Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Ghost bird on a WSQ hood?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ghost bird on a WSQ hood?

Thinkin bout a ghost bird in the hood? Black car and a flat black bird in hood or something? Seen some checkered flags kinda faded into a black hood and I like it. Anyone done a bird? What else looks good on black hood? Fixing to buy a car and swap hood. Need black car inspiration!!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StreetGliderX
Thinkin bout a ghost bird in the hood? Black car and a flat black bird in hood or something? Seen some checkered flags kinda faded into a black hood and I like it. Anyone done a bird? What else looks good on black hood? Fixing to buy a car and swap hood. Need black car inspiration!!
Usually not a fan of the hood bird on these cars but not going to lie a flat black bird on a black hood I think would probably look pretty sick. If you are looking for subtle accents then I would do flat black stuff on the black car. Personally I love the combination. Flat black stripes would look sweet too.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

It sounds like a real kick *** idea... and i love the WSQ hoods. I just wonder it will look too busy with a bird on those hoods. On a sleak beak, definelty. On a hood with that many contours I just dont know.... but if you do it in vinal you can always just take it off...
Old 07-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

I don't care much for checkered flags on cars. I think they look cheesy. However, I would LOVE to see a matte black bird on a black hood. I think it would be sick.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Well the car I'm thinkin of buying has the smooth formula good but TA wing and front clip. Could you get a TA without ram air?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StreetGliderX
Well the car I'm thinkin of buying has the smooth formula good but TA wing and front clip. Could you get a TA without ram air?
Yes, TA's only got the ram air hood if they got the WS6 Package (Ram air hood and upgraded sport suspension).

Here is a bird on a hood with allot of contours. I know yours will be diffrent (flat black on black). FYI

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-splitter.html
Old 07-24-2013, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think if its more of a retro style bird it would look cool, I'm not big on that Mecham bird. I think the concept is sound though.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know its not what you're asking for specifically... but I had a guy air brush this on when I had my car painted.

Also, showcases the Corvette DRL mod as well
Old 07-28-2013, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys yeah I'm thinkin it's gonna happen. I need to buy a car tho. I just ain't found the deal I'm hoping for. When I do I'm gonna build a real nice semi daily car. I want it to look good and put about 450 to the wheels and ill be satisfied

Quick Reply: Ghost bird on a WSQ hood?