Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

FAST 102 Make over

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So none of you guys used any high temp products? I'm about to paint my ls6 intake and from reading I think I'll use duplicolor adhesive promoter, duplicolor gray filler primer, and duplicolor hyper silver/clear. None of these are high temp and I'm wondering if any fade/yellowing would occur from it? I plan on doing a lot of sanding, will this give this process bring out a glassy silver finish?

Thanks

Last edited by brady07; 06-20-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:49 PM
Staging Lane

very very very nice sir. Great job ... FirebirdMuscle's intake is quite good as well. Keep it up.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brady07
So none of you guys used any high temp products? I'm about to paint my ls6 intake and from reading I think I'll use duplicolor adhesive promoter, duplicolor gray filler primer, and duplicolor hyper silver/clear. None of these are high temp and I'm wondering if any fade/yellowing would occur from it? I plan on doing a lot of sanding, will this give this process bring out a glassy silver finish?

Thanks
I have my steps listed above.

But I used Bulldog adhesive promoter. Duplicolor primer. PPG paint and Clear.

to get the finish that you want, you can either use a lot of clear or you can sand down the intake and use filling primer and then paint and clear after.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stuinkuwait
very very very nice sir. Great job ... FirebirdMuscle's intake is quite good as well. Keep it up.
thanks man. appreciate it.

Quick Reply: FAST 102 Make over