Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Review on U.S. Exotics WS9 Hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whoooooa. lol that was my attemt at humor but, um thanks for the info .. i think. AND yes a sticky would be nice..... i see u.s. exotics ALL over this sight but i cant find thier, his, them, its, whatevers stuff any where (ya or on ebay)..... so someone should definetly clear that up... it is way to common of a subject in the f body world to just have no information on, just to have people get pissed when someone is asking how to find a simple hood. but like i said....thanks for the info, i can only hope that every one else i ecounter from now on in this forum is as helpful as you two.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmmm........who said anyone was pissed? I merely was pointing out again what I said just a few replies earlier. I also have posted recently Roger's phone number and email address for those that wanted it. In fact I'll be seeing Roger soon to do a little work on my hood for me before it gets painted.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Roger doesnt make the Outlaw version anymore. The Outlaw version is 4" I believe. F-Hawk 117 on this board has one as well but it's made by VFN now who has fitament issues with alot of thier hoods.
we do not have fitment issues with alot of our hoods, what happened was the first few made were a little harder to install so we corrected that and made an entirely new mold. end of story

Here's Our New Performance Site
http://performance.vfnfiberglass.com/Shop/index.php
Old 04-28-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

WS9 hood is definitely the best looking for a TA. I'll probably order one from VFN soon
Old 04-28-2008, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

They do look really good and VFN has awesome products!
Old 05-04-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I have to agree with everyone, I met up with Roger earlier today to pick up my WS9 hood and he is a very nice guy and willing to go out of his way to help the customer. The hood is absolutely flawless and he explained how he builds them and how to install and align it in very good detail, offers a lifetime warranty on his products too. I cannot wait to get it put on next weekend then the following it goes in for paint. Another very satisfied customer of Rogers, if anyone was thinking to do business with him do not hesitate you will be very happy with the product. Pics will be up shortly..
Old 05-04-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SD99TA214
whoooooa. lol that was my attemt at humor but, um thanks for the info .. i think. AND yes a sticky would be nice..... i see u.s. exotics ALL over this sight but i cant find thier, his, them, its, whatevers stuff any where (ya or on ebay)..... so someone should definetly clear that up... it is way to common of a subject in the f body world to just have no information on, just to have people get pissed when someone is asking how to find a simple hood. but like i said....thanks for the info, i can only hope that every one else i ecounter from now on in this forum is as helpful as you two.
Roger is not a sponsor. Again, it is up to you to find his info. We will not post it.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
Well I have to agree with everyone, I met up with Roger earlier today to pick up my WS9 hood .
Hmm, he's supposed to be making me one as well. Been waiting like 5 or 6 weeks.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Hmm, he's supposed to be making me one as well. Been waiting like 5 or 6 weeks.
He told me yesterday he is catching up on all his orders, its only him making them and he hand lays it one layer at a time to insure its perfect quality. I first inquired about one like 5 weeks ago also. He doesn't even have any on eBay right now bc he is backed up with so many orders. He did have a SuperHawk hood with him too, the got some big *** nostrilsbut look badass..anyway trust me it is def worth the wait you will not be disappointed when you pick it up.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
He told me yesterday he is catching up on all his orders, its only him making them and he hand lays it one layer at a time to insure its perfect quality. I first inquired about one like 5 weeks ago also. He doesn't even have any on eBay right now bc he is backed up with so many orders. He did have a SuperHawk hood with him too, the got some big *** nostrilsbut look badass..anyway trust me it is def worth the wait you will not be disappointed when you pick it up.
I hope that's my Superhawk! It's been about a month or so I guess. I think ordering at tax return time was a bad idea! Can't wait for mine, I've seen a few of his hoods in person, including Flamingbird's, and they are awesome.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Teching In

Hi,

I ordered one at the end of March, finally got it yesterday. Hood looks fantastic. With a friend's help we got it installed. Still have some issues with driver's side fender and it is slightly off at the front but going to try to get that fixed.

As stated above, he is currently behind on building but he does communicate well.

Now I have to find someone to paint it.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dave....Roger was just here and I asked him about your hood. He said that he's been so busy but should have it done this week or so.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DKITCHEN
I hope that's my Superhawk! It's been about a month or so I guess. I think ordering at tax return time was a bad idea! Can't wait for mine, I've seen a few of his hoods in person, including Flamingbird's, and they are awesome.
yea dave i know what you mean, hopefully he has 2 of them made one for you and one for me. already got the money to get it painted.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

The one he had was for a guy he was meeting right outside of Philly, but the guy never called or showed so I don't know what happened? Don't know how you could not want one of his hoods lol, mine gets painted one week from today, cant friggin wait!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Got mine today. Roger actually delivered it right to my house. Real nice guy. I'll get some pics up later. Hood looks good. Gonna need prep work tho.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:26 PM
11 Second Club

Here's some crude pics:

Last edited by INMY01TA; 05-21-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Default ws9

Sup guys, i'm really interested in getting a ws9 hood.. does anyone know how i can contact roger from u.s exotics. Maybe he has one laying around that he can get rid of quick.. please message me back with any info.
Thanks, Ramiro
Old 05-21-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

He is currently really backed up...sending a PM
Old 05-21-2008, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

You are going to be so happy with this hood, I have it and its awesome!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

I got mine on the car and it fits like poop. Also has lots of bumps, waves in it. Gonna need alot of prep and fit before paint. I'm confident my body guy can take care of these issues tho and it will look awesome.

Quick Reply: Review on U.S. Exotics WS9 Hood