Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

New body mods?...Yes or No!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New body mods?...Yes or No!

Just got all of my body work done, only in 1st prime. Tryed alittle some thing difffent with my mods, whislter influenced me w/ his C5 taillights about a year ago and i really liked it so i did his mode. Its alittle diffrent but i think it looks better.
BOdy Mods: shaved bodylines, antenna & handles, nice clean RkSPort body kit molded in, My C5 tailight conversion, custom vette center exhaust. Getting VFN cowl and Wolfe mini tub soon to! Many more to come 2!

Any opinions posititve or Negative on mods would appreciate.
Attached Thumbnails New body mods?...Yes or No!-pauls-scans-003.jpg   New body mods?...Yes or No!-085.jpg   New body mods?...Yes or No!-086.jpg   New body mods?...Yes or No!-087.jpg   New body mods?...Yes or No!-088.jpg  

Old 12-09-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks so cheap, it's not even funny.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

tails are ok deff needs the body line back to make it flow with the bumper lines and the body kit just does'nt flow with the smoothness of a camaro. o and if ur get'n another hood i'll take that ss
Old 12-09-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

def not for me, kudos to you for trying something different but it definetly has a cheap feel to it
Old 12-09-2007, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Question Body lines

Originally Posted by z2fast8
tails are ok deff needs the body line back to make it flow with the bumper lines and the body kit just does'nt flow with the smoothness of a camaro. o and if ur get'n another hood i'll take that ss
Yeah i know about the body lines, it looks to clean and straight down the side for a camaro. I was thinking its to late now to redo the body lines, so i really wanna do the DH wide body kit. Before i primed it i was thinking about it but i dont have access to an english wheel to do the back fenders right now. but if i get the chance i so would and will do some day! I want it to be deffirent but most importantly have people sepect my work and like my car. i dont wanna ruin my z.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not diggin' it. It looks to OMGSKYRINE!!!! for my taste.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I understand you are going for the smooth look, but I actually think the taillights would look better sunk in a bit. They kind of look like an afterthought. The rest of the car looks pretty sweet though.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea that would help just french in the tails bout a half in. if i can find pics of my old s-10 with similar tails frenched into the shaved bed i'll post to give ya on idea. but deff put the body line back in
Old 12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Question Tail lights i will fix

yea that would help just french in the tails bout a half in. if i can find pics of my old s-10 with similar tails frenched into the shaved bed i'll post to give ya on idea. but deff put the body line back in
Yeah i know they need to sit in alittle more. Gunna fix it soon its kinda in a mock up right now and i wanted to get some opinions before i painted it. it was so hard molding the tailights cuz a vette is flat and the camaro has a slight curve to it, plus built the panel all from scratch. i will mold the tail lights in better. as for the body lines. i like the clean look but the bumper body lines filled in might help and so would paint. Gunna be Straight black if i never mentioned.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned

well if you want a honest opinon.it looks to ricey for me.but then again that is what makes cars a good hobby everyone likes different things and thats what keeps it real.so the only thing that matters is do you like it and if yes, forget what everyone else says!
Old 12-10-2007, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Question My Opinion

Originally Posted by platinum1
well if you want a honest opinon.it looks to ricey for me.but then again that is what makes cars a good hobby everyone likes different things and thats what keeps it real.so the only thing that matters is do you like it and if yes, forget what everyone else says!
Yeah i like how its going so far. Was sitting in the shop today looking at it, gunna get new doors and fenders and start by getting the body lines back, it does need the body lines! For christmas im treating my self to a VFN Cowl, Minitub and gunna get some Telstars with Dr's. With the wheels, hood, body lines i think ill be getting closer.

**** rice, ill do wut it takes so all u appriciate it. i hate when people ruin there F-Body.

By the way ur Z looks bad a$$, love the wheels and diggin the Gold!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by millerpa
Yeah i like how its going so far. Was sitting in the shop today looking at it, gunna get new doors and fenders and start by getting the body lines back, it does need the body lines! For christmas im treating my self to a VFN Cowl, Minitub and gunna get some Telstars with Dr's. With the wheels, hood, body lines i think ill be getting closer.

**** rice, ill do wut it takes so all u appriciate it. i hate when people ruin there F-Body.

By the way ur Z looks bad a$$, love the wheels and diggin the Gold!
thanks bro.that is what i have.a vfn hood.they actually fit great for a fiber glass hood!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've seen this car in person and had the chance to run it against my LT1... trithfully these pictures do not give it the best look, it looks 100 times better in person.. i agree with getting the body line back but i think you should keep the hood.. and switch to a SS spoiler to help the rear end have a little shape...
Old 12-10-2007, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BsGreenZ
i've seen this car in person and had the chance to run it against my LT1... trithfully these pictures do not give it the best look, it looks 100 times better in person.. i agree with getting the body line back but i think you should keep the hood.. and switch to a SS spoiler to help the rear end have a little shape...
Yeah thanks Bro. Sorry haven't been up to foco in a while. Dont have a job, and bad roads right now. After Christmas ill be up there again.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wanna part with the SS u could treat me to a christmas gift also
Old 12-10-2007, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Smile Not for free

wanna part with the SS u could treat me to a christmas gift also
Im a poor college student, and i would not give you my car? But if i did have the $$ i would help a friend in need! No prob man! And by the way its not a true SS, its a 2001 V6 5spd to anybody else. paid 1500$ cash. 2500$ cash for totaled but drivable 95,000m 98WS6 Auto. Did the swap my self last Dec.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:16 PM
SCRWS6

EEZ NICE!!! Seriously, Love the work man, I was gonna ask about DH Fenders, specially since you were already working on the body lines, but looks like you covered it...Nice Job, def wanna see some pics when you are done!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Veteran

that just does not look good IMO, BUT props for doing something completely different, i just dont like the whole taillight thing that people mentioned above. and the front end body kit peices are ricey (yes I know they are stock, but they dont look good at all.....IMO

Last edited by Ls1CamaroGuy87; 12-13-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SCRWS6
EEZ NICE!!! Seriously, Love the work man, I was gonna ask about DH Fenders, specially since you were already working on the body lines, but looks like you covered it...Nice Job, def wanna see some pics when you are done!
Thanks man appriciate it. Just trying to figure out wut looks best. Hopefully ill get on the DH fenders soon just not that experienced with that kind of metal work yet. But when there done ill have some info on how to do it, and maybe rear quarters. just a matter of time cuz i love the DH wide body, and when i get an idea i try it! As you can already see.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

did'nt mean ya whole car just want the ss hood hit me up if u wanna sale it

Quick Reply: New body mods?...Yes or No!