Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Someone Left Turned in Front of me. RIP Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone Left Turned in Front of me. RIP Trans Am

Friday was an terrible lunch break. On my way home my car got wrecked. What happened is when I had pulled up to a stop sign the cars on the cross street went and then it was my turn so me and the car on the opposite side took our turn going straight. Unfortunately the car in the turn decided he wanted to try and make the turn before letting me threw and I had no time to stop and ultimately his scion tc got taken away on a tow truck. Now I know left turners must yield to all oncoming traffic going straight before turning to avoid hazards. Hoping his company pays up. I know its going to be a total loss so if they cover it I will probably buy it back and sell all the parts. Only has 81,000 miles. Still runs perfect but body damage estimates are threw the roof to fix hood, both fenders, bumper, foam absorber, whole entire headlight mount and assembly and god knows what else. What a shame.

Last edited by iTh3 Riddler; 11-20-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hear. Glad you are alright

if you part out was it a t56?
Old 11-20-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's a damn shame...glad your ok though!
Old 11-20-2011, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 3.8redbird
sorry to hear. Glad you are alright

if you part out was it a t56?
Yup T56. Sucks it happens. Just hope the company actually finds there driver at fault and gives me money to cover my loss.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you decide to buy it back I may be interested in all of the T56 setup.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 3.8redbird
If you decide to buy it back I may be interested in all of the T56 setup.
Will keep that in mind. No clue how long this process is going to take tho
Old 11-20-2011, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well hey man if theres no major body damage underneat you would be able to put it back together cheep, estimates are based on new parts prices, but I once bought a ENTIRE FRONT of a camaro for 600 bucks out of a junk yard bascily they cut the car in half and sold me everything. you could get parts out of the junk yard cheep and possibly in the same color. dont give up yet see what frame damage if any there is first. looks like the worst you may need is a bumper support and maybe have a few things tweaked.

when you get the estimate see what the the estimate would be to just fix the underneath stuff and then you get all the parts and put the fenders and hood and headlight back together
Old 11-20-2011, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

and truthfully the hood is fixable, little fiberglas work is all
Old 11-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Launching!

sorry to hear man...just had a guy take my bird out of commission too.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 82cetuner
well hey man if theres no major body damage underneat you would be able to put it back together cheep, estimates are based on new parts prices, but I once bought a ENTIRE FRONT of a camaro for 600 bucks out of a junk yard bascily they cut the car in half and sold me everything. you could get parts out of the junk yard cheep and possibly in the same color. dont give up yet see what frame damage if any there is first. looks like the worst you may need is a bumper support and maybe have a few things tweaked.

when you get the estimate see what the the estimate would be to just fix the underneath stuff and then you get all the parts and put the fenders and hood and headlight back together
Yeah I hear ya. I am waiting to find out if there insurance company is going to cover it or not first. Hopefully they will settle and give me a check and I can buy it back and determine what I want to do from there. Definitely going to need to pay a visit to the junk yard tho see if I can find a whole front end for cheap. If they settle tho I may just part everything out and upgrade as planned. If they don't cover it tho I am kinda just screwed. Liability insurance definitely has that one big con.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:23 AM
10 Second Club

yeah i would say its going to be hard to get their insurence to pay since you were the one turning I had the same issue a bitch ran into my while she was stopped and letting people turn and then when I turned she stomped the gass and hit me and cracked my bumper she was on her cell phone and also a teenager and new driver, was definetly her fault but I ended up having to pay my deductable and claim it on my insurence.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iTh3 Riddler
Will keep that in mind. No clue how long this process is going to take tho
Mine didn't take too long at all, a few weeks and I was done. It was very clear who was at fault though...but the insurance company wanted a hell of a lot of money for the wrecked vehicle too.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

That looks very very fixable
Old 11-20-2011, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

My 2000 Z28 got 3700 in damage and they didn't total it. My car booked for 5900 on Kbb with 120000 miles. If they do total it buy it back and fix it. A local body shop and the insurance adjuster told me that most of the time on older cars they won't mess with the title when they total them. They're no way I'd junk it with only 81k on it.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

that sucks man. glad you're ok. with that low of miles if its structurally ok i'd try to fix it.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Man I am so so sorry OP !! Good to hear ur ok !! Keep your head up things will get better , and work out for u !
Old 11-20-2011, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 82cetuner
yeah i would say its going to be hard to get their insurence to pay since you were the one turning I had the same issue a bitch ran into my while she was stopped and letting people turn and then when I turned she stomped the gass and hit me and cracked my bumper she was on her cell phone and also a teenager and new driver, was definetly her fault but I ended up having to pay my deductable and claim it on my insurence.
I was going straight. I must have not explained it correctly. He left turned out in front of me. Making him at fault
Old 11-20-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

If i was you i would buy it back and fix it yourself , Where are you located ? if you happen to part the car out ? Sorry to see this happen to any bird
Old 11-20-2011, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ocala93TA
If i was you i would buy it back and fix it yourself , Where are you located ? if you happen to part the car out ? Sorry to see this happen to any bird
I live in San Diego. I plan on going down to Ecology to see if they have a full front end for a bird 93-02 and see what kind of prices I could get. I would hate to have to resort to parting it out too. Still waiting to see what happens with the insurance company. I know someone was selling a bird with no motor and shuff in Los Angeles for $700 that I could easily use the whole front end off of and part that one out after I am done. Deciding what course to take. I don't want to just write it off if I don't have too but lacking money if insurance company doesn't pay up.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where is this ecology place in san diego? i need some parts as well

Quick Reply: Someone Left Turned in Front of me. RIP Trans Am