the show.) if Not then it can cost me anywhere from $50 to $200 on door Prizes.

Advertising cost cost of Printer ink & Paper to print fliers About $100 a year comes out of my pocket. Plus I also Put on Craigslist, & every Camaro Site I know of. Cant afford Advertising it in the newspaper Because they will not give me a discounted price for it (well locally they dont)

Right there I am about $150-$300 OUt of my own pocket that No one is willing to give me back. For each show, since I put together 2 shows a year thats $300-$600 I am out. & these shows are less than amonth a part.& when you only get paid $700 a month & you have other bills its hard.

The show is for Charity so I dont bitch that much.

How many here put on shows with money coming out of their own pockets? I know Don has. To only see maybe 20 cars show up? I work my butt off here Putting these shows on & no one shows up.

Quick Reply: Baydo Chevrolet Mothers day Camaro show