Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

mulling over new color choice WS6

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 12:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mulling over new color choice WS6

99 ws6, black. Clear coat is fading on the hood

Always liked the dark blues, thinking long and hard about those but don't have any good examples to go off. If you have some good pictures of blues with the name/code for it that would be awesome
Never even thought about having an orange car, but that atomic orange on the new vettes

Opinions?

Atomic Orange
Old 06-28-2011, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

I think you should do the Atomic Orange! I haven't seen an FBody in that color yet.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

check out new car colors , what about the z06 carbon color , its a blue .
Old 06-28-2011, 08:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

http://www.carsession.com/news/image...Z06-Carbon.jpg

supersonic blue
Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Teching In

I like the Orange personally
Old 06-28-2011, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd say go with a classic Pontiac color - like how the Gen I & II Vipers guys painting their cars Plum Crazy Purple - in your case, I like the early 70's Atoll Blue. Its medium to dark blue in most light but in the direct sun, its got a aqua, almost green, hue

http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/14/
Old 06-28-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

Majik blue pearl from house of kolor.can't do pics from my phone or aleast I haven't figured out how to anyway.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

Just remembered if you go to my pics in my profile the top color on the caprice I did for my buddy is magic blue pearl,it pops pretty nice in the sun also,only bad thing is it takes 4-6 coats to cover.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrws6speed
I think you should do the Atomic Orange! I haven't seen an FBody in that color yet.
That's part of why it's so appealing to me, not just the atomic orange but orange in general doesn't seem common

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
I was looking at one of those earlier. There's a guy on here just repainted his and it's the blue I'd be going for, if not slightly darker. Name of thread is "got keyed and egged" sorry should have got the link but it's been a long day

Originally Posted by VinR1
I'd say go with a classic Pontiac color - like how the Gen I & II Vipers guys painting their cars Plum Crazy Purple - in your case, I like the early 70's Atoll Blue. Its medium to dark blue in most light but in the direct sun, its got a aqua, almost green, hue

http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/14/
Purple is the last color I would go for, other than pink I'll have to look up the atoll thou

Originally Posted by SinisterZ28
Just remembered if you go to my pics in my profile the top color on the caprice I did for my buddy is magic blue pearl,it pops pretty nice in the sun also,only bad thing is it takes 4-6 coats to cover.
Seems a little too purple for my tastes, but it may look alot better in the sun?

The one down side of the orange is it's screaming "Hey cop look at me!" But then again it says "Hey ladies look at me " LOL

I've got plenty of time to decide gotta get new wheels and tires first, figuring out something that will look good with the other colors also

Another question, my sail panels and ttop center are starting to look all faded/splotchy.. Can I just sand, paint and clear these? Or are they some weird material that requires special attention?

Quick Reply: mulling over new color choice WS6