Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Pewter - Keep it or lose it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pewter's great. I'd keep it.

Makes you stick out less.

However, I cannot say my car is Pewter. Paint code says "Pewter", however it's truly SSM and I love it. I realized that when I was getting touch up paint and "GM Pewter" was more gold-ish looking. I don't know how some manufacturer's can label 9,000 colors the same name when in reality there are so many different shades through the years and vehicles. There's no "set" color code that matches each one.

So, in terms of individuality, no Pewter's are the same. I like that. Plus, it looks clean even when it's dirty, and looks amazing when cleaned up. (Blackfire Wet Diamond) Not to mention, it won't fade like darker colors.

If I was to repaint, there's no other obvious choice than Hugger Orange. Not worth a full repaint cost though, unfortunately.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please mount those wheel on the pewter they are the same ones i plan to buy and would really like to see them mounted.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Launching!

the wheels i posted a picture of are not the wheels i bought. i bought 18x10.5 c5 dd all the way around. i posted that pic because that is how i am going to paint them eventually. gunmetal center with black lip. i will def post pics though when i get them.

-matt
Old 10-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Launching!

well pewter stays for now!! got these mounted on car yesterday.

-matt
Old 10-08-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice wheels man, they looks awesome. And you may have already decided, but I also say PEWTER. At first I was gonna buy a black one but then I saw one that was pewter and never looked at the black one again.

Quick Reply: Pewter - Keep it or lose it?