Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

My First Time

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008 | 05:41 AM
Jme
Teching In

Default My First Time

So I decided i wanted another camaro really bad!!! So i traded my little 91 maxima for a '94 Unfortunately it's a 3.4 V6 But it's a Camaro... Anyway LOL so it had some interesting ... Uhhh... Mods LMAO the paint job is horrible and the hood...Oh God the hood. Well thats what i decided to attempt to fix. and well i thought i would share my first ever body work/ paint job... which I must admit was quite a quick temporary fix... but none the less fun and not horrible. Ill show b4 and after then explain...

Attached Thumbnails My First Time-s5030327.jpg   My First Time-s5030341.jpg   My First Time-s5030344.jpg   My First Time-s5030346.jpg   My First Time-s5030349.jpg  

Last edited by Jme; 04-25-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-25-2008 | 05:56 AM
Jme
Teching In

Default Yeah i said horrible!!!

The FAKE hood scoop was fiberglassed to the stock hood and screwed into it in 4 spots. the painted with a FAKE carbon fiber looking paint. It was starting to come up from the hood so we decided to rip it off...and unscrew it... ...LMAO. The last picture is of the hood right after it was painted. yeah I know not great lighting but listen to this.. we... well mostly I sanded the hood by hand FOREVER after scraping what i think may have been bondo...lots of fiberglass tried some cheap spray filler for where they basically CARVED into the hood, which didn't work that great. (gonna sand it again and bondo it) then heres the funny part. went to good 'ol wal-mart and got some cheap paint for tractors. (NOTE: this was just for a little while i needed the car to look decent for the weekend...as you can tell... it didn't in its previous state.) Didn't think to mix the paint with thiner lol and used a paint gun! was extremely thick and took FOREVER to dry. but not horrible as you can see in the next picture. My first paint job went ok.

Some funny (not at the time however) things that happened during the project:

-While waiting for the filler to dry my friends Husky jumped on the hood!
-RIGHT AFTER i finished painting I was trying to reassure myself that the hood looked ok then a F'ing Moth Dive Bombed the hood. GRRR
-Then while waiting for the hood to dry(forgetting to weigh it down) the tarp blew over onto the hood(yes we painted outside in a carport lmao)
-Then We brought the hood into my friends living room and let it dry there cause it started to rain. Unfortunately i had a class 1hr and a half away and had to leave... in the rain the next day. I hoped it was dry ...enough... and attached it and left. now there is a few tiny dimples in the hood from the rain lol.

... I sprayed the inside of the headlights cause there appeared to be leftover wax maybe that wouldn't even come off with rubbing compound. ( i have no idea what they did with this car...) and you can still see the outline of the spot where the scoop was. but all in all it is not horrible.

Def a 20 X 20 paint job lol but it works most people dont even notice it just walking bye.

Well thats all much to read but its whatever hope it was comical or interesting

Attached Thumbnails My First Time-s5030352.jpg  

Last edited by Jme; 04-25-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-25-2008 | 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Looks way better man! Props for getting that **** off there
Old 04-25-2008 | 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Looks aLOT better!!! not bad for ur first attempt too...
Old 04-25-2008 | 07:09 PM
Teching In

good god what an improvement. looks 100X better.
Old 04-26-2008 | 08:42 PM
Jme
Teching In

Default :)

Thanks. Yeah i have no idea what they were thinking. Of course im getting rid of it asap. so that helps to get it sold quicker lol!
Old 04-27-2008 | 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

WHAAAT why did you take the hood off haha jk looks like that will be a fun "build-up" car, but you did start off good taking that hood off, i hate when people say, "the lights were on there when i bought the car", not that hard to replace the lights. Hell youre already fixing a hood haha! And now it looks 1000000x better dude. Good work
Old 04-27-2008 | 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

baaaaaaaaahahaha! you got some bad luck with the dog and moth! was still funny! looks good buddy
Old 05-23-2008 | 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

what he doesnt know is i gave the dog five bucks to jump on the hood, and gave the moth a sock to chew on to dive bomb onto it.. muahhahahaha

it suprised the hell outta me when i saw it, and almost thought about letting him paint my car... .then the thought went through my head.........
Old 05-24-2008 | 08:21 AM
TECH Junkie

wow looks a hell of a lot better, nice job