Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

Biggest F Body Gathering

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Biggest F Body Gathering

So when and where is the biggest F-Body gathering?
Or other major F-Body event,s going to be for 2006.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F-Body event at the National Corvette Museum in September.
Camarofest in Michigan in July.
Gathering in Atlanta in May.

...those are probably the 3 biggest F-Body events.

We need to hit 1000 cars at one of these so we can make our buddy Scott Settlemire quit smoking!
Old 11-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been attending these shows for last couple years except Superfest (will get there someday)
Shows ya need to attend if ya can....
1.Fbody Gathering in Atlanta in May 06
2.Worldwide Camaro Winternationals in Kissimmee, Fl - Feb 06
3.Worldwide Camaro International is in Mo this year I believe July 06
4.Superfest in Ann Arbor, MI is limited to Camaro's - July 06
5.Invasion in BG, Ky

Gathering at Marriott in Atlanta is my favorite, a fun show, the folks that put that show together do a FANTASTIC job, would guess there was 400+ F Bods over memorial day weekend. Great time!!
Old 11-16-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

damn those are all for camraos what happen to t/a
Old 11-16-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

the East Coast F-Body Nationals in New Jersey, mid August. bracket racing, heads up racing, car show, prizes, give aways, prolly a dyno, and whatever else we can pack into the weekend
hosted by the new jersey f-body owners association to celebrate our anniversary each year.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Nothing out west huh?
Old 11-26-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by offset_98
Nothing out west huh?
let me get through the '06 east coast nats and i will work on it for '07
Old 12-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

Lest we forget........Camaros at Carlisle. (also included are Firebirds) and it's part of "GM at Carlisle"

I believe the website is www.carsatcarlisle
Old 12-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

I owe you an apology , Scott . I didn't "keep the faith" but I think you guys at GM will prove me totally wrong in January in Detroit. I know you can't tell me nothing but it sure is hard to wait ......
Old 12-02-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Lest we forget........Camaros at Carlisle. (also included are Firebirds) and it's part of "GM at Carlisle"

I believe the website is www.carsatcarlisle
they shoudl really open that up to all f-bodies. the camaro's they draw are nice, but it is the same platform, show some love.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NJSPDER
they shoudl really open that up to all f-bodies. the camaro's they draw are nice, but it is the same platform, show some love.
It was opened up to Firebirds! For the past two years.

For what it's worth....I've been begging all Camaro Clubs to welcome Firebird owners.....it simply makes great sense. I do believe there's concern as to the amount of additional work it would cause if it's a judged show...but my response to that is "welcome them anyway....and have a show and shine field!"

With my limited time available to travel to Fcar events, I've made it clear that I can only support Camaro/Firebird events.........not just "Camaro" events.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by badjuju342
I owe you an apology , Scott . I didn't "keep the faith" but I think you guys at GM will prove me totally wrong in January in Detroit. I know you can't tell me nothing but it sure is hard to wait ......

oh ye of little faith!

Remember this: When I tell you something, I have to face you later. If I lie to you, you will have no faith in anything I say. I understand your frustration...and you have no idea of the frustration I PERSONALLY have because of YOUR Frustration! It's been very difficult to lurk on the many Camaro sites over the past couple of years......and know what I know...and not be able to post or say anything. That's why many times I've posted "Read my book in 15 years and then you'll understand!"

(interestingly, one site has a thread entitled "What should the name of RedPlanet's book be?" ....RedPlanet being one of my alteregos....... the best idea yet? ....one guy came up with --- drum roll please.............

"Camaros Are From Mars -- Mustangs Are From Uranus!"

(cymbal crash.....)
Old 12-11-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
It was opened up to Firebirds! For the past two years.

For what it's worth....I've been begging all Camaro Clubs to welcome Firebird owners.....it simply makes great sense. I do believe there's concern as to the amount of additional work it would cause if it's a judged show...but my response to that is "welcome them anyway....and have a show and shine field!"

With my limited time available to travel to Fcar events, I've made it clear that I can only support Camaro/Firebird events.........not just "Camaro" events.
that is one of the 2 issues we had to deal with getting the NJFBOA off the ground. many people wanted it to be exclusive to one or the other, not open. that sorted itself out and we ended up with a strong mix of all gens from both cars.
the other thing that has worked for us is being open to everyone. we don't require ownership of an f-body to be a member. our policy is that we are open to all "owners, friends, and fans" of the platform.
in a little over a year(went public august 10, 2004) and now we are over 660 members and have many successful club events under our belt.
being open to both marks and to anyone with any interest in the f-body(including younger kids) is what keeps the history and passion for these cars alive. [/soap box]
Old 12-12-2005, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

I went to Camaro Superfest this july, man that was big! Hundreds of cars of all generations.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

phoenix and NJSPDER, you two obviously haven' t heard of S.T.A.R.S. (Southern Trans Am Regionals). It takes place in Florida, but I' m not sure when, and to my knowledge only open to Ponchos.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

there will always be events that are specific to one mark or trim level of the cars.
what i worry about are the elitist(sp?) clubs that you must own a specific car to even talk to any of them, and even then only after you pay a required membership fee.

the more open to automotive enthusiasts in general a club or event is the more likely it is to grow and hold everyones attention in the future.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

there will also be a ton of fbodys on the hotrod power tour. at least last year there was a ton. i dont think ill beable to make it all the way down to florida for the 06 power tour, but i am planning on going to the summernationals in St. Paul minnesota this year with several other fbodys. i hear that is a really big event so it should be a good time.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

Is there any info/website on 'Gathering 10' in Atlanta this year?
Old 01-22-2006, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Trans Am Nationals in Dayton, OH in August. Usually 550-600 Firebirds, GTAs, Firehawks, Formulas and, of course, Trans Ams. Any Birds is welcome. I posted some pics in another thread is this forum. (Other Special Events.) If you own a Bird, it is a GREAT show.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/other-special-events/440114-any-trans-am-nationals-pics.html

http://www.firebirdtaclub.com/tanat.htm
Old 01-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z
Is there any info/website on 'Gathering 10' in Atlanta this year?
http://www.fbodygathering.com/

That is the website for G10 in Atlanta. So far they've only posted dates. May 26, 27, 28, 2006.

Quick Reply: Biggest F Body Gathering