Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

roll on paint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is the main difference.. someone who professionally paints cars knows how much of a pita it is to fix something like this and make it back to a factory finish after someone uses non recommended repair procedures. and what happens more often than that is someone does some shade tree body work and half *** paint work and then sells the car and someone else gets stuck fixing it. If you want to paint your car with rustolium paint have at it, but its a direct insult to someone who meticulously fixes a car back to oem spec or show quality shine, to say that a roll on paint job is just as good.i have seen plenty of pictures that make paint work look amazing, i can guarentee that job when looked at by a professional is not acceptable at these "high priced body shops". on a side note..rustolium paint has oil in it that makes it nearly impossible to paint any other paint over it so make sure you stay with it forever. Save your money and have it done right the first time.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TechCam97
Never say never bro..... After three years it looks pretty shiny to me....

I didnt say i would last, it would just be alot of work to keep it shiny unless it is garage kept and never in the elements!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by redspeed3tk
here is the main difference.. someone who professionally paints cars knows how much of a pita it is to fix something like this and make it back to a factory finish after someone uses non recommended repair procedures. and what happens more often than that is someone does some shade tree body work and half *** paint work and then sells the car and someone else gets stuck fixing it. If you want to paint your car with rustolium paint have at it, but its a direct insult to someone who meticulously fixes a car back to oem spec or show quality shine, to say that a roll on paint job is just as good.i have seen plenty of pictures that make paint work look amazing, i can guarentee that job when looked at by a professional is not acceptable at these "high priced body shops". on a side note..rustolium paint has oil in it that makes it nearly impossible to paint any other paint over it so make sure you stay with it forever. Save your money and have it done right the first time.

Even if someone has to repaint their car over a weekend every year to keep it looking top notch, it would take 30 years (if we're talking about about a $3,000 repaint) to break even with a higher priced paint job over this one. No one's talking about painting Lambos or Vipers. If you have an old daily driver or a drag car that's going to get the paint covered in crap and messed up anyways, I see no problem with using this method. It's cheap, it's effective, it lasts, and it's easily repairable. Chill out with the hate.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ReggieWarrenJr
I didnt say i would last, it would just be alot of work to keep it shiny unless it is garage kept and never in the elements!!!
Go check that dude's website. It clearly states he's only waxed it three times in the three years he's had it. And it sits outside....and is daily driven....and the shine still looks that good.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go check that dude's website. It clearly states he's only waxed it three times in the three years he's had it. And it sits outside....and is daily driven....and the shine still looks that good.
HAHAHA
Old 06-27-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackWS666
HAHAHA
Old 06-27-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

When some one makes a outrageous claim that his single stage paint has been perfect for 3 years being daily driven, with no upkeep, AND SITTING OUTSIDE IN THE ELEMENTS. Its really really hard to not call bullshit.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackWS666
When some one makes a outrageous claim that his single stage paint has been perfect for 3 years being daily driven, with no upkeep, AND SITTING OUTSIDE IN THE ELEMENTS. Its really really hard to not call bullshit.
No one claimed perfection. He said it kept its shine nicely with not much maintenance. He washed it regularly and waxed it once a year. Of course there are chips from rocks and such. He even mentioned having a horrible red stain from some bird crap where he had to wet sand and re-polish the area to get it out. For the price it's not a bad alternative. I'm going to drop some cash on getting my 99 repainted, but it's not my daily driver anymore and it's going to have a garage to sleep in once I buy my new house in a few months. I want a good quality paint job for her. If I had a project car that was a drag car or a car that would take a lot of abuse then this would be a great alternative over the initial investment in a BC/CC setup.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

well the paint is pretty well dry. i fitted the bumper back on yesterday. i still havent wet sanded. im thinking of just taking the stripes off for now, it might look better without them until i get them replaced in a few months. looks kinda stupid without the rest being on there.
i want to do something about my hood and get freedom design spoiler to go on the back. then im gonna get the stripes redone.
Attached Thumbnails roll on paint?-100_1484-small-.jpg   roll on paint?-100_1486-small-.jpg   roll on paint?-100_1487-small-.jpg  
Old 06-27-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

congrats for trying! turned out pretty good. I'm surprised the rustoleum white is such a close match to the arctic white.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by merim123
congrats for trying! turned out pretty good. I'm surprised the rustoleum white is such a close match to the arctic white.
yeah it is a close match. in broad daylight you cant tell the difference. before i even started i tested it by wiping a bit of the rustoleum white onto my bumper, let it dry, then compared it to the factory arctic white.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Launching!

i find that hard to believe... even top notch single stage paints dont last, let alone rustoleum that is what, around $20-$30 a gallon? they dont have any UV protection so if they sit in the sun the finish going to dull
Old 06-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For better or for worse, you can tell that these cars have reached a certain point in their lifespan when a roll on paintjob becomes a viable option.

Step aside, Fox chassis Mustang...
Old 06-28-2010, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^

Quick Reply: roll on paint?