Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

ZR1 Theme on a 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can understand where your coming from. But, with the luck I've had with things, I have just normally went with buying "new" as buying used. I do wish the best of luck to you on your build though. I will be looking to subscribe when the build thread begins.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bj350hp
Do this with some more ZR1 style touches

http://www.lsxtv.com/forum/mission-i...ered-2809.html

I really like this camaro. Possibly paint the hood scoop white?
Old 01-15-2011, 11:33 PM
TECH Junkie

^ It looks decent yeah but all in all, it looks like a plain camaro to me with added paint and new style ZR1 wheels. Now don't get me wrong on the car in whole cause I do know whats under that hood but IMHO, they could have done a better job on the car than that of the pic. I may be wrong by saying that cause maybe that are not 100% done with the car but before putting it up on stuff like LSXTV and what not, I would have done a little more work to it as far as the apperence.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
^ It looks decent yeah but all in all, it looks like a plain camaro to me with added paint and new style ZR1 wheels. Now don't get me wrong on the car in whole cause I do know whats under that hood but IMHO, they could have done a better job on the car than that of the pic. I may be wrong by saying that cause maybe that are not 100% done with the car but before putting it up on stuff like LSXTV and what not, I would have done a little more work to it as far as the apperence.
i definitely agree. every time i see that pic i always think that something doesnt look right. i like the idea but i woulda went with chrome rims and painted the sail panel and roof black imo.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LE35thSS
i definitely agree. every time i see that pic i always think that something doesnt look right. i like the idea but i woulda went with chrome rims and painted the sail panel and roof black imo.
It's not the wheels IMHO cause I never have really cared for those wheels to begin with. It's just they could have done more with the car other than slap a bigger motor in it, wheels, a roll cage, and probably a couple other things here and there. I mean the wheels could look good if they went and done other things the car as a whole. I personally don't even like how they have the LS9 emblems below the crease in the fender. If they would spend time on forums and other sites to see what WE are really doing and would like to see and go from there, then they might have a better looking car.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i agree with you.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
If they would spend time on forums and other sites to see what WE are really doing and would like to see and go from there, then they might have a better looking car.
I would agree but I think the car looks good and it's not what everyone else is doing. Almost everyone does the same thing to these cars and it just gets boring. Everytime I see a camaro thread it's almost always people saying "get an ss spoiler, berger panel, tinted tails and different grille". I think the ls9 camaro looks good though I think a ttop car would've looked a little better, but I still like it.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbinesurgeon
Been thinking more about the idea, and this is how I'm planning to do the hood. This Z/28 hood is all fiberglass, so will be easier to modify for an insert than my stock steel one. Fit the insert over the engine, paint the raised portion of the hood black with the rest being hugger orange with the car. Maybe even add some back lighting that can be turned on with the hood closed, should show off my engine rather nicely.
I really like that hood with the idea of the the vette window... it will definetly be a good eye catcher...
Personal preferance speaking, I wouldnt have one black spot on the car, instead I would run one stripe or even a twin stripes, tip to tail of the car... Though that probobly means it'll sterio type other camaros... nevermind you dont like to do common things... lol

Originally Posted by turbinesurgeon
This idea is for the exhaust tips.....

I would do it by having the 2 pipes that usually exit seperatly feed into a larger chamber, then weld up 8 corvette exhaust tips to the chamber. It would let me have a 4-5" exhaust set-up, but hide it with what will look like 8 seperate pipes.
I understand your idea... your running standered 3" pipes from the engine to this chamber in the back and then from the chamber you run a pipe to 8 individual tips... Interesting...
I like the idea but not the layout you made, mabye if you split them up like 4 on one side and 4 on the other... I dont know, just my two cents...

Good luck with your build T, Im look forward to seeing the aftermath of your project...
Old 01-21-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

add t-tops, dick harrell type wide body, wider wheels. Like the color, and the wheel style though.

Quick Reply: ZR1 Theme on a 4th gen