Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Sagging front bumper.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sagging front bumper.

Yesterday I spent roughly 2 hours adjusting my hood and headlamps so the lines matched on each side and were closer without hitting the hood and I am very happy how it came out but the front bumper still has a gap that I can stick my pinky into and it is bothering me. I noticed the three plastic rivets at the very front, between the two headlamps, were basically just keeping it from sagging more as I could easily pull up on the bumper and they just moved around. I am thinking I can take those out and use bolts and tighten them down so that I can pull the bumper up, and it will stay put. All thoughts on this subject are appreciated and I will try to post some pics later tonight to show the issue.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Is it like this? My car has it too and I picked up a part today I think can fix the problem. I 'll post pics of it tomorrow.

From the looks of it, Its pretty much the only thing that holds the bumper so it matches the lines with the hood.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, and considering my hood is a ws6 look alike it obviously wouldn't be perfect with the existing body like a real ws6 would. As great as my hood looks, minus the imperfections, it is only adjustable on the drivers side bracket . This was my first time adjusting body parts, and it was fun considering it looks much better besides the damn bumper.

Disclaimer: Yes I know my car is dirty, it also rains pollen here, when its not actually raining, so it would stay clean for about 5 hours and just be dirty again.

Way too much room considering the tight body lines I want. Also one of the three rivets are visible in this picture to the left of my finger.

Driver's side is worse than the passenger, as I can't get my pinky finger all the way in on the passenger side. With bolts, and some crafty tightening, I would have some adjustability compared to those shitty little rivets.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Is it like this? My car has it too and I picked up a part today I think can fix the problem. I 'll post pics of it tomorrow.

From the looks of it, Its pretty much the only thing that holds the bumper so it matches the lines with the hood.
Yeah seems like that is the same problem I am having. This idea should work, and worst case scenario I will have three shiny bolts instead of that ugly plastic.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Teching In

I am very happy that you have brought this up. My '94 Z has the same issue with the front bumper where there is a noticably larger gap between the top of the bumper and the hood. It is one of the few flaws on the car and has always bugged me. Definately get some pics up when your done with it.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm gonna snag a few bolts tonight and work on it tomorrow before work, hopefully this will help some people out, maybe a sticky if this works?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Forgot to grab bolts last night, hopefully tomorrow night me and my friend will work on this. Also I'm thinking a little modification might be needed, as in notching out the rivet holes a little bit to have some more adjustability. Hoping this works. *crossing my fingers*
Old 04-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Teching In

You may need to wedge something under the piece where it bolts down. I don't think just pulling it back will be enough. Let me know how it turns out
Old 04-29-2011, 02:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the advice, was hoping more people would chime in about this.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Teching In

Any updates?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

bad_408_vert, your hood is way off. it's too far back

Quick Reply: Sagging front bumper.