Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

2008 Trans am Nationals, Dayton OH

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chico05RST
I'm with you on that. BTW I'm was the 1 that had the chameleon 96 TA in m2, they only gave out 2 places . The black TA that had the wizard of oz stuff took 2nd and how I don't know I took 1st.
Your car deserves a trophy, love seeing a nice LT1. I talked to you in 2006 and you told me where you bought your chrome intake plate. If you noticed I bought one and it sures makes a difference in hiding my ugly top of my intake between the fuel rail covers.
Congrads on the first place finish. Hope you plan to come back so we can talk again.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bird Man
What about the guys who have $1000's in their interiors or in their paint jobs.
Under the hood is only 25 pts.
Or $3000 worth of wheels and tires
well yeah that too, but my point was, i have none of those things and they tried to stick me in that class just because i added a WS6 hood and airbox. Once i got it straightened out and was put in G2, there were no less than 3 cars in that class that had the same hood/airbox and a set of aftermarket wheels like i did, that were 93-95's (they said if my car was a 96 it wouldnt have been a problem going in modified from the beginning) so obviously different tech judges were following different guidlines and i got an **** tech judge...i would have been so outclassed in heavy custom, it wouldn't have even been funny

truthfully my car was borderline between modified and heavy modified because i have 5-6 mods (whether you count the ram airbox and hood as 1 mod or 2) but still nowhere near the 16+ mods that puts you in heavy custom.

did anyone else have trouble with the class they were put into?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Had an awesome time there as every year we go up there. Cars are unbelievable and the people are great to talk to for advice. I dont believe in going to be get judged as i know with either car we have they just dont compare to half the cars in our class. Our 95 t/a with 110k and our 94 formula with 205k are driven cars and have wear and tear as opposed to barely driven cars. I go to have fun and wen it comes to judging day i do my best to get to the best it can be and look back wow my car looks good for the yr and mileage it has even though its got dings scratches etc. I love my car the way it is and would never trade it in for a trailer queen or low k car thats never driven.

I just put the bs aside and to have fun who cares what people think of your car its yours for a reason cause thats the way you own it!

here's my pics http://community.webshots.com/album/565605580SbabRP
Old 08-29-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
well yeah that too, but my point was, i have none of those things and they tried to stick me in that class just because i added a WS6 hood and airbox. Once i got it straightened out and was put in G2, there were no less than 3 cars in that class that had the same hood/airbox and a set of aftermarket wheels like i did, that were 93-95's (they said if my car was a 96 it wouldnt have been a problem going in modified from the beginning) so obviously different tech judges were following different guidlines and i got an **** tech judge...i would have been so outclassed in heavy custom, it wouldn't have even been funny

truthfully my car was borderline between modified and heavy modified because i have 5-6 mods (whether you count the ram airbox and hood as 1 mod or 2) but still nowhere near the 16+ mods that puts you in heavy custom.

There is a tech line rule that if the car has a custom paint job--it is automatically in M class. A few years ago a guy had a flag painted on his hood--with no other mods and he was put in MM.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop

I have been to the show so many times --I get guys who have teched my car before--but the ask "Do you have 16 mods?" My reply is yes--from the front bumped to the intake!

If you are in heavy custom you can mod all you want.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

There is a tech line rule that if the car has a custom paint job--it is automatically in M class. A few years ago a guy had a flag painted on his hood--with no other mods and he was put in MM.
That guy with just the flag hood, is "SUNSET01TA" on here.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried to get them to put me in the stock class but they wouldn't go for it....

Old 08-29-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well custom paint i guess i can understand... they tried to get me on the body mods thing which was more about modiftying the body itself like filling in the license plate outline on the bumper on LS1 cars and making it appear blended in, but i think they said they are going to revise the rules because adding a stock WS6 hood really doesnt make a car equal to other cars in heavy custom (thats what the head judge told me) so hopefully in the future no one will have that problem, but i still think i just got the wrong tech judge who put me in there because of the 2 or 3 other cars with the same mod that didnt get thrown in there.

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 08-29-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fabgmc4me
That guy with just the flag hood, is "SUNSET01TA" on here.

Yes that was my firehawk with less then 900 miles on it.
I stood no chance in that class.
But a ton of people looked and took pictures.
I talked to so many people that year.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sunset01TA
Yes that was my firehawk with less then 900 miles on it.
I stood no chance in that class.
But a ton of people looked and took pictures.
I talked to so many people that year.
I thought that was a cool idea--but puting you inthat class was not right.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
I tried to get them to put me in the stock class but they wouldn't go for it....

SMART#^S
Old 08-29-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Must be the rims? I'll trade you a set of stock ones and maybe that will get you in? Just don't open your hood.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

hey guy's , i heard the judging was terrible ..and the bad thing is that alot of people that go won't go back unless things change .. i dealt with that sort of thing at super chevy last year in bristol tn..here's two pic's of a friends car that was there over the weekend , sorry there small i got them from some pics i found online , but i'm sure those that were there remember it ...he didn't place ..

i hate when judges kinda judge a car .. i dont mind being beat by a better car , but when the car that wins has a cracked front air-dam from last year and missing paint ... my friend like many others drove along ways , from sc ..he felt ripped after winning 2nd last year and making the car even better this year ..
Old 08-29-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauty99SS
hey guy's , i heard the judging was terrible ..and the bad thing is that alot of people that go won't go back unless things change .. i dealt with that sort of thing at super chevy last year in bristol tn..here's two pic's of a friends car that was there over the weekend , sorry there small i got them from some pics i found online , but i'm sure those that were there remember it ...he didn't place ..

i hate when judges kinda judge a car .. i dont mind being beat by a better car , but when the car that wins has a cracked front air-dam from last year and missing paint ... my friend like many others drove along ways , from sc ..he felt ripped after winning 2nd last year and making the car even better this year ..
I met your friend Friday morning and we talked quite along time about our mutal (I believe) admiration of each others cars. His car was absolutly flawless....and perfect example of a ultra high quality no expense spared show car. If there was a better modded 3rd gen in the show field I didnt see it.

Here are some better pics:

Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats terrys car. That was one of my favorites also. Bruce at Hawks 3rd gen built it to perfection.

Alex
Old 08-30-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

both very good friends of mine ..Terry was kinda at a loss for words ..and thanks for the better pic's 97ramsst , he'll like that and the kind words and comp's
Old 08-30-2008, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I met your friend Friday morning and we talked quite along time about our mutal (I believe) admiration of each others cars. His car was absolutly flawless....and perfect example of a ultra high quality no expense spared show car. If there was a better modded 3rd gen in the show field I didnt see it.

Here are some better pics:

That car was slick---I talked to them about the seats since I might replace mine.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Regular

Myself and Alex worked on getting Terry's car ready right until 11 am when the judging started, that was was flawless and ready for 1st. And the he didn't even place!!! Not sure what happened there, but there was a lot of that going on. There was a black 1st Gen in Alex's class, N, and it was a Foose built car, perfect in every way, didn't even place?
Old 08-30-2008, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RPM Mark
Myself and Alex worked on getting Terry's car ready right until 11 am when the judging started, that was was flawless and ready for 1st. And the he didn't even place!!! Not sure what happened there, but there was a lot of that going on. There was a black 1st Gen in Alex's class, N, and it was a Foose built car, perfect in every way, didn't even place?
The Blackbird vert with the Foose rims?
Old 08-30-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RPM Mark
he told me about you guys .. said he was sweat'n his *** off and you all came over and helped him out and brought him something cold to drink ..he thought that was great.. just keep talking about how nice everyone was

Quick Reply: 2008 Trans am Nationals, Dayton OH