Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

I was in a wreck last night :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man after reading all of this, I am scared to take my car in on monday and have the front end all redone... I hope to hell I don't have your kinda luck. Sorry for your loses. I hope it ends up well with you. I am with State Farm my self. And so far they have done everything really smooth and in a fast time frame.

Lane
Old 01-28-2007, 04:16 AM
12 Second Club

Sorry to hear about that man. It sucks when other people break your stuff.

I don't think it will be totalled. Mine is far worse than that and they are fixing it.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here it is Sunday morning and I couldn't stop reading your posts...it made me sad AND mad!And i'm only reading....you're LIVING it!
Man,my best wish for you is when things are all said and done,you will be PROUD to post pic of your 'bird!!
Keep us posted.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have good news! Well it COULD be good news. I can't remember if I said that I noticed that the engine was over to the left an inch or two. They checked the motor mounts and they are fine so they just slid the airbox over all the way to the left but it still doesn't line up with the TB. Also, the t-tops don't line up at all in the inside. On the front part on the passenger side where it meets the a-pillar, there is a large gap that makes the metal locking bar very visable and theres a gap just like it on the driver side but its where the t-top meets the roof. There are large gaps between the hood and the fenders, and the headlights sit higher than the hood. Also, the passenger 1/4 panel still sits up kinda high and there is a huge gap between the door and it.

So where is the good news? Well, I called State Farm to tell them about all this & said I had pics and everything of what it should look like and they said they are gonna come out again monday or tuesday and probably total it since they just keep having to pour more money into it bc I want everything exact. Also, I've had a rental since mid November and I'm sure that's costing alot.

So this could work out great! I just hope they don't try to lowball me although I'm sure they will. I wonder how much they will let me take off the car? I really wanna get my system out & my embroidered headrests & my lid. I have the stock stereo & lid I could put back. I could do the same with the full exhaust system as I'm sure alot of people on here would go for an almost perfect GMMG system for $350-400. If I'm allowed to do that though, I'd probably just take off the GMMG cuz my FLPs look like they are starting to rust on the bottom where the ceramic coating has worn off anyway. I'll probably leave the cam in and I'm sure i'll have to leave the built tranny & torque converter on.

I already found a 2002 black WS6 just like mine that i'm going to try to get if they total mine. It just has a lid & catback but it has 40k miles which is almost 30k less than mine & it's an M6. I've never had a manual tranny before! That'd be sweet

Wish me luck guys on having them total it! It's gonna suck losing her just cuz she was mine from October 6, 2001 but I really think it's best with all the problems she has.

ps: I found 2 vid clips on my cannon camera of my car from about a year ago

Cold start:
Click here to see Video

Idle while watching planes land:
Click here to see Video

Last edited by jimmypop13; 02-09-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Launching!

If they total it buy it back. My old man is an adjuster for state farm, if they say you cant ask someone else. You can probally get it back for a few k and either resell or part it and make some money. Part it and sell me the ps fender Hoods are too expensive for my blood, 1k on ebay.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats def an option but i just know i'm not gonna be happy with it in the condition they wanna give it back to me in. I really hope they do total it but I'm having a hard time trying to guess if they will or not since they've already dumped 10k into getting it fixed. I don't know why they didn't total it from day 1.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Well I didnt read it all... but if they went that far I'd say they'll fix it. My buddy has an 01 stratus, when wrecked valued at 14k. They spent 13,5 to fix it, just to save 500! This isn't state farm though. Usually they wont go over 80% of car value to repair them. I've seen cars with practically no damage totaled too. I just dont think theres much logic behind some insurance co's choices on what to do.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Teching In

if you are not happy with the repair do not sign the authorization to pay form when you go to pick it up. tell them you do not authorize payment to the repair facility until all your cars issues are correct. that is your right.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow Man That Really Sucks At Least Your Not Hurt Man, Dam Truck Bastards!!:/
Old 02-15-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got my car back today. It is a POS. The headlights are way off aim. The driver window sounds horrible goin up and down and doesn't seal all the way. The passenger door window barely moves for some reason. The passenger turn signal doesn't work & the driver turn signal is like twice as slow as it used to be. The passenger quarter panel isn't lined up at all with the door. The driver door squeaks and sounds like **** when you close it. There are huge gaps all around the headlights and hood. The paint is nasty and foggy looking. They painted over the mouldings on the driver side. The car feels like crap to drive. It just doesn't feel stable. The t-tops aren't lined up AT ALL. The engine is to the left a few inches.
The insurance adjuster is comin out monday. I don't know what I'm gonna do if they don't buy this car from me. It's completely junk now as far as I'm concerned. I hate State Farm!!! The wreck wasn't even my fault and this is how i get treated!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh yeah, I can't even drive it now to my parents house cuz the battery is dead! The week old battery is dead! Something has to be wrong with the alternator cuz even when its running, the battery gauge was sayin like 8 and it slowly started dropping.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow man what a crazy saga you have going.. Do you ahve b4 accident pics and after accident pics? Just curious to see.. Hang in there.. You seem to be a strong person. Good Luck and keep us posted
Old 02-15-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

demand it be totalled due to **** workmanship and diminished value
Old 02-18-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

if u dont want the car, cuz it never will be the same, for sure, just tell them at like 80 miles an hour it does ____ make something up and tell them that you hate it
Old 02-18-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been trying to hang in there but it's soo hard! I don't know how much more of this I can take. I'm meeting with them tomorrow at 8:30am but then I have classes till 3pm so hopefully I can let yall know what happens tomorrow night.

I'm going to demand that they buy this car from me. It feels like a piece of junk. Driving it around that short period i had with it b4 the battery died, I actually felt like I'd rather be driving my rental HHR. WTF!!! And I dont think i'd want to get it up to 80mph! The t-tops would probably take off with the huge gaps they have. I bet the car doesn't even track straight either.

I seriously hope they don't **** around with me tomorrow or i'm going to hire a lawyer because I'm done with them just sending it back for more work. It is POINTLESS! I also really hope I don't have to do that because I need the money fast so I can buy this black 02 WS6 just like mine (but M6) before it gets sold to someone else!
Old 02-18-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
I've been trying to hang in there but it's soo hard! I don't know how much more of this I can take. I'm meeting with them tomorrow at 8:30am but then I have classes till 3pm so hopefully I can let yall know what happens tomorrow night.

I'm going to demand that they buy this car from me. It feels like a piece of junk. Driving it around that short period i had with it b4 the battery died, I actually felt like I'd rather be driving my rental HHR. WTF!!! And I dont think i'd want to get it up to 80mph! The t-tops would probably take off with the huge gaps they have. I bet the car doesn't even track straight either.

I seriously hope they don't **** around with me tomorrow or i'm going to hire a lawyer because I'm done with them just sending it back for more work. It is POINTLESS! I also really hope I don't have to do that because I need the money fast so I can buy this black 02 WS6 just like mine (but M6) before it gets sold to someone else!

Good Luck and keep us informed. Tell then you do not fell safe in the car. Make a list of EVERYTHING WRONG with the car. Take the adjsuter on a drive with you and ask him if he feels safe??? Do what ever you have to do make the guy see your point. Make him feel not safe.

Good Luck
Old 02-19-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

the adjuster told me I had to speak to a task/claim rep because he is just an adjuster. Now I'm waiting on a return phone call. When will this ever end!
Old 02-19-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
the adjuster told me I had to speak to a task/claim rep because he is just an adjuster. Now I'm waiting on a return phone call. When will this ever end!

keep doing what i said
Old 02-22-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

okay well, i said all that stuff but they aren't totalling it. They said they will work more on the t-tops and get all my other problems worked out. I'll just have to wait and see. It seems the crappy drive I had last weekend was because they only had 25psi in the tires, WTF! They fixed most of the stuff I was pissed off about too like they replaced the door again, they repainted the hood where the paint was chipped, the alignment of panels is better, not perfect, but I brought in a bunch of pics of some black WS6's that I found and told them it was mine and they are going to try and match it. The only thing I'm pissed off about now is the paint cuz that dude just can't paint. I've never seen so much orange peel. I'm calling the claim rep soon to okay having the paint work done somewhere else.
But other than that, it is what it is. I'm going for diminished value now that i know they aren't gonna junk it, and if I don't like the car, I'll just have to sell it. It's gonna be a steal for someone if everything gets fixed right, thats for sure. I'm supposed to get it back tomorrow or monday
Old 02-22-2007, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Dude I'm sorry it's gone this way. Seems like accident repairs are a hit and miss deal: some turn out great, others don't. Stand firm and demand a perfect bird. If that doesn't work, it's lawyer time.

Quick Reply: I was in a wreck last night :(