Smashed 99 Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cnd99hawk
no half fasting
It's half assing.

When you talk to your insurance agent, make sure you inform them about what a firehawk is and stuff.

I've heard about agents that cut some slack on a car they were gonna write off once they get told about something special about the car. Cause all they will initially see is it's just a regular firebird trans am.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great
Old 05-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSkull

When you talk to your insurance agent, make sure you inform them about what a firehawk is and stuff.

I've heard about agents that cut some slack on a car they were gonna write off once they get told about something special about the car. Cause all they will initially see is it's just a regular firebird trans am.
Well a couple days before I found out they were going to fix it. I told him how much the car mean't to me, informed him that it was a "numbered car", and reminded him of how low the mileage was (22,500 miles). He just kinda listened to what I had to say and that was about it. He didn't give any inclination that what I told him, made him change his mind about fixing it. Then I found out a couple days later that they were going to fix it. He said "due to the car being maintained to such a high standard and mileage of the car, were going to fix it."

Also, on the flip side of the coin...

At the time, out of my own curiosity, I asked that if they were to write it off what are my options and what would be the process. Seems to be quite different that what I read in the States...

A) They would write the car off
B) Insurance company owns the car and I CANNOT recover it or buy it back under a salvage title or whatever, like a lot of you guys can. I don't know why but the adjuster said its the policy of the insurance company to do it like that. I didn't ask any futher, but I believe the cars are taken to the scapper and crushed.
C) The insurance company would find another Firehawk, with similar mileage and condition in my area and work around the average selling price. No black book value B.S. BTW I paid 20K CAD for my hawk with 17,400 miles on it. A lot of folks from the states say I got ripped off, but TBH low mileage 4th gens go from anywhere from 15-25 k here in Canada. So I would have been able to get similar dollar value and just go and purchase another one.

Quick Reply: Smashed 99 Hawk