Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Question on vfn wide sunoco hood.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question on vfn wide sunoco hood.

I want to buy the wide sunoco hood that is extended to the cowl. On there site it does not say wether the hood is a bolt or pin on hood, or if it is available in both forms. I would like a bolt on hood but its ok if pinning it on is the only way due to the extension to the cowl.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think its pin on but i could be wrong
Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28adiction
I want to buy the wide sunoco hood that is extended to the cowl. On there site it does not say wether the hood is a bolt or pin on hood, or if it is available in both forms. I would like a bolt on hood but its ok if pinning it on is the only way due to the extension to the cowl.
The "extended sunoco" hood travels all the way to the glass and is a pin on only.

The "wide sunoco" hood is the same but it stops a little before the glass so that you can use your wipers. It comes in a bolt on or pin on version.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for your help i guess that ill be pinning the hood on lol. i just think that it extended to the cowl looks much meaner and flows with the lines of the car better. i appreciate your help.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:19 PM
10 Second Club

Do a search for the "wide sunoco hood" and check that out. I ordered this one a few weeks ago instead of the "extended sunoco" because 1: My windsheild wipers can still be used in full function. 2: it came in a bolt on version as well. 3: it was the same height and width as the "extended sunoco" so i got everything i wanted with the "wide sunoco".

Both are bad *** hoods,just telling you what i was looking at from my angle.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
Do a search for the "wide sunoco hood" and check that out. I ordered this one a few weeks ago instead of the "extended sunoco" because 1: My windsheild wipers can still be used in full function. 2: it came in a bolt on version as well. 3: it was the same height and width as the "extended sunoco" so i got everything i wanted with the "wide sunoco".

Both are bad *** hoods,just telling you what i was looking at from my angle.
yea i understand what you are saying, i just think the extension to the windshield gives it a way more aggressive look. Since the look of camaros are long, the normal wide sunoco just seems to stubby. My car is just to take out just to go have fun toy so loosing my wipers doesnt bother me bc it doenst ever see rain.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28adiction
yea i understand what you are saying, i just think the extension to the windshield gives it a way more aggressive look. Since the look of camaros are long, the normal wide sunoco just seems to stubby. My car is just to take out just to go have fun toy so loosing my wipers doesnt bother me bc it doenst ever see rain.
Yeah i was not that big on the wide sunoco until a local guy sent me some pictures and i had to have it. Same deminsions as the extended so that did it for me and i had to have it.

Throw up some pictures when you get the extended hood on.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
Yeah i was not that big on the wide sunoco until a local guy sent me some pictures and i had to have it. Same deminsions as the extended so that did it for me and i had to have it.

Throw up some pictures when you get the extended hood on.
I deff will but it wont be for a while. i dont plan on getting that hood until i need it to clear my high rise victor jr, for my twin turbo build. But need to save the cash first. Right now for the time being i am just going to spray a 100 shot of a vindicator cam. Im just putting on my ss spoiler and billet black grille and some touch up stuff done on the car this year as far as looks are concerned.

Quick Reply: Question on vfn wide sunoco hood.