Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

1997 ws6 swap to 1998(+) ws6 front end

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1997 ws6 swap to 1998(+) ws6 front end

im sure this has been asked before, but any help would be appreciated. a friend is selling his 97 ws6, and is giving me a really good price. i love the car, but have to admit i like the 98 and on ws6 apperence package alot better. is it possible (and i mean within reason ) to swap the front clip from a 98-02 to the 97? i dont have the money to buy a 98-02 right now, and if it IS possible i would slowly collect the needed parts, eventually getting the look i like. please let me know, thanks,
Old 06-16-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes it is possible but expensive.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

its possible and collection of parts wouldnt be that bad....

bumper cover, both fenders, radiator cross member, headlights w/ motor, hood....

thats all...
Old 06-16-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default clip

I am in the process of doing one right now and the parts can be found. The very one down fall about doing it is to find the parts in your color. I have all the parts but the paint job is what is keeping me from finishing. The parts for the conversion will run you in the $2000.00 range because at this point I am sure you are going to do a WS6 or firehawk. Paint another $2000 I bet.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VendettaV6
its possible and collection of parts wouldnt be that bad....

bumper cover, both fenders, radiator cross member, headlights w/ motor, hood....

thats all...

Front turn signals and rear taillights if you really want to pass it off.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

i did this one my T/A if you do a search for my name and you will see the threads, it has everything you will need. The thing you need to realize is that unless you have a ws6 hood no the 97 you can sell everything but the hood, **** i cant give my stock hood away. But i paid about 1500 total for all my parts roughly, mostly because i found a local guy selling a ws6 hood cheap. And i was able to sell my stock 94 parts for about 1200. The only advantage i have it that i am doing the body work/paint myself. I have a little bit of experience, it wont be perfect by any means but it will be good enough until i take it in for a custom paint job in a year or 2. So i spent around 300-500 on paint, total net loss is around 800 or so. Actually wasnt bad at all, and i love the way it looks way better than the LT1 front end.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by transambandit
i did this one my T/A if you do a search for my name and you will see the threads, it has everything you will need. The thing you need to realize is that unless you have a ws6 hood no the 97 you can sell everything but the hood, **** i cant give my stock hood away. But i paid about 1500 total for all my parts roughly, mostly because i found a local guy selling a ws6 hood cheap. And i was able to sell my stock 94 parts for about 1200. The only advantage i have it that i am doing the body work/paint myself. I have a little bit of experience, it wont be perfect by any means but it will be good enough until i take it in for a custom paint job in a year or 2. So i spent around 300-500 on paint, total net loss is around 800 or so. Actually wasnt bad at all, and i love the way it looks way better than the LT1 front end.
Did you ever do a write up for it? Especially for wiring the headlights and DRLs?

I currently have 2 complete headlight assemblies, radiator support and the metal support that goes behind the impact absorber, waiting to buy more stuff.

Don't you need certain fender brackets too that most people dont know about?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your interested, I have the front bumper, fenders, WS6 hood, ls1 airbox with lid and you dont need a radiator support, everything bolts up. PM if interested.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EdwardL
Did you ever do a write up for it? Especially for wiring the headlights and DRLs?

I currently have 2 complete headlight assemblies, radiator support and the metal support that goes behind the impact absorber, waiting to buy more stuff.

Don't you need certain fender brackets too that most people dont know about?
Headlights are easy, just snip the wires, there is 5 each, 3 of the wires will be the same color so match those up, then you have to guess on the other 2, if i remember the lighter color matches up and the darker color, if they are opposite then when you turn on the headlights they will either work or it will sound like they are going down, that means you have them switched so just switch the last 2 wires and you will be set. Foglights and parking lights will just clip right up no problems.

Quick Reply: 1997 ws6 swap to 1998(+) ws6 front end