Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

I was in a wreck last night :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man at least your ok, now you have a friend to rebuild with , since we are doing a 98 style front end on our ta... it will get better!
Old 11-20-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update! They are going to fix the car. I went in today right when the guy was finishing up the forms to send off for parts. He said the total right now is $9,500!!!!! And he said they may have to replace more, they'll just have to wait and see. I guess my car is worth more than I thought. I'll keep you updated with how it goes.
-Chris
Old 11-20-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry to hear........
Old 11-24-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got the check & estimate list of parts & repairs from State Farm today. If anyone would like to see the PAGES of parts that need to be fixed on my car, I can scan them to see what you think.
-Chris
Old 11-24-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just repaired a 98 TA hit the same way in the same, he goes by 'Trust' on this site. His car was more of a front hit though and didnt have the suspension damage.

Your car will be an easy repair.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tuff break man, theres way too many idiots on the road. Look at the bright side, now you can build somthing insane with the insurance money!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:56 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry to hear but at least your getting it back, My buddy is in spring texas goin to UTI for auto body.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

I just hope the tire didnt fold the floor up..
Old 11-25-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

looks like tainteds car.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

GUESS WHAT!!! I got to start her up today for the first time since she's been there!!! Oh damn, it sounded good! I totally forgot how loud my car was and how damn good it sounds. They had her up on this machine and i got to start her up, back her down, and move her to another bay. Damn she was runnin like *** though the brakes need to be bled, the BRAKE light and Service Vehicle lights are both on and the tranny didn't wanna go forward at first, also the battery was dead. I'm guessing this is all just becasue she sat for a long time but damn did she sound mean!
The dealership had one guy working on my car and i didn't like him at all cuz he's been taking FOREVER and seemed like a complete wino. Well luckily he was just fired/left or something cuz this new guy took over last thursday and i've been up there hangin out with him a lot and he is a total car nut. He's been workin on her like crazy and tomorrow we are going over everything and writing down everything i'm not happy with and that still needs to be fixed. I'm so excited now that this guy took over, i'm not worried about my car ending up like crap at all anymore
Plus once I get her back, I have new wheels & tires, and a 3" x-pipe to look forward to!!!

I've been ecstatic all afternoon, i just can't get over THE SOUND!!!!! I havnt heard anything sound that good since i lost her
Old 01-08-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
GUESS WHAT!!! I got to start her up today for the first time since she's been there!!! Oh damn, it sounded good! I totally forgot how loud my car was and how damn good it sounds. They had her up on this machine and i got to start her up, back her down, and move her to another bay. Damn she was runnin like *** though the brakes need to be bled, the BRAKE light and Service Vehicle lights are both on and the tranny didn't wanna go forward at first, also the battery was dead. I'm guessing this is all just becasue she sat for a long time but damn did she sound mean!
The dealership had one guy working on my car and i didn't like him at all cuz he's been taking FOREVER and seemed like a complete wino. Well luckily he was just fired/left or something cuz this new guy took over last thursday and i've been up there hangin out with him a lot and he is a total car nut. He's been workin on her like crazy and tomorrow we are going over everything and writing down everything i'm not happy with and that still needs to be fixed. I'm so excited now that this guy took over, i'm not worried about my car ending up like crap at all anymore
Plus once I get her back, I have new wheels & tires, and a 3" x-pipe to look forward to!!!

I've been ecstatic all afternoon, i just can't get over THE SOUND!!!!! I havnt heard anything sound that good since i lost her
sounds good bro. keep your head and up and she will be running in no time. i hope that it will be good as new for you. BTW did you ever post pics??
Old 01-08-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

sorry to see such a nice car destroyed
Old 01-08-2007, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Good to hear it's not totaled, but dang, $9,500 in damages? What exactly all are they fixing/replacing?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that seems like a lot!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
sounds good bro. keep your head and up and she will be running in no time. i hope that it will be good as new for you. BTW did you ever post pics??
i put a link to pics in my very first post

With the money so far, they have replaced the crossmember, a bunch of suspension stuff in the front left wheel well, replaced the front left wheel, replaced the door, fender, and front bumper, and straightened out the front left. Thats all that guy got done. This new guy has to get a bunch of panels repainted and realigned, add the lines and logo to the door and fender, and whatever else I find that isn't right. I'm sure there is more i cant think of though
Old 01-09-2007, 12:33 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Good to see that you are keeping this updated man...Hope everything works out in the end...
Old 01-13-2007, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

$9500 already? Chances are there will be supplements, as the shop is likely to find more things that need to be replaced as they get further along. I'm actually suprised this wasn't a total loss.

BTW, any insurance company will use reconditioned body parts when they can, not just State Farm. If you want OEM then you will need to pay the difference.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, I'm glad to hear that everything is going well with getting it fixed, but it sounds like there's still a lot to do. Hopefully everything will turn out like new when she's back up and looking good.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i'm hopin so too. they replaced the driver door with a salvage one and it was black too. i was there when he was pluggin it up so he could lower the window so he could pull it out and put in my original window and he found out the door locks and window motor were shot so he had to get all that stuff out of my door. Also my door smashed back into the quarter so he was gettin the quarter all smoothed down and sitting correctly the other day. He had it sent to paint ater that and to my suprise, he had the whole door and whole quarter repainted
Old 01-13-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry about the car but glad it's fixeable. Glad youre ok

Quick Reply: I was in a wreck last night :(