Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Who is Going Racing at PR Friday?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008 | 05:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I see you missed the picture posted. I Know reading is not your strong point just like spelling is not mine.
I comprehend fine. We are talking about bracket racing and you posted trophies. You don't have to have a fast car to win bracket races.

I blew a head gasket BFD? I am still trying to figure out WTF that has to do with the price of rice in china?
Because you claim to be a great tuner, but:

-You blew your supercharged motor and your nitrous motor. God forbid you tackle tuning a more difficult turbo motor.

-You tuned Lane's car and it runs like **** (No offense, Lane).

-You tried to tune Nate's car and admitted you didn't know wtf you were doing and even called Ryan in for backup.

Hell Ask Tony
Tony is a nice guy.
Old 05-23-2008 | 05:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NVME
I comprehend fine. We are talking about bracket racing and you posted trophies. You don't have to have a fast car to win bracket races.

Because you claim to be a great tuner, but:

-You blew your supercharged motor and your nitrous motor. God forbid you tackle tuning a more difficult turbo motor.

-You tuned Lane's car and it runs like **** (No offense, Lane).

-You tried to tune Nate's car and admitted you didn't know wtf you were doing and even called Ryan in for backup.

Tony is a nice guy.

LOL You and Nate kissing again or what!

One at a tinme I guess.

ATI Blower exploded. nothing to do with the tune

I pushed a head gasket on a hole that went lean, We rejetted that hole but the damage was done. No big deal.

Lanes car runs like **** ah? I will give him a call and check in.

Nate brought a car down that was mechanicly un-sound and wanted a SD tune. The whole deal got started because, yes, I had just got the first version of software to tune on 98s.

Neither of you come out to race any ways you just come on here and start trouble. All you have ever done. You guys get your kicks trying to **** other people off. Lies and decete behind the side lines and peoples backs. We have come to under stand that and just adjust to it and ignore it.

The funny part is the only person upset right now is you
Old 05-23-2008 | 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL You and Nate kissing again or what!
It's called "Tummysticks"

And as for my car being mechanically unsound? You and I both know what transpired. I had a leaking header gasket, yes. But nothing happened with the tune. Did you or did you not tell me you didn't know how to SD tune? And did you call Ryan K. for help? I appreciate the attempt but that is where I'll leave it. I was trying to bury that hatchet...
Old 05-23-2008 | 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

To be exact I explained in detail WHY I do not do SD tunes and you took it as I did not know how.

Yes I did Call Ryan K. He knows more about 98 PCMs then anyone I could think of at the time. He agree'd It was pointless to work on a car that did not have a wide band and narrow bands that would not work correctly due to the blown out header gaskets.

Anyone will tell you trying to tune with out at least one(WB Preffered) much less a SD tune Is a waste of time.

SO yes due to your car being unsound we got no where on the tune.
Old 05-23-2008 | 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To be exact I explained in detail WHY I do not do SD tunes and you took it as I did not know how.
You didn't know what table to modify to change VE in SD mode (my car was running super rich). THEN you explained to me why a MAF tune is great. To be honest I have no experience with your tuning skills, good or bad so I can't comment on the matter. But fact is fact.
Old 05-23-2008 | 06:16 PM
10 Second Club

Yes I did ask him that because at the time the 98 Tables were listed different then the 99 and later tables. The 98 also has less tables then the newer PCMs.

And to be Specific I called to ask him WHICH tables controled WHAT area's of the VE, mainly due to the way they were listed at the time (Beta 98 version I was testing)

I did explain that the PCM is writen all most completely around the MAF and not the MAP like the older ECMs. There for Yes MAF tunes do tend to have an advantage in our climate. This is mainly dur to the MANY offset tables that control the effects over the fueling. Seems like every time i get an update from one of the software gruops I am using there are more and more un covered. SD tuning tools IMHO Much better today then they were even two years ago.

SO THE real question is...Are either one of you coming out to race tonight as that IS what this post was about before you guys de-railed it...
Old 05-23-2008 | 07:08 PM
Launching!

SO THE real question is...Are either one of you coming out to race tonight...
Sure. You have head up on the street. We can line up on the interstate and you can pretend it's random so it will be safe.
Old 05-23-2008 | 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Old 05-23-2008 | 07:21 PM
10 Second Club

LOL I expected as much from you Eric
Old 05-23-2008 | 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 05-23-2008 | 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

Old 05-23-2008 | 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 05-23-2008 | 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

Well, it got rained out

Oh, and im back from BANNED CAMP
Old 05-23-2008 | 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wws699
Well, it got rained out

Oh, and im back from BANNED CAMP
Sucks it got rained out. Welcome back from camp.
Old 05-24-2008 | 12:47 AM
10 Second Club

Let me see if I got this straight, you 2 act the way you do on here because Ellis might not know everything about tuning? You're shitting me, right? I've asked questions (& listened to the answers) of many of the fabled super-tuners & I can guarantee none of them know enough, not even Ellis. But they know more than me (& you too according to some posts I've read) and are all trying to learn to become better. You 2 seem to be stuck in the past.....

And yeah, we all spent $100 to go watch a tractor drive up & down the race track trying in vein to dry it out. Gotta love racing in the NW.

At least I finally got to see John's Mustang make a pass. That thing is NASTY!!! For a slow (10 sec) old-school Ford that is.
Old 05-24-2008 | 12:49 AM
Launching!

Old 05-24-2008 | 12:12 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by NVME
I've raced at the track plenty of times at tracks all over the country. Bracket racing is gay, IMO and it is the popular thing to do up here. Why? I feel it is because the weather is so shitty most of the year that it is a waste of money for them to sink money into something they can't use most of the time. Not many people have a really fast car. Please everyone with a low 10 second or high 9 second trailer car jump in here and prove my point. Since no one really has a fast car they race a race were you don't need to have the fastest car to win. Does bracket racing take skill? Of course it does, but then again so does men's figure skating. Have fun with that.
Yeah, but those of us that don't have a tiny **** are perfectly content with the idea that our car ISN'T the fastest thing on the planet.

It could be sunny and 60 degrees here every day and I would still have a 12 second car. Why? Because I have better things to do than spend every weekend working on it...

And if you don't like bracket racing... don't do it. It's that simple. You don't have to bracket race to go to the track... but I guess for you it's just another in a very long list of very tired and lame excuses.

Someone start a decent streetcar heads up class and I would love to race in it bewteen deployments. I have been kicking around the idea of racing the BC supershifters class. Mission Raceway is better/closer to me anyway and it would be against other street cars that aren't "point and shoot".
What, is your arm broke? You want it... Start it yourself! But I'm sure you can come up with an excuse for why you don't do that, too.
Old 05-24-2008 | 01:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Yeah, but those of us that don't have a tiny **** are perfectly content with the idea that our car ISN'T the fastest thing on the planet.
It's not the fastest on the planet.

And if you don't like bracket racing... don't do it.
I won't. And I do go to the track. I just don't post up about everytime I make a slow pass/put on a new cat back/tighten my lug nuts/change my oil/buy a piece of **** to haul my drums/lose my job. To each his own.

What, is your arm broke? You want it... Start it yourself! But I'm sure you can come up with an excuse for why you don't do that, too.
I'd love to if I wasn't deployed all the time. You'd know what that was about if you weren't Tacamo.
Old 05-24-2008 | 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

friday's passed, track got closed, so should this thread. It's just turned into the same old argument.
Old 05-24-2008 | 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

Wow what a thread. Anyway for the record I do like Dons idea of adding a trophy for most consistent team and leaving the actual points system the way it is. I think it would motivate people to do better without penalizing the less experienced and teams would still want to promote attendance.

Eric, my street racing roots run as deep as yours if not deeper and I would love to be able to run a heads up class. But the reality of it is my pockets are not near deep enough and I know it. So whether you like it or not you're only option IS some sort of bracket racing. Either that or you just built a helluva TnT car/street beater, and what fun is that?

Quick Reply: Who is Going Racing at PR Friday?