Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

My poor car....stinkin 16 yr old neighbor hit my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

just call the cops on her, simple as that. im sure when they talked to her they could tell she was batty.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pictures of somebody or somebody's property (without explicit consent) for a purpose other than evidence = illegal. So if you happen to find pics of your car anywhere that were from her, get the book thrown at her
Old 05-03-2007, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

You need to call the police next time this happens, get it documented, after enough times the police may charge her because they will get tired of her crap as well.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. I only let her take the pics because she is just looney and I was so tired of her arguing with us. I should've called the cops at the time but for sure next time I will. I guess she's forgotten the lady that owns the house that I rent from is a lawyer and she works for a lawyers office. Speaking of that I am anxious to hear what my landlord says about this whole thing since she warned me before about her but I never expected anything like this. Her and her son argue alot and pretty darn loud that I can hear it with the doors closed sometimes. The son is pretty lame too which is what lead me to believe he was driving the car that night. He's been in trouble a few times and hangs out with another kid that went to jail so go figure
Old 05-03-2007, 11:26 AM
SCRWS6

Sorry to hear about all this crap you gotta deal with, why peeps can`t just respect others stuff......you know if it was the other way around she`d have been all over you.....
Old 05-11-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That was a good read, I just got through this thread for the 1st time. Thats unbelievable that the woman never owned up to the damage, and still continues to confront you. I would honestly tell her that you're calling the police next time she even starts to talk to you. Are restraining orders available where you're from? I know where I went to college in PA, they're not, but in CT, they are.

Just a thought. Congrats on getting her insurance company to pay!
Old 05-11-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

throw acid in his face!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
Pictures of somebody or somebody's property (without explicit consent) for a purpose other than evidence = illegal. So if you happen to find pics of your car anywhere that were from her, get the book thrown at her
umm...no. it's not inherently illegal, it all depends on the circumstances.

it's only illegal if the photos are being taken on private property and they have been told not to take photos while on the property. however, the person taking the photos may still legally take photos of the private property, as long as the photos are taken from someplace other than on the private property in question.

taking photos of someone or their property while they are out in public is completely and totally legal, even without their consent, unless there is some type of statute or ordinance prohibiting photography, if they are in a place where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy (like a restroom or dressing room), or unless it is a risk to national security.

take a look at The Photographer’s Right for more information.

obviously, there are going to be circumstances contrary to what is listed in that document, but it is a good general guideline for a photographer (or even any normal person taking photos) to follow when taking photos.

now, taking photos of people and their private property for reasons of making a profit fall under a completely different category, and although they may still take the photos (assuming they have not been told not to take them while on their property, or they are off the property altogether), if they have been told that they may not use the photos for profit, and they do anyway you have a case, and should sue them for all you can.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know all that ^ since I'm a photographer . Latest is this crazy neighbor had the nerve to call the landlord and tell her all about it and she has nothing to do with it. My landlord told me that Kay is crazy, is in everyone's business and told her to leave me alone. As of now we're waiting for her insurance to get back to mine on whether they are denying or admitting. Good news is I have only 2 more weeks and then we're out of there and moving to a place with a garage
Old 05-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Consider asking for a restraining order on her. That way when she gets in your face next time, she is violating the law point blank.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

If you don't have a video camera, I'm sure one of your friends or your boyfriends friends would have one. It would be good to at least get her on camera harassing you. (If it's legal). Assuming you find a camera, you could try holding the camera in her face and asking for permission to record her. Not sure if that would make her more or less upset though. Just an idea.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

She has calmed down now and I believe it's due to my landlord going over and talking with her. We passed her 2-3 times in the front yard/sidewalk...this morning being the latest and she left us alone. I'm glad she has left us alone because I really didnt want this to escalate further. It's ashame it happened . What's even worse now is that yesterday I received a letter from her insurance, Geico saying there wasnt enough evidence to proof she hit the car. Very retarded because even Corky could see it was her car that hit mine

Since they denied damages I have to pay $200 and the insurance will pay the remaining $200 they estimate it's going to cost to repair and repaint the whole bumper. They will still pursue her and try to recover the cost of this repair from her. Since I'm moving I wont have the money to get it fixed for another couple weeks. Luckily I have a great shop that will be doing the work...same place that painted the front bumper.

Thanks everyone for all the kind thoughts, replies and help! Nice to know I have some fbody friends .
Old 05-21-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

And that is why I HATE people AND GEICO. F*ck them all in their *****.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! That was a read and a half... Sorry you have to deal with such shitty people all around (the neighbors AND Geico).

I personally would get a video camera and record the kid driving... Turn that into the cops and their insurance company. It's a way of getting them back (as would bashing their f@cking windows) but NOT doing anything illegal or immoral
Old 05-25-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Why can't your Cannon video tape it?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:53 PM

Sorry to hear, I can't believe you got F*ed by your ins company
Old 05-25-2007, 11:54 PM
12 Second Club

good read at late hours, yes i would go out of my way to make thier lives a bitch for the rest of your time there. video the kid driving alone. then he wont be able to drive until he is 18...or at least thats the law in FL
Old 05-26-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

f#ckin lady, i hate people like that
Old 05-26-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had a relative incident, except for a cop was there when the guy hit me. He watched the whole thing happen. State trooper issued a ticket, his fault. Never sawa dime.

Punk didn't have insurance and I didn't have the heart to send him to jail. He claimed he'd pay out of pocket so long as I didn't send him to jail. Never happened.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:32 AM
TECH Addict

Wow this has been quite an ordeal and sadly I see it all the time. Unfortunately for most people who get hit it ends up just like your case where you have to still pay your deductible because the other person claims they didn't do it and the insurance company doesn't wanna pay either. If this lady gets in your face or starts raising hell again, call the police right away. I am not familiar with the laws in your state but you may either be able to have her arrested for harassment, disorderly conduct or at the very least a warning from the police to stay away which most times works on people and if not if the police have to come back they will be familiar with and may hook her up the second time. Good luck!

Quick Reply: My poor car....stinkin 16 yr old neighbor hit my car