Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Re-Painting my T/A

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@op yes that's the color I was talking about. Blue led accents look great regardless of exterior color but whitefaced overlays would make it even better. I know for a fact that there is a picture of a snakeskin green T/A and I think it has C5 z06 rims...I get home in 15 minutes ill get some pics...
Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Medium Blue Metallic

My painter refuses to paint the car Hugger Orange or any shade of green
I dunno what you are talking about. You asked me what I thought of Hugger Orange and I didn't like the idea on a TA. You thought the same thing. You never talked to me about any green colors. I love Snakeskin green. I'd paint your car that color if you wanted that.

Last edited by HotWhipT/A; 07-03-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ACR vipers have a black or dark grey wheel on them so maybe google "snakeskin green ACR" and see what pops on images.

If you think a Camaro is limited on custom wheel choices you should see how thin the Viper choices are. You might also check out the Viper Club of America forums for pics of Ssg cars and see what wheels they are running.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Snakeskin Green on Z06 rims:

Midnight Pearl:

Voodoo Blue:

Deep Blue Pearl:

Supersonic Blue Metallic:

Velocity Yellow:

Jetstream Blue Metallic

I wish I could paint my car any of these colors
Old 07-02-2012, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that Snakeskin green really POPS!. that superconic blue metallic aint too bad either or the jetstream
Old 07-02-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TyCZ28
Damn that Snakeskin green really POPS!. that superconic blue metallic aint too bad either or the jetstream
yeah i like the supersonic, its subtle but nice. blue looks great on T/A's but that Snakeskin green is the **** if you ask me
Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

And to clarify he didnt "refuse" to paint it any color but the color thats on his car. He did say that Hugger orange would look gross and nobody else in our group liked the idea.... He suggested to stick to blue since we wouldn't be removing my interior or spraying under the car green. not sure if that would really matter or not... Looks like we are going to go Tour de France blue (ferarri) or Viper light blue. ill continue posting pics in here as progress is made... front bumper, doors, and quarters are being repaired and primered first so ill post up some shots of that.

does anyone in here have any experience painting a car apart? we were going to tear it down all the way to the unibody and then paint the hatch, wing, fenders, doors, and bumpers separately and then shoot the rest including engine bay and jambs all at once... as long as everything is level as it would sit on the car and sprayed in the same direction there should be any issues should there?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And to clarify he didnt "refuse" to paint it any color but the color thats on his car. He did say that Hugger orange would look gross and nobody else in our group liked the idea.... He suggested to stick to blue since we wouldn't be removing my interior or spraying under the car green. not sure if that would really matter or not... Looks like we are going to go Tour de France blue (ferarri) or Viper light blue. ill continue posting pics in here as progress is made... front bumper, doors, and quarters are being repaired and primered first so ill post up some shots of that.

does anyone in here have any experience painting a car apart? we were going to tear it down all the way to the unibody and then paint the hatch, wing, fenders, doors, and bumpers separately and then shoot the rest including engine bay and jambs all at once... as long as everything is level as it would sit on the car and sprayed in the same direction there should be any issues should there?
not unless they are mixed with different ratio's. if you get say a gallon of the paint you shouldn't have issues but if you are combining paints to make that color then you have to be dead on with the mixing. other than that you shouldn't have issues. I'm painting my camaro in a similar way except I'm leaving the doors and hatch on it
Old 07-03-2012, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Gotcha on the Hugger thing. Of all the colors you posted I like the Deep Blue Pearl the most. I'm not a fan of the Zr1 Jetstream Blue.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by jay7199
I think thats the painter, so thats awkward.
Yeah HotWhipT/A is the one painting the car so i defiantly cant use GTS blue or any shade similar to his.
That's crazy, I didn't even notice.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Viper light blue?
Old 07-03-2012, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

I didn't say you could use MY photoshop boy!

Original pic for reference...

Old 07-03-2012, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Looks like we are going with Blu Tour De France! Photoshop doesn't do it justice. Its gunna look like sex.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

HEY now dont be hostile.. i didnt take credit for it... simply posted it up as an example.. but the tour de france blue is deff the winner
Old 07-03-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

but the tour de france blue is deff the winner
Old 07-03-2012, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hotwhip finally gets to see a f-body in that color haha. From the actually ferrari picture it looked a lot like NBM but the photoshop makes it look really nice.

Can't wait to see how this comes out!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stevesfbody
Hotwhip finally gets to see a f-body in that color haha.

Right.. and if it ends up too much like NBM ill still like it. My car needs some love in the Paint and Body dept. anyways.

As of now this is how she sits (with the exception of a PlastiDip'd WS6 hood)

Old 07-16-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Ok i know this is a commonly asked question but i know about it already i just want your thoughts on this.. My 00 T/A has 109k miles on it and has been outside its entire life in the Texas heat.. As you know im about to color change the car. Im concerned about the sail panel but mine isnt bubbling,peeling, or even changing colors anywhere for that matter. Is it possible the prev owner had the GM replacement done? and if it hasnt bubbled up yet should i worry about it? its not like im in NY or something... its gets F***ing hot in texas and i figured if the sail hasnt messed up yet its either been replaced. or wont mess up? thoughts
Old 07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Mods:
Antenna shaved
De-badged and moldings removed
WS6 Hood

front bumper was only sanded through to the plastic were there were spider-web cracks. all cracks have been sanded out to were they are no longer visible... should make them less likely to return in the future.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

IN PRIMER! now to align everything and fix the little stuff thats left.. and decide on a color of course.

Quick Reply: Re-Painting my T/A