Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Someone Left Turned in Front of me. RIP Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BSmiff
Doesnt look too bad at all. I got a 94 T/A and Im in Coronado. Did that T/A youre getting the front end off of have exhaust on it? I need the cats and catback.
Appears the exhaust was stripped from all of the ones I found at the lot man.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:43 AM
TECH Resident

Wow looks great OP ... How much did you get all the parts for?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by iTh3 Riddler
Appears the exhaust was stripped from all of the ones I found at the lot man.
Its all good man. I was contemplating just buying the muffler I want and getting a custom catback built but I know it will sound like **** with the stock manifolds.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camaroboy14
Wow looks great OP ... How much did you get all the parts for?
Around $230. Would of been cheaper but I bought extra stuff from the salvage yard incase we found extra stuff that was broken which we did. Still had left overs tho.

Now I just gotta go around and do paint estimates. I upgraded my fog lights in the process as well since the old ones were destroyed.

All an all it took my whole Sunday but it was a rather eventful day.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldn't you wait until they tell you how much the buyback cost will be? I just got rear-ended in my v6 bird and waiting to find out what there offer is and how much it will be to buy it back before I start fixing it. Are they giving you a salvage title?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mike171562
Shouldn't you wait until they tell you how much the buyback cost will be? I just got rear-ended in my v6 bird and waiting to find out what there offer is and how much it will be to buy it back before I start fixing it. Are they giving you a salvage title?
I don't know if there insurance is even gonna pay and probably wont know for a month and if I can fix my car cheap which I did I am not gonna wait around they already inspected and took pictures. They probably wouldn't even total it for what I am spending to fix it. Your damage may be a lot worse idk they told me I can fix it while waiting for outcome
Old 11-28-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is totaled but still driveable, I would just be afraid you get it all fixed up and they try to pull some **** about not letting you buy it back or wanting too much to buy it back now that its all fixed up.

Because technically I believe if they write you a check for a total loss, the car belongs to the insurance company and they don't have to sell it back to you. I could be wrong
Old 11-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Teching In

/\/\

Correct. If they give you money for it, usually you have 24 to 48 hours to clear personal belongings out and then whatever is in the car, is theirs. Including mods....I've had a few friends who wrecked their car and went back later to pull some stuff off, like CAI and reinstall the stocker, and they weren't allowed to.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Well simple. Deny check. Like I said it isn't costing me much to fix. I am more worried about getting it back on the road then money. I have money. If I get check then awesome.

Would actually be cheaper for the insurance company to write a check using my receipts then it would be to write a check for total loss which can be discussed in settlement. Live in san diego, low mileage, fair market value for total loss would cost them more then just covering true cost. Your situation definitely different.

Last edited by iTh3 Riddler; 11-28-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Man 230 is awsome IMO ! Wow great job in saving! Sucks that it happened
Old 11-28-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Front end looks good. Where you goin for paint? I honestly just need my whole car clay barred but Im not confident doing it myself.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Front end looks good. Where you goin for paint? I honestly just need my whole car clay barred but Im not confident doing it myself.
Clay barred...as in just wash? Dude that **** is easy and produces great results. Get a Mother's kit, do it. You won't regret it.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Not sure where I am gonna get it painted. I am probably going to wait till I know if the insurance claim is denied or not to paint because it would be nice to paint my whole car if they wrote me a check. I plan on going to get estimates tho so I know how much I have to spend it the insurance company doesn't pay for anything. I would hate to get it painted and then find out I could have used that money plus what they give me for a custom paint job
Old 11-28-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** man that sucks. hopefull this wont turn into "another one bites the dust" thread without the amazing revival that that 70mph burnout nbm z28 had. good luck keep us updated
Old 11-28-2011, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 14k
**** man that sucks. hopefull this wont turn into "another one bites the dust" thread without the amazing revival that that 70mph burnout nbm z28 had. good luck keep us updated
Check page 2. Has already been fixed. Waiting to see outcome of claim before I paint.

Quick Reply: Someone Left Turned in Front of me. RIP Trans Am