Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

My neighbors play bumper cars. (Quarter panel damage)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My neighbors play bumper cars. (Quarter panel damage)

I park my '02 WS6 on the street outside my house in north Seattle, the same place I park my Z28 and my roommates park all their cars.

Last Sunday (one week ago) I came out to find someone had sort of sideswiped it, breaking the passenger mirror and rubbing down the edge of the door and quarter panel. No paint damage, but a couple small dings. They didn't leave any information. Frustrated, I moved it to a new spot -- one I thought would offer more protection from idiot Washington drivers.

Exactly one week later, while I was out, it seems someone decided to go and make their addition in completely f**king up my quarter panel. (Photo below.) It's bizarre that, of all the cars on the street, it happens to be mine, and in the same location on the car, one week apart. Correct me if I'm wrong, but "pewter" isn't synonymous for "invisible," is it?

There are no words that can describe the teeming rage inside of me. Or the bitter disappointment. Something of both, I guess. I have no insurance on this car, as I'm trying to sell it, and not driving it. (Who wants to buy a WS6 with f**ked sheet metal??)

Better yet, I have a potential buyer coming to look at it tomorrow afternoon. He knows about the first "rub" from last week...but what's he gonna say when seeing this?!

Any idea what a repair would cost for something like this? I need the car gone, so I will have to drop my asking price.
Attached Thumbnails My neighbors play bumper cars. (Quarter panel damage)-imag0053-copy.jpg  
Old 10-10-2011, 03:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will get more for it than it costs to fix it if you fix it first.

I would fix it then sell it.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:22 AM
10 Second Club

Fix then sell. It sucks but Maybe you insurance... nevermind. I'd find the bastard and whoop his ***. For all you know it was the person buying the car that did it. I'd find them,
Old 10-10-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Resident

Should Record with camera outside to see who is doing it. That Quarter is Welded on. Mine got Tapped at back part of quarter they wanted 630$ to fix it.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
You will get more for it than it costs to fix it if you fix it first.
Yeah, I figured as much. However, I can't afford the $1500 it's going to cost to have this repaired. I mean, one of the reasons I'm selling it is to pay off some debts.

Originally Posted by 1996firebirdformula
That Quarter is Welded on. Mine got Tapped at back part of quarter they wanted 630$ to fix it.
Yeah, mine is up by the jamb, which is what I'm worried about. At least you can get to the back part of the quarter to hammer it out from inside, eh? FML. Well, for what it's worth, they didn't touch the door... Ugh.

Last edited by eighty_six; 10-10-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Got the quote today: $1640.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to bust your *****...but why not just have comp on the car, instead of dropping insurance completely?

Even after you sell a car, unless you have a BOS someone could come after you if there's an accident when the new owner is driving away, or trailering it. Just a heads up for you.

I'd fix the issue. As, a guy isn't going to offer you near what you were asking with that kind of damage.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

whoops just saw damage estimate. ouch
Old 10-11-2011, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

jeez if that was me I would have my eyes peeled out for cars with damage on that street!!!!!!

Although now i think of it its prob a truck or suv with a steel bumper

Quick Reply: My neighbors play bumper cars. (Quarter panel damage)