Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises
View Poll Results: What weekend is best for you?
July 16-18
54.39%
July 23-25 (Mustang Week)
45.61%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

FBODY BEACH WEEKEND 2010! info, ideas, come in....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll post up a link of photos on the first post.
We're still working the location.....once I have a confirmation we can start finalizing some other details...host hotel...etc.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first post updated with pic links
Old 01-13-2010, 05:06 AM
On The Tree

Much appreciated sir. Thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

i'll be there!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Wow....driving down from NY! That's what I'm talkin about.....we THINK we have found a spot for this show that everyone will love, but we have to make sure its "locked in" before we announce it!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

I may also be attending as well as a few others from our area. I am working on getting a group of us to cruise down to join you guys in the beautiful MB weather. Kidcamaro98 and I are on the same forum from Upstate NY.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Resident

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I have marked it down on my calendar at work!

Question, is the location you are thinking of pet friendly? The dog will come, if possible. she loves riding with the top down!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Launching!

It's a done deal.............the show will be 8am to 4pm Sat July 17 at Planet Hollywood.

They'll sell beer and water outside.

Still working the Hotel info. Next task will be the fun stuff......thinking about trying to have some track fun at Myrtle Beach Speedway on Friday night.

Burn out contest......and 0-60-0.

How's this sound?????? Other ideas welcome......keep in mind this is a half mile track so space is limited. I'm also going to check into the drag strip and see which is the better deal.

In order to make this happen.....we need to hear from you. We're also looking into ordering Tshirts and hats to sell to pay for all this.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Launching!

this sounds like im gonna be coming down for another year, like last year we set up canopys to keep out of the sun,will we be able to do that again this year thats the only way the wife will come with me. also is there anything planned for friday or sunday. i was planning on coming down thursday morning and coming back sunday afternoon it there wasnt anything planned on sunday. im up for anything like a 0-60-0 or something at the drag strip, but last i heard the dragstrip as still closed or it only opened once a month.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hokie00 TA
this sounds like im gonna be coming down for another year, like last year we set up canopys to keep out of the sun,will we be able to do that again this year thats the only way the wife will come with me. also is there anything planned for friday or sunday. i was planning on coming down thursday morning and coming back sunday afternoon it there wasnt anything planned on sunday. im up for anything like a 0-60-0 or something at the drag strip, but last i heard the dragstrip as still closed or it only opened once a month.
This is all still in the works.....but 95% sure we will have SOME sort of event like dragstrip, burnout contest, road course, 0-60-0, etc. Just not sure yet, as we have to find a location first. Our next step is to get all of our sponsors on board with us. So far, Hawks Third Gen and Zues Performance are willing to help......and other shops like Tick have shown interest in coming down. Once we get our sponsors on board with us, things can really start to take off! As always....we are posting info as we recieve it! As for the tent....I don't see why not, since Planet Hollywood is goin g to have people there selling beer and food outside, I'm sure they'll have a tent doing that, so why not us too?

If any local shops are following this thread....feel fee to PM me or Terry (WipFbody) if ya'll are interested in helping us make this weekend something that will be hopefully grow to be HUGE!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

I found a hotel (not ocean front, but still nice) that will do us a group rate for $75 a night. you will NOT beat that price for this time of the year! I reserved 50 rooms, and we can increase or decrease that number in the future. I'll have more info in a few days as far as a link for you all to reserve your room and a coupon code to use to get this price.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Launching!

whats the name of the hotel and where is it located at
Old 01-15-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Its a La Quinta on North Kings Hwy.....I'll post a link once the manager sends it to me, but they don't want all the people really calling in yet until they get everything set up for us, as far as locking in the group rate in the computer system (whatever that consists of). A few of us stayed in it last year, and its a nice hotel! They even have a covered area for 15-20 cars to park under.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

On the subject of merch, I think t-shirts are a great idea. Im not much of a hat guy but I would love to see hooded sweat shirts. I know you would sell at least one. LoL

Im not sure if you would want the design for the shirts to be F-body oriented or LSX oriented but this may make or break the deal for a lot of potential customers.

It seems this event is growing and is bringing in a wide variety of GM enthusiast. You may want to consider making some changes for the greater masses that it seems this event is bringing in. IMHO
Old 01-16-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Johawk
On the subject of merch, I think t-shirts are a great idea. Im not much of a hat guy but I would love to see hooded sweat shirts. I know you would sell at least one. LoL

Im not sure if you would want the design for the shirts to be F-body oriented or LSX oriented but this may make or break the deal for a lot of potential customers.

It seems this event is growing and is bringing in a wide variety of GM enthusiast. You may want to consider making some changes for the greater masses that it seems this event is bringing in. IMHO
T-shirts are going to be done for sure, and we have put together a plan to pay for them that we will run by our sponsors. I agree about the hat thing.....I doubt hats will sell that well since everyone already has their favorite hats that they wear. The shirts and things we sell will be gear towards F-Body in general. Not LSx, LTx, etc.......as F-Bodies of all years will be present. We are sticking with the same basic logo that has been used in the years past, which is a sillouette of two F-bodies facing each other.

What changes are you suggesting we make that will cater to the greater masses this show is bringing in? We are having a separate show for the non-fbody cars, but the event will primarily be geared towards the F-body crowd. Do you suggest we have the F-body classes, and then have spearate classe in the other shows for LS powered trucks, SUV, sedan......and also vettes, GTOs, etc? Try and keep it all F-Body and late-model GM?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

BTW......if anyone here is into graphic design, or can design good looking logos, tshirts, etc....please PM me because we sure could use your help!
Old 01-16-2010, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Looking through the pics of previous years there seemed to be a decent amount of attendance from other vehicle owners besides F-bodies. What I was thinking is possibly a different shirt design if someone came up with something good. If I were a Vette owner or GTO, TBSS, ect, Im not sure if I would want to buy a shirt with a logo of 2 f-bodys... I dont mean to make a big deal out of it. Just a thought that I had.

I dont know what kind of budget this is on but I can imagine that is a concern as well.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Mustang week is open to cars other than stangs, but their logo stays true to what the events caters most to.....Mustangs.

This is the logo since the beginning. I think it's simple...showcases Fbodies, and looks great! The font and lettering may probably change, but as far as the logo with the cars, does everyone like this? We want to stay true to things and don't want to change every little thing about the weekend, and the logo that has been there since the beginning may b one of those things that should stay the same. Thoguhts, opinions, etc? As far as the budget...lol....we are a car club that has only been in existence for a year, and we dont even have money to our name as a club...and don't even have a bank account! We are just a few guys with a vision, that did not want to see this event die like it almost did last year. The man who is running the car show has every intent to make this as big as Mustang Week in the years to come!

Last edited by kyles2000z; 01-16-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
BTW......if anyone here is into graphic design, or can design good looking logos, tshirts, etc....please PM me because we sure could use your help!
sent you a PM

my sister is a very very talented graphic designer! I explained all in my PM!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
Mustang week is open to cars other than stangs, but their logo stays true to what the events caters most to.....Mustangs.

This is the logo since the beginning. I think it's simple...showcases Fbodies, and looks great! The font and lettering may probably change, but as far as the logo with the cars, does everyone like this? We want to stay true to things and don't want to change every little thing about the weekend, and the logo that has been there since the beginning may b one of those things that should stay the same. Thoguhts, opinions, etc? As far as the budget...lol....we are a car club that has only been in existence for a year, and we dont even have money to our name as a club...and don't even have a bank account! We are just a few guys with a vision, that did not want to see this event die like it almost did last year. The man who is running the car show has every intent to make this as big as Mustang Week in the years to come!

I think that Logo is awesome. If you want, I can have my sister do a few changes, make a few different logo's and I will post them up. I personally think the Logo would need a little more spice such as real existing cars behind the actual logo. If you dont mind, I will have her play around with it...maybe we can come up with something!

were trying to get her name out in the open more and this would be a great start!

Quick Reply: FBODY BEACH WEEKEND 2010! info, ideas, come in....