Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Auto Body Repair & Painting in Killeen,TX

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Body Repair & Painting in Killeen,TX

If you ever need any work done on your car...DO NOT go to MIRACLE Paint & Body in Killeen,Texas on FortHood Rd/195....They are really bad THE worst place to go....

I put a SS Center Mount Exhaust system on my car....one of the items, which is a rear valence, goes on my rear bumper...it needed to be treated, hand sanded, mounted, and painted.... I told them to make sure that the valence LOOKED exactly factory...which means that it is OBVIOUS that it is an extra attachment to the bumper...WHICH MEANS SEPERATE FROM THE BUMPER....I told them it WILL have a DIVIDING LINE....showing where the valence meets the bumper....

I pick it up....and WTF DO YOU KNOW!!!! THEY MOLD IT TO THE BUMPER AS ONE "F"ing PIECE.....and not only that....the paint was textured on the sides, rough, NOT SMOOTH...I told him how unhappy I was and he looked like he didn't even give a damn....STUPID DOUCHE BAG!!!! and he even told me...you didn't ask me to do that....I have to go back in and have them wet sand the rear bumper to be free of the imperfections...THEN I will tell him that his business is worthless...since you don't tell the chef your food sucks and have it returned with feces...

Last edited by ninfinity8; 04-11-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Editing title
Old 04-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Teching In

here are some pics...if anyone minds, I would appreciate feedback...I don't have every angle shown. This is just pics to show you what I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails Auto Body Repair & Painting in Killeen,TX-aftertips.jpg   Auto Body Repair & Painting in Killeen,TX-sideview.jpg  
Old 04-12-2008, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it looks great molded together. Can I ask why you wanted it to show as two seperate piecess? I imagine it would be so you can sell it in the future.

But if it's not what you wanted, it's not what you wanted and he should have listened.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

I dont know what you paid for the work, but if you didnt pay to have it molded into the bumper, they just did a shitload of work for free. Either way I think it looks more factory that way as opposed to a piece stuck on with tape. But if its not what you wanted then it looks like you have a good reason to be pissed.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Well...I was just wanting the valence to look like a seperate attachment. I've seen other CMEs and like the defining line between the bumper and the valence...it's actually grown on me now, but I was mostly pissed bc the guy at the paint shop didn't listen to a damn thing I told him(he is the owner btw!). When I told him how upset I was he didn't act like he cared....AND I had to go back the next day to get it wet sanded bc I saw some rough surface areas on some of the bumper in the clear coat.

When I brought it in he acted like he was surprised that I came back after he was the one that told me to come back the next day, and he said,"Well I alot of my good paint guys are off for the day, I guess I'll have to do it, but I'm not very good at it....I said WAIT! If you can't do this I will wait till your best guy is here....he gave me this attitude saying, "I know what I'm doing I own the shop!" anyway...

it came out fine, no rough areas...the paint and labor cost $575.00 btw....so I think I was ripped, bc for what he did AND not listening to what I wanted I think that was overpriced.

I appreciate the feedback guys. Like I said it's grown on me now and I like the thickness the valence gives in the bumper, I'm just glad that what it took to get it done is over.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude, it looks good!
I got to say your braver than I. After spending 4+ years at Hood I would never go to killeen for ANYTHING!!! The only place I went was the olyimpic barber shop out east gate. Id even take my bdu's to cove to get pressed. Nothing good in killeen.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$575 doesn't seem too bad for the amount of work it took to blend that into the bumper. However you got ripped if you were just expecting a paint and mount with double-sided tape. It's not a large piece and didn't need removal so $575 would be crazy just to paint it.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

If you didn't want it that way and then they molded it in and charged you for it you have every right not to be happy. That being said, it does seem like a fair price for the work they did, molding that in and then painting the bumper and blending to match would take some work, but like I said if that wasn't what you were asking for then, yeah, I'd be pissed.

just my .02: If I was doing that setup, that is exactly how I would do it I think it looks cool like that.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

i like it better molded to the car then that gay line
Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
dude, it looks good!
I got to say your braver than I. After spending 4+ years at Hood I would never go to killeen for ANYTHING!!! The only place I went was the olyimpic barber shop out east gate. Id even take my bdu's to cove to get pressed. Nothing good in killeen.
You are so right! Killeen sucks ***.lol and from now on I am only going to the dealership in Houston...Courtesy Chevrolet...they did body work on my last camaro, and made it look factory showroom perfect. No more second hand shops will be touching my car from now on, I'll be paying out the @$$ for dealership work..but at least I'll get better quality....I really appreciate the feedback...it's kindof grown on me now.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSBound
i like it better molded to the car then that gay line
LOL! yeah...I'm used to it now..thanks.

Quick Reply: Auto Body Repair & Painting in Killeen,TX