Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Help prz ; ; Trans Am down

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help prz ; ; Trans Am down

Monday 2/15/10 I got hit by a Acura DX(sedan thingy) and well she hit my driver rear side and spun me 180 degree's. her insurance has to pay for the damages thankfully, but I do not know where to go, my limit for travel is 150~ miles away from Los Banos, Ca (93635). I want to get her fixed perfect, she is an 02 SOM WS6, my friends dad and I just finished fixing every little leak in her and now...
Pictures of me car ; ;
Main Impact Spot

Bumper

Door panel is splitting off the door

Driver Rear Honeycomb light
Old 02-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Would anyone happen to know a great place that can do a perfect job on her, I love her ;.; as weird as it may sound, but i saved up since i was a little youngin for her n got her in july, i kept my grades up so insurance wouldn't b as bad. I want to bring her back to her glory
Old 02-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Teching In

bump
Old 02-19-2010, 01:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

none of your pictures work.

but good luck with everything. be glad you're okay, and that you got hit by someone who actually has insurance to pay for everything. coulda been a lot worse.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

pics are removed?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:21 AM
TECH Resident

I saw them before they were down. Pretty bad. Driver quarter looked like crumpled aluminum, rear bumper was fucked, tail light wasted, rear wheel sideways. A Lot of damage, defiantly enough to total it. Looked like a clean SOM WS6 too..
Old 02-19-2010, 10:33 AM
12 Second Club

That sucks man hope you get her fixed
Old 02-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Teching In

sorry i'll fix em plz forgive me

Old 02-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Teching In

atm trying to find some pictures of it when i bought it, but hard to find any without the bra, I bought it with the bra on but i took it off really quick =X
Old 02-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Teching In

The first day i owned it ^.^

can't find any without the bra atm =X trying to tho
Old 02-20-2010, 01:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

oh man. thats bad. i got chills once i scrolled down and saw that first one.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Teching In

Before the wreck, no one ever believed me when i told them the mileage >.< 120,411
I think she is going to bonanders pontiac in Turlock for a little bit though and i hope they treat her the way i do ;.;
Old 02-20-2010, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well just to give you a heads up, I only see the one pic and sorry bro.

I just had my WS6 hit back in November when I was back home and was rear ended while at a red light. Guy hit me doing around 25-30mph. Needless to say it is still in the bodyshop and the estimate to fix it so far is just a hair below $6000. My hatch is cracked also, creased the rear quarter panel, rear bumber and entire brakelight panel is smashed out. Car wasn't hit directly from behind but catty-cornered on the passenger side. It pushed the entire passenge side forward which is the big problem. It sounds like you have more damage than me, and sounds like it will get totaled out. So be ready to buy it back. I'm sorry to hear your luck bro and that really sucks.

If it doesn't get totaled out, TAKE PICTURES OF IT AS YOU DROP IT OFF. I did. That way you have a reference. If a scratch or something shows up after the fact, you have proof that it wasn't there in the first place as they recieved it. Good Luck fella.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:15 AM
Teching In

weird, oh n well the estimates guy came she isn't getting totalled thankfully, but so far they gave me a check for 5k for what the guy could see, and watever is found at Bonander's Pontiac will b added which is nice. This is some of the things the guy listed : New driver side quarter panel, passenger quarter panel is getting repaired, bumper is getting replaced, door panel is being reglued on, the hatch is being repaired, spoiler is going to b remounted(woots keeping my taws6 spoiler), everything is getting touched up and clear-coated, the leaks are goin to be determined then fixed, body lines are spose to b realigned, front bumper getting remounted, and anything else the insurance guy(he was nice to me unlike other agents and wasn't acting it out he understood f-bodies and loves em, and seemed quite happy to write the check to start off the work) and i could not find are going to fixed and paid for by All-State. So all in all i am quite happy knowing she shall be restored to her glory.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice bro, you where the one who got hit so the other insurance company is responsable for all damages.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Well they picked her up yesterday and are taking her to courtesy cadillac in merced, time to hope for the best
Old 02-24-2010, 12:26 AM

It will definitely get totalled out. Although my car is v6 I took my camaro a 1998 to the shop today I had a big 4-door 1-ton chevrolet pickup back into my car in the front corner slighty slicing open the fender, destroying headlight, and bending up hood, and scratching bumper. Something as simple sounding as mine is going to cost in upper half of 3,000 dollars. If you have rear end damage I can almost 100 percent guarantee you it will be considered totalled. Rear end damage is very difficult to repair correctly.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Well my dad talked to the owner and he said "Hmmm, well my o my what a shiny car laid upon me" He told me it will be 100%, he also has a few showcars also and he said this car prolly has one of the most straightest lines from factory almost everything was perfect in some previous pics, and then went on, an said "normally would take me a week, but this isn't a normal car, she is going to take about 3-4 weeks and the insurance is going to owe bout 2k more to them" my dad said okee doke and said as long as it is perfect we can wait, and then they proceeded to talk about harley's. i think on friday i'mma go to merced and meet the guy and thank him ahead of time
Old 02-25-2010, 04:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

glad your ok, but the chrome wheels and bra made me cringe just as bad as the accident pics.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Teching In

i dont have the bra on i took it off first day, but atm i cant find pics of it without >.< and i want to get rid of the rims they dont go with the car and they are ******* HEAVY... i still have the black covers on the eyes tho i like it and i think it is a lil unique looks like eye liner, but in 3 weeks she is spose to b done so i'll post some new pics when she is rdy

Quick Reply: Help prz ; ; Trans Am down