Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

anybodyknow . . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007 | 12:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Default anybodyknow . . .

anyone know of a good paint shop in nor cal? i'm lookin to have my top painted to match my car. let me know if anyone knows of a a good quality shop
Old 05-05-2007 | 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm searching for something in the norcal area as well. I need to paint my ss hood, ss spoiler, cme valance, and front bumper. They're a tad bit darker than the rest of the car, not noticeable from a distance but bugs the **** out of me. I've heard good things about a lot of shops in the area but they all want an arm and an *** for work.
Old 05-05-2007 | 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by King Nothing
anyone know of a good paint shop in nor cal? i'm lookin to have my top painted to match my car. let me know if anyone knows of a a good quality shop
i work at mircle auto painting in modesto, its on the corner of 9th and carver if u wanna swing by sometime... Pretty reasonable. Also might wanna consider having it blended into the quarters to help the match, or u might end up like the guy below whos is off just a little because of the butt match.
Old 05-05-2007 | 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98redM6
I'm searching for something in the norcal area as well. I need to paint my ss hood, ss spoiler, cme valance, and front bumper. They're a tad bit darker than the rest of the car, not noticeable from a distance but bugs the **** out of me. I've heard good things about a lot of shops in the area but they all want an arm and an *** for work.
only way to avoid this happening again is to have everything blended.. which costs more. But same deal as above, i work at mircle auto paint in modesto.
Old 05-06-2007 | 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by davidfre21
i work at mircle auto painting in modesto, its on the corner of 9th and carver if u wanna swing by sometime... Pretty reasonable. Also might wanna consider having it blended into the quarters to help the match, or u might end up like the guy below whos is off just a little because of the butt match.
nice! i know exactly where that is, i'll swing by on tuesday mrning if i can. can i come find you?
Old 05-06-2007 | 05:16 PM
On The Tree

i have the spotted TA that should be out front lol. But ill be in the back working, so tryin to find me isnt gonna do much good.

Ill keep an eye out for ur SS, what color by the way?
Old 05-07-2007 | 11:55 AM
TECH Veteran

this is my SS minus the tint on the side windows

Old 05-07-2007 | 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

where's your crown man? Metallica!

Nice car
Old 05-07-2007 | 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Pretyflywiteguy
where's your crown man? Metallica!

Nice car
you too! i ****** love those rims!
Old 05-08-2007 | 11:45 AM
TECH Veteran

i have the spotted TA that should be out front lol. But ill be in the back working, so tryin to find me isnt gonna do much good.

Ill keep an eye out for ur SS, what color by the way?
dude your TA is hella nice!!! i'm droppin my SS off on monday morning right when the shop opens and damn i got a great estimate!!!!
Old 05-08-2007 | 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

How much?

How about an estimate for hood, front bumper, spoiler? Let me know how your experience goes King Nothing.
Old 05-08-2007 | 08:58 PM
On The Tree

dude your TA is hella nice!!! i'm droppin my SS off on monday morning right when the shop opens and damn i got a great estimate!!!!
lol my TA looks like ****, only thing nice on it are the rims and jambs right now. Maybe monday morning i can show you the jambs. And my boss told me he gave u the buddy discount when i asked about it
Old 05-08-2007 | 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98redM6
How much?

How about an estimate for hood, front bumper, spoiler? Let me know how your experience goes King Nothing.
im pretty sure my boss said $350

For the front bumper and hood, depending on how bad they are, will be a lil more. If your front bumper and hood looked like mine before i fixed them, cracks and covered in rock chips, then its gonna need some extra prep. And then blending into the fenders... expect $500-$700 there and maybe another $100-$150 for the spoiler. Really depends on who u get when u walk in though, all 3 of my bosses will right different amounts for the same work. If you give me a heads up of the day ur gonna come in i can try to put a word in and possibly save you some cash.
Old 05-09-2007 | 01:28 PM
TECH Veteran

lol my TA looks like ****, only thing nice on it are the rims and jambs right now. Maybe monday morning i can show you the jambs. And my boss told me he gave u the buddy discount when i asked about it
yeah tell your boss i said thank you! and tell him i'm bringing my stripes also, i know he said you guys have someone come and do the rally stripping . . . so the tube with the stripes will be in the front seat!!!! thanks again david i really appreciate it and you guys will be the first to know how good it'll look.
Old 05-09-2007 | 11:57 PM
On The Tree

yeah tell your boss i said thank you! and tell him i'm bringing my stripes also, i know he said you guys have someone come and do the rally stripping . . . so the tube with the stripes will be in the front seat!!!! thanks again david i really appreciate it and you guys will be the first to know how good it'll look.
cool, ill remind him u will be swingin by monday morning..

Did you remember to ask about blending the quarters?
Old 05-10-2007 | 08:39 AM
On The Tree

oh yea, you get a chance to check out any of our projects?
Old 05-16-2007 | 07:31 PM
TECH Veteran

oh yea, you get a chance to check out any of our projects?
unfortunately each time i was just gettin off work so i was soo tired i wanted to just go to sleep. the car looks awesome though!!!!! at some point in the next couple months i need to get a new rear bumper, mine is covered in stress fractures. when i get it i'll come by miracle!! i'm postin pics up soon!!!
Old 05-16-2007 | 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let's see.
Old 05-16-2007 | 08:38 PM
On The Tree

unfortunately each time i was just gettin off work so i was soo tired i wanted to just go to sleep. the car looks awesome though!!!!! at some point in the next couple months i need to get a new rear bumper, mine is covered in stress fractures. when i get it i'll come by miracle!! i'm postin pics up soon!!!
w00t, glad youre happy with it. It really looks better with the red top vs the black.

Pretty quick turn around ehh? We actually painted it first the morning you dropped it off.

And with the money you saved from it being a lil cheaper than you thought, you can get your bumper sooner lol
Old 05-16-2007 | 09:32 PM
TECH Veteran

w00t, glad youre happy with it. It really looks better with the red top vs the black.

Pretty quick turn around ehh? We actually painted it first the morning you dropped it off.

And with the money you saved from it being a lil cheaper than you thought, you can get your bumper sooner lol
done fast and looks great!!! it's gonna look great as soon as i get the stripes on the roof and i agree it looks better all red . . . but then again i'm biased thank you again and i'm gonna start talkin to buddies and tell em if they need a good paint job take it to you. my buddy adrian does need his gas tank painted for his honda motorcycle and something else painted. anyway thanks again, i'll post pics up this weekend . . . goin to a f-body gtg in antioch. if interested in takin your bird let me know