Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Who is Going Racing at PR Friday?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is Going Racing at PR Friday?

Since I'm finally in town & there is no way for me to get my car "finished" in time for this race, I'm just going to try to get it looking nice enough for the Colby Show on Monday & race my truck Friday. Since our team's participation has been a little low so far this year, I thought I'd get the ball rolling....

C'mon guys, are we just going to roll over & let the dreaded Ford Drag Team win again?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am trying to finish prepping the Blu car. I need to get it down and test drive it to find any bugs today. if the rain will let me

Biggest obstickle right now is I need to build the battery bulk head
Old 05-21-2008, 09:20 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Since I'm finally in town & there is no way for me to get my car "finished" in time for this race, I'm just going to try to get it looking nice enough for the Colby Show on Monday & race my truck Friday. Since our team's participation has been a little low so far this year, I thought I'd get the ball rolling....
I won't be able to make any of the Friday races this year... I can't make it to the track in time to get a practice run. Gonna miss the June 7th race also because I'm moving on that day.

C'mon guys, are we just going to roll over & let the dreaded Ford Drag Team win again?
Unless we start showing up with 20+ cars every race, they'll probably win on numbers alone anyway.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Going to be there today.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER

Thats funny you say that. AFTER 1 RACE!!!! And the other was canceled.

Alot more people would show up to the PR races. but its on a friday, and those are not the best days to be trying to get off of work, and then haul *** over there. Espically for people like me that live a few hours away..
Old 05-21-2008, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

I work this Friday and we're still waiting on the block from waterhouse. I'd love to go racing as a bday present to myself (yesterday) but may have to give it to myself later heh.

Last edited by HitmanLSX; 05-21-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

I'll be there. All alone I guess........

Old 05-21-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

I'm split whether or not I can make it... The blazer that I'll be racing might be loaded with several hundred pounds of carpeting that wouldn't be fun... But I might make it if I can get my truck running in time, but doubtful
Old 05-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Teching In

How's the weather looking down their guys? Satellites are showing showers in the area and the forecast is for increased rain around the 4 - 6 pm timeframe.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I won't be able to make any of the Friday races this year... I can't make it to the track in time to get a practice run. Gonna miss the June 7th race also because I'm moving on that day.

Unless we start showing up with 20+ cars every race, they'll probably win on numbers alone anyway.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:24 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by esoteric
Well, personally... I'd rather win by being a good racer.

Winning purely on numbers seems like a pretty anticlimactic victory to me when most of the team is getting their asses handed to them on the track. If you averaged the win/loss ratio out to a per racer basis, NWFB would probably be slaughtering everyone. We maintained a .500 or better average almost every round last season.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there in the 7 cylinder
Old 05-21-2008, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

I'll be there but if I race car club it will be with Fast Company.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Winning purely on numbers seems like a pretty anticlimactic victory to me when most of the team is getting their asses handed to them on the track. If you averaged the win/loss ratio out to a per racer basis, NWFB would probably be slaughtering everyone. We maintained a .500 or better average almost every round last season.
Totally... last season, I figured there was no point in racing in CCC because of one team winning due to having more racers than all the other teams combined. That's just frustration for me, not really fun... and personally, I wouldn't find it much fun if my team was winning almost solely because we outnumber the other teams put together. No offense to anyone of course, because I do know there are several Ford Drag Team members who are damn good racers.

I'll probably be sticking to a couple of lapping days this year, and that's it. No sense in racing much if at all in a series that is flawed in the way one team basically is crowned the winner before the season starts, just by having a ton more people show up than everyone else.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Maybe they should split the ford team up into two different teams next year. That way its not so big. And would be alot more competitive for everyone...

Just a thought.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:30 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by crazylane
Maybe they should split the ford team up into two different teams next year. That way its not so big. And would be alot more competitive for everyone...

Just a thought.
It's easy...

Take the number of rounds a team wins total... divide it by the number of racers.. Round the points to the nearest thousandth...and that's the number of points they get towards the title.

That way the stakes are even, no matter how many people show up. A team with 10 racers would have just as much of a chance as a team with 100... in fact, if they were good racers, the group of 10 would have more of a chance. The numbers game would work against a large team that was padding the numbers with people who went out in the first round, and work in favor of the good racers... And since good racing is what makes the series fun... everyone wins, and people are also encouraged to improve their racing skills, rather than just being encouraged to show up.

I'd love to see some of the smaller teams... like Misfits and Midnight Motorsports have just as much of a chance at the title and the Ford Team does.. and just like the individual competition, the team with the best racers wins....

Maybe we could create an attendance award for the team that gets the most cars in the staging lanes... but the overall "series champion" title should go to the best racers.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 05-22-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:14 AM
10 Second Club

It's easy...

Take the number of rounds a team wins total... divide it by the number of racers.. Round the points to the nearest thousandth...and that's the number of points they get towards the title.

That way the stakes are even, no matter how many people show up. A team with 10 racers would have just as much of a chance as a team with 100... in fact, if they were good racers, the group of 10 would have more of a chance. The numbers game would work against a large team that was padding the numbers with people who went out in the first round, and work in favor of the good racers... And since good racing is what makes the series fun... everyone wins, and people are also encouraged to improve their racing skills, rather than just being encouraged to show up.

I'd love to see some of the smaller teams... like Misfits and Midnight Motorsports have just as much of a chance at the title and the Ford Team does.. and just like the individual competition, the team with the best racers wins....

Maybe we could create an attendance award for the team that gets the most cars in the staging lanes... but the overall "series champion" title should go to the best racers.
I like that idea with a little twist. Make a new title for most consistant team. Keep all the other titles the same.

Thoughts?
Old 05-22-2008, 05:51 AM
10 Second Club

It's an interesting dilemma....we want people to come race, yet we're talking about penalizing a team that gets a lot of people to show up. And while I understand, you gotta respect ALL of the Ford guys that are willing to show up every week even tho they "aren't as good" as some others.

Personally, I just like going to the track. I love racing, fast cars, and hanging out with racers & BS-ing. The sounds, the smells, the scenery, the comradere.....and every once in a while you might even get a trophy! What's not to like?
Old 05-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tranzor
Totally... last season, I figured there was no point in racing in CCC because of one team winning due to having more racers than all the other teams combined. That's just frustration for me, not really fun... and personally, I wouldn't find it much fun if my team was winning almost solely because we outnumber the other teams put together. No offense to anyone of course, because I do know there are several Ford Drag Team members who are damn good racers.

I'll probably be sticking to a couple of lapping days this year, and that's it. No sense in racing much if at all in a series that is flawed in the way one team basically is crowned the winner before the season starts, just by having a ton more people show up than everyone else.

Tranzor, just FYI, we (the CCCA) are having a booth at the Colby show just for the purpose of getting more people on the teams. Also, for what it is worth, a few guys on our team have already approached me about us splitting our team. So there are folks on our team that are very concerned about the impact on the CCCA due to one team dominating.

Our team consisted of just 4-7 cars total for a few years, so I fully understand the impact of having to compete against a large number of opponents. While we have some guys that are good racers, the number of cars alone, have made a quite a difference.

I think the new Camaro and Challenger will make a huge difference, as well as recruiting new racers at car shows. HOWEVER, if it doesn't, I think the chances are good that our team will get together to discuss options.

Respectfully,
-Kent- FDT
Old 05-22-2008, 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Winning based on numbers IS the point.

We need to articulate the point of the CCC: The main point is to encourage people to come to the races to socialize and enjoy their cars. Getting people to the races means introducing new people to the sport. These neophytes will probably not perform well while learning. Using your system, each club would want to exclude new and inexperienced racers.

The quantity without quality accusation directed at the FDT is not supported by the results, unless you compare the least experienced FDT members with the most experienced members from other clubs. The FDT has many new members, and many inexperienced members. There is a correlation.

We are using the same points system used for Saturday night bracket racing. That system gives additonal points for winning rounds. It was and is mathmatically possible for a team with few entries to outpoint a team with many entries.

As for breaking-up the FDT to encourage competition -it may be necessary. The wild card in this equation will be the number of people buying, and willing to race, their new Camaroes and Challengers

Last edited by esoteric; 05-22-2008 at 09:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Who is Going Racing at PR Friday?