Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

paint job cost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile paint job cost?

I have a 2000 Z28 with the navy blue metallic paint job. Through the years I have encountered numerous rock chips and other typical crap. In addition both of my Z28 emblems were stolen too. Besides the rock chips a few years ago I jacked the car up improperly and flared out my right front quarter panel by an inch. Does anyone know of a good paint body shop in the Houston, TX area that can redo a "good" factory paint job, and how much of a ballpark figure of cost are we talking about here?

Guys I'm talking about a bumper to bumper entire car paint job.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

kind of depends, most higher end shops wont touch a base/clear job for less than $3-4k

Now a production shop, like where i work, we do base/clear jobs starting @ $1800. Another route is instead of goin base/clear u can go with a urethane single stage paint with a top coat clear at about half the cost. The main difference is that the single stage paints are usualy a little darker. But u still get the benefits of the base/clear paint job.

And thats with out body work.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidfre21
kind of depends, most higher end shops wont touch a base/clear job for less than $3-4k

Now a production shop, like where i work, we do base/clear jobs starting @ $1800. Another route is instead of goin base/clear u can go with a urethane single stage paint with a top coat clear at about half the cost. The main difference is that the single stage paints are usualy a little darker. But u still get the benefits of the base/clear paint job.

And thats with out body work.
ya im thinking bout getting single stage on my car (its a white car)
Old 03-13-2007, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gun5
ya im thinking bout getting single stage on my car (its a white car)
any solid colors id definately do single stage, you wont tell any difference really. Just the metalics and pearls differ
Old 03-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Teching In

The cost of a repaint where the car looks like new, and you can’t tell it has been painted, runs $2,500.00 and up. But it still depends on the shop and the paint materials they'll be using..
Old 04-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pierce21
The cost of a repaint where the car looks like new, and you can’t tell it has been painted, runs $2,500.00 and up. But it still depends on the shop and the paint materials they'll be using..
ours start around 4000.00 but aside from the lack of texture and better shine you can't tell it's been painted. I do not recommend a single stage the color will not be darker but the hold out on the base/clear is far better. The clear has a uv protection in it, some more than others and the sun and weather want deteriorate the paint like a single stage.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Case of beer, lol!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:44 AM
Teching In

if you are going to do a solid color a single stage with clear over it you will be better off you will get a better color coverage and with the clear you will get the uv protection you need . you can color sand the single stage color and make it real flat.this is only on solid colors. i would use a good urethane single stage and clear.

thank you
Old 04-12-2007, 01:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Im gettin a pretty deal on my custom paint job that is in progress as we speak and mine is running $3500