Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement
View Poll Results: Does your car have roof bubbles?
No bubbles
35.19%
Bubbles fixed under 3/36 warranty
1.05%
GM paid for repairs out of warranty
2.96%
GM paid for part of the repairs out of warranty
1.05%
GM refused to pay for the repairs out of warranty
7.84%
I have bubbles but haven't stopped by the dealership
51.92%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

is your 98-02 f-body roof bubbling?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was reading in a magazine that a product called Fusor No. 120, also known as Fusor No. 127EZ and Goodwrench PN 12345726, could be used to fix the roof bubbling problem without replacing the entire panel. It will supposedly act as a barrier to prevent the glue from coming back through. Anybody have any experience or thoughts on this? It would be a much easier and cheaper repair than replacing the whole panel.

I also started a new thread about this.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
They fixed mine under the rust thru after the 3 year/36,000 was up. Try someone else. I was gonna pay to have it done myself, I didn't complain this much about it.

Did you take it to a dealership here in MD? Also, is that where you bought your car?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Banned

Damn, this is such bullshit. Mine is bubbling pretty bad, I have 108k on the clock and they refuse to pay for ****. Went to Chuck Fairbanks in Lancaster, Tx and they snubbed me after they looked up the mileage. Got home, called GM, said the same thing. I told them "this is an infamous defect in these cars". They still said they could do nothing because of the mileage. Question:

WHAT THE MOTHERFUCK DOES THE MILEAGE HAVE TO DO WITH A ROOF DEFECT?

Thanks GM. I think I will trade my car in for a Terminator now.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

my roof has been painted over, would that automatically void me?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Here is the reply from the autosafety.org web site some one posted

You filed a web complaint with the Center for Auto Safety (which was founded by Ralph Nader and Consumers Union) at autosafety.org on the sail panel glue defect in your Camaro or Firebird. We believe a class action against GM is the best way to get GM to take responsibility for this expensive defect and to help owners like you. The lawyers below have handled several successful class actions against auto companies including reimbursement for Honda Element owners for cracked windshields and Ford owners for defective ignition modules. I urge you to file a complaint on their website about the sail panel defect.

Jeffrey Fazio
Dina Micheletti
Fazio & Micheletti
4900 Hopyard Road
Pleasanton CA 94566
http://www.fazmiclaw.com
Old 10-30-2006, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by merckx
Here is the reply from the autosafety.org web site some one posted

You filed a web complaint with the Center for Auto Safety (which was founded by Ralph Nader and Consumers Union) at autosafety.org on the sail panel glue defect in your Camaro or Firebird. We believe a class action against GM is the best way to get GM to take responsibility for this expensive defect and to help owners like you. The lawyers below have handled several successful class actions against auto companies including reimbursement for Honda Element owners for cracked windshields and Ford owners for defective ignition modules. I urge you to file a complaint on their website about the sail panel defect.

Jeffrey Fazio
Dina Micheletti
Fazio & Micheletti
4900 Hopyard Road
Pleasanton CA 94566
http://www.fazmiclaw.com
You wanna do this? I would like to if everyone else will, is there a partcular format that the e-mail should be in?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

i called my delaer and he says that they probably will fix it and hes gonna call me lol lets see what happens...
Old 10-31-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

So it sounds like if we have a 99 our warranties are up and theres nothing we can do? I went to the dealership today and it didnt sound good.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER
You wanna do this? I would like to if everyone else will, is there a partcular format that the e-mail should be in?

I replied to this e-mail stating what the panel looks like with all the bubbles. I recieved a reply to that e-mail stating that more people involved would help. So reply to it stating what is happening to the panel in detail.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck, if referencing this link doesn't do it, I don't know what will!
Old 10-31-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

took my car to moore pontiac.. they said, to keep me a "happy" customer theyd fix it for $200.. how about kiss my ******* ***.. my car has 41k mileson it and its an 02.. **** this, im going corporate.. whos with me
Old 11-01-2006, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slim0035
I replied to this e-mail stating what the panel looks like with all the bubbles. I recieved a reply to that e-mail stating that more people involved would help. So reply to it stating what is happening to the panel in detail.
Here's what I messaged them. Now more of us need to do the same.

The following form submission was sent.

State of residence: Louisiana
comments: Hello, I'm contacting you in refrence to the "GM 98-02 F-body paint defect" This is a major/common problem among these cars and there are alot of us that are willing to complain. GM refuses to take responsibility for their defect and I am one of many that would like to be compensated. Please refer to this link to better understand how wide spread this problem is. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...7&page=1&pp=20 Thank you for your time.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Here's what I messaged them. Now more of us need to do the same.
So are they going to do this or are they waiting to see how many are involved??,,, Should'nt be difficult to win since they put out a TSB admitting to the defect.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chad2775
So are they going to do this or are they waiting to see how many are involved??,,, Should'nt be difficult to win since they put out a TSB admitting to the defect.
Yeah, we need as many of us to e-mail them as possable. They need to understand that this is a problem that has affected thousands of people.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just sent them a comment and referenced this thread.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Teching In

No I would just email them from http://www.fazmiclaw.com and explain your defect and your car. I wish that there was another way. But it doesnt seem like thats possible. I am not even sure that this will fix any thing for us but maybe it will punish GM for screwing us over.

On another note:

Realizing that previous adhesives were to strong and caused too much out gassing they started this new and improved adhesive on vetts. (JK). (but not that funny if its your roof.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeO56-smgxI&NR
Old 11-01-2006, 04:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by merckx
No I would just email them from http://www.fazmiclaw.com and explain your defect and your car. I wish that there was another way. But it doesnt seem like thats possible. I am not even sure that this will fix any thing for us but maybe it will punish GM for screwing us over.

On another note:

Realizing that previous adhesives were to strong and caused too much out gassing they started this new and improved adhesive on vetts. (JK). (but not that funny if its your roof.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeO56-smgxI&NR
I already emailed them, thanks.

Did that ZO6's roof start coming loose? Is that why they were tearing it the rest of the way off?
Old 11-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Teching In

I already emailed them, thanks.

Did that ZO6's roof start coming loose? Is that why they were tearing it the rest of the way off?
Yup thats what happened it started flapping and they finished the job before it tore free to hit another car. I hear there is a recall on those roofs. suppose you have to recall it when it fly's off the car.

GM had an independent research dept. call me to judge my satisfaction on a scale of 1, to 5 with there service, and my GM product!!!!! LOL @$$ !^@!!!!!! This after I called GM about the roof and they told me no way. I had the operator mark down a 1 the lowest satisfaction poss. on every question but, the last which was "would I recommend a chevy for my family and friends." maybe if it was a convertible other wise F' NO.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joey7489
took my car to moore pontiac.. they said, to keep me a "happy" customer theyd fix it for $200.. how about kiss my ******* ***.. my car has 41k mileson it and its an 02.. **** this, im going corporate.. whos with me
You should have done it for $200. They don't have to fix this for you. It's out of warranty.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Default Bonus

Well, after going to dealer after dealer out of six I found one who would split the cost $450 I left the country for a few days and today went to pick up the F-body and.........N/C absolutely no charge on all parts and labor **** YEA!!!. I really didn't stay around to ask what happened, but they painted my doors too... So I guess I may retract my statement against buying another GM product..maybe. BTW the car is an 01 stripper with 70k+ on the clock. Keep trying, I thought I was going to have to pay half for their **** up.... good luck.

Quick Reply: is your 98-02 f-body roof bubbling?