Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure will! Good luck though
Old 08-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad to see your going with the blue...i think it will look great.

keep us posted on the progress.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
On the first page, I posted a Ferrari 458 and 2 links to their photo albums.

When I click those links, I get the following message:
Originally Posted by Facebook
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Return home
Old 08-20-2012, 01:46 AM
TECH Resident

well car STILL isnt painted.. majorly underestimated the amount of prep work was needed to get car in final stages for paint... have to finish the jambs tomorrow and bottom of the hood and then wipe everything down one last time with grey scotch-brite before cleaning and painting everything. Pics up tomorrow after the base is laid down (HOPEFULLY!)

I will say this.. after all the freakin work Eric and I have into this car.. A: i am NEVER GOING TO SELL IT... and B: I will NEVER do bodywork on a car again lol...
Old 08-20-2012, 02:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
When I click those links, I get the following message:
I got the same message....strange. I can view them on the regular way of getting to the album, but I know what page its on and where the albums are.

Go to https://www.facebook.com/AtxMrDetail/photos

Then click see more at the bottom 5 times to get more albums to load. You'll see 2 blue Ferrari 458's albums. One has 7 pics, the other 11. The one with 11 has nicer photos.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Extreme weight reduction?? Because Racecar!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

Old 08-21-2012, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^haha
Old 08-22-2012, 04:29 PM
TECH Resident

So far a few minor issues with the paint.... the primer in the engine bay had a bad chemical reaction with the basecoat in like 2 areas so it bubbled up. and there are 1 or 2 runs in the door jambs (not visible at least) and then a few minor things that just happen... 1 or 2 areas were Fuc**ng flies landed in the sealer so theres a rough spot... most of everything should be able to be wetsanded out.. the engine bay idk about.. i might have to redo it later on, or cover the bad area with a sticker... ill post some pics here later. =/
Old 08-22-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TyCZ28
So far a few minor issues with the paint.... the primer in the engine bay had a bad chemical reaction with the basecoat in like 2 areas so it bubbled up. and there are 1 or 2 runs in the door jambs (not visible at least) and then a few minor things that just happen... 1 or 2 areas were Fuc**ng flies landed in the sealer so theres a rough spot... most of everything should be able to be wetsanded out.. the engine bay idk about.. i might have to redo it later on, or cover the bad area with a sticker... ill post some pics here later. =/
can't be all that bad
Old 08-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TyCZ28
... 1 or 2 areas were Fuc**ng flies landed in the sealer so theres a rough spot... =/
a friend of mine flips cars. sometimes he takes them to maaco. he showed me a paint job they done where a swarm of mosquitoes or gnats got embedded in the drivers side door. it was about a foot in diameter and no, it didnt buff out
Old 08-23-2012, 04:01 AM
TECH Resident

basecoats having a bad reaction with the sealer on the bumpers and fenders.. not sure about the rest of the car.. they have clear on thm already and the base was sprayed immediatly after the sealer soo im not sure... ive lost all motivation and this has just made me sick... prolly gonna sell the car as is or part it out. i dont even wanna look at it anymore..
Old 08-23-2012, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

So heres how it sits now.. car was taken completely apart to be resprayed. it had its own headaches but with the exception of the back bumper everything turned out good. it will need wetsanding and polishing to remove some trash and orange peel but otherwise its good.

im going to assemble everything tomorrow and take the rear bumper to my friend to have him strip it and respray it.. the rest of the plastics turned out ok since i personally scuffed up the sealer with 600 grit scotch brite in all the nooks n crannies. the rear bumper was done by my father and he didnt scuff the CETA groove too well so the sealer was glossy in there... the only other minor issues were i guess when i put the tape lines i forgot to BackTape some of them and the paint stuck to the tape but all of these areas were in areas that will never be seen (bahing the bumper and ablut 3" up on the backs of the door were its covered by at least an inch or 2 of door panel.. i sprayed 3M adhesive along all the paint lines twice so that should melt the edges in and keep anything from peeling later on. will post updates

Last edited by TyCZ28; 08-23-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's gonna look great
Old 08-23-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sucks to see it getting put forsale...
Old 08-23-2012, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

EDITED.

im gonna keep it.. i was able to save everything i thought was bad, the paint lines peeled a little but i used 1000 grit sandpaper to knock down the sharpness of them and coated all the tapeline ends with 3M adhesive spray to keep them from peeling up there. the back bumper is F**Ked its going to have to be stripped down and resprayed. might just not do the CETA and just use PlastiDip after the clear coat has hardened... less chances for a messup. also car needs ALOT of wetsanding to get the trash out, and the paint is kinda orange peely, not as bad as ive seen but def bad enough for me to not be proud to own the car. its getting assembled and should be wetsanded by sunday.. i have no timeframe for the back bumper... stay tuned
Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

some wetsanding... need to finish putting it together and finish wetsanding and polish.. the back bumper has issues too so i need to respray it... damn dry time was 4x longer than it should have been

figured out the problem with the paint adhesion problem... so the inside of the garage were i painted it was cooler than outside obviously, then it rained the entire week before i sprayed it.. resulting in it taking a week for the paint and clear to be cured and dry enough to be handled safely
Old 09-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Any updates? Love the color.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Car is MIA... guy showed up with 8k and i couldnt say no... soo im on the hunt for my new toy.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

What a jip.... LOL

Quick Reply: Re-Painting my T/A