Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Bad experience with local collision/paint shop.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad experience with local collision/paint shop.

Thought I'd share my experience with a local collision/paint shop named "woodys collision"

In december, My Camaro was involved in an accident, which ended up totalling it. I bought it back from the insurance company and began the repairs. This happened early december. I had the body pannels and parts installed by mid December.. I gave the guy at Woody's collision a call and he said that he should be open around mid january. I thought that was alright.. Didnt expect to get it in right away. So mid January somes around, give woody's a call.. And was told to call back in another week because they were busy. Which then I was told the same thing a week later, and they would try to get me in.. Another week goes by.. Same thing happend, "call back next week".. Can anyone predict what happened the week after that..? And even the week aftter that? To this day, My car still isnt painted, and I've called back every week when they told me to. I thought I was being extremely patient. I was waiting over 4 monthes for the paint job.. So I call them up today, and finally fed up with them.

Me - "Hi, This is Mike with the 94 Camaro that needs to be painted... When will I be able to get it in?"
Lady - "Were very busy right now, Can you call back next week?"
Me - "Can you transfer me to an owner or someone incharge right now?
Lady - "Yeah"
Guy (Owner) - "Hello"
Me - "I've been waiting since december to get my car painted.. and i've been hearing the same thing every week. "call back next week", Can you just set something in the books for me so I can at least plan around when I have to drop my car off?"
Guy - "collision jobs come before paint jobs"
(Even though he told me he could get me in to have my car painted by mid january... THE LATEST!)
Me - "Umm... Then why did you tell me that you could paint my car for me when I called?"
Guy - "Were focused on collision jobs right now.. You'll have to give us a call back in a few weeks"
Me - "Why do you offer a painting service if you wont do it? Its stupid to keep customers waiting for something you wont do. I've been waiting for 4 and a half months to get my car painted.. Because you said you would do it.. And i've been hearing the samething everytime I've called after that."
Guy - "You calling me stupid?"
Me - "If thats what you want to call it.. Then yes. Thats shitty business ethics."
Guy - "Ohhh... Ok."
Me - "You know what.. Dont expect me to ever go to your shop or ever say a good thing about your shop again.. Infact, I'm going to tell everyone my experience with you. And how you treat customers.. And actually reccomend for people not to go there and go to another shop that actually gives a damn about their customers."
(Then I hung up on them)

So right now, I'm looking for a good local body shop... that wont treat potential customers like crap.

- Mike
Old 04-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Have you paid him for the work that's been done soo far? If so, go get your car.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beyond Static
Have you paid him for the work that's been done soo far? If so, go get your car.
No.. havent paid him anything. Just putting me on hold and saying he'll "try to get me in next week".
Old 04-14-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

No offense dude, but you should have tried another shop waaaay before 4 and a half months.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alot of shops prefer to do only collision work. It sounds like they kept you hanging for when they had a slow down of collision work. What price did they quote you for the job? It sounds like they are a very busy shop, that usually is a sign of high quality work. Be careful, don't drop your car off at any shop just because they are willing to start working on it right now. Try to ask around this time and find a shop with a good reputation on customer service AND quality of work.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1-DAN
Alot of shops prefer to do only collision work. It sounds like they kept you hanging for when they had a slow down of collision work. What price did they quote you for the job? It sounds like they are a very busy shop, that usually is a sign of high quality work. Be careful, don't drop your car off at any shop just because they are willing to start working on it right now. Try to ask around this time and find a shop with a good reputation on customer service AND quality of work.
He said $800 for the front bumper, fender, and rear bumper.

(scene of the accident)

New Front bumper

New Front fender.

I'll get a picture of the car how it currently looks later.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Launching!

$800 sounds like a good deal, but not good enough to wait 4 months! It shouldnt take them any longer than 4-5 hours to get the job prepped/painted
Old 04-15-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a very good price.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

if you lived in ga i could do it ..
Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Been asking around and I'm going to take it to a few places tommrow to get some estimates.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

I dont blame you I would be pissed to.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 weeks max start to finish.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like they prefer the higher volume of insurace jobs.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or the money that they insurance will pay right off the batt

Quick Reply: Bad experience with local collision/paint shop.