Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Rolled My Trans Am Ws6 Need Advice!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rolled My Trans Am Ws6 Need Advice!!!!

Hey Whats Up?? I Am In Florida In Palm Bay And I Rolled My Car Into Ditch. It Busted Out The T-tops And The Drivers Door Window And Bent The Passenger Side Headlight Motor. Man I Got A Ton Of Money Into The Car And Just Had It Lowered. I Also Have Some Headers And Sub Frame Connectors That Were Going To Be Installed This Wednesday. Well Doesn't Look Like Thats Going To Happen. I Talked With A Insurance Phone Adjuster And They Do A Point System For The Damage And Anything Over 25 Points Of Damage They Want To Total The Car. She Said I Have At Least 38 Points So They Will Try To Total My Car. I Said No Way You Did Not Even See The Car. I Know It Can Be Fixed If I Knew Of A Good Body Shop That Does Good Work. The Tow Truck Driver Did Not Know What He Was Doing. I Had To Show Him Where To Put The Chains To Roll The Car Back Over. I Got In The Car And It Started Right Up. So I Am Almost Positive That The Motor And Trans Are Ok. Has Anyone Had A Experience Like This Where Their Trying To Total Your Car Out When You Know The Car Can Be Fixed. I Heard Of People Buying There Car Back After Their Car Has Been Totaled Out. How Does That Work??? The Cop Put That There Is $8,000 Dollars Or More To The Car. I Was Always Under The Impression That They Will Fix Your Car If The Damage Is Less Than The Cars Value. Any Opinions Or Facts That Could Help Me Out With The Adjuster Tomorrow That Is Going To Look At My Car??? Oh Ya Nationwide Does Something That I Never Heard Of. They Want My Permission To Let Them Tow My Car To One Of Their Centers To Review The Damage. Should I Let Them Do That?? Man I Wish I Knew Of A Good Body Shop. I Am Going To Post This Under The Florida Section And See If Anyone Knows Of A Good Body Shop. Any Help From Another Ws6 Car Owner Would Be Great. Thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

hey man sorry to here about your car. I haven't had an experiance like this before but I'll give you my two cents. your car has just rolled over, it is a uni body so it might appear ok , but is probably twisted pretty bad. I dont think I would waste the time or money on that particular car. See what the buy back is from the insurance co., might be affordable. then you can take what ever you want from the original and buy another one that hasn't been wreaked, It would be alot safer. Besides what ever you dont want you can sell. good luck
Old 01-13-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep find out the buy back on it, get it if it's cheap enough and swap everything over to another car. Or part the whole car out and put all the money towards a different model car like a Corvette.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would not let them tow it to one of their locations. Once they have your car it makes it a lot easier for them to call all the shots. I know of several insurance companies that have told people that they would pay a certain amount for their car when it totals. The insurance company then comes and gets the car, a week or so later the check comes and it is less than originally promised. If they do total it make sure that you have the check and you are satisfied with the amount before the car leaves. As far as the value of car vs. repair, it usually is based on a percentage of what the value of the car is as well as what the car will bring at a salvage aution. Some companies will total a car at 60% of the value while some companies will go to 100% of the value. For example: If your car is worth $10,000.00 (with mileage, vehicle condition and options all factored in) and the repair estimate is $6000.00 insurance company A will total it, whereas insurance company B may require an $8 or 10,000 estimate. It is basically a business decision that the insurance company will make in their best interest to minimize their loss. I may have overlooked a few things but I am sure you get the general idea. I work with insurance companies everyday and am wise to a lot of their lowball tactics as to how they screw people out of lots of money all the time. If they didnt they wouldnt be able to afford professional sports stadiums etc. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to shoot me a pm.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A little advice for you --- it is hard to read your post when you capitalize every word. Good luck with your car cause it sounds like it is done.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

+1 on that Ive heard alot of stories about bad scarp happining if your cars towed. I would lean towards buying it back and parting it out. because even if you can get you r car fixed there is still a Good possibility that you'll run into alot of different problems down the road.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

florida does not let you buy your car back that i know of......i think once its totaled its gone. i do not have a hard time beleiving that its totaled, you rolled it, there is so much money in broken **** its not funny. my car was hit on the passengers side and they totaled it, i drove mine home.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by vetman1
I would not let them tow it to one of their locations. Once they have your car it makes it a lot easier for them to call all the shots. I know of several insurance companies that have told people that they would pay a certain amount for their car when it totals. The insurance company then comes and gets the car, a week or so later the check comes and it is less than originally promised. If they do total it make sure that you have the check and you are satisfied with the amount before the car leaves. As far as the value of car vs. repair, it usually is based on a percentage of what the value of the car is as well as what the car will bring at a salvage aution. Some companies will total a car at 60% of the value while some companies will go to 100% of the value. For example: If your car is worth $10,000.00 (with mileage, vehicle condition and options all factored in) and the repair estimate is $6000.00 insurance company A will total it, whereas insurance company B may require an $8 or 10,000 estimate. It is basically a business decision that the insurance company will make in their best interest to minimize their loss. I may have overlooked a few things but I am sure you get the general idea. I work with insurance companies everyday and am wise to a lot of their lowball tactics as to how they screw people out of lots of money all the time. If they didnt they wouldnt be able to afford professional sports stadiums etc. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to shoot me a pm.
agreed on this
Old 01-13-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Post some pics so we can see how bad it is or isnt.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post pics

Quick Reply: Rolled My Trans Am Ws6 Need Advice!!!!