Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

94-95 LT1 PCM #16188051 - $80 shipped

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94-95 LT1 PCM #16188051 - $80 shipped

Category: Engine - Electrical
Price: $80
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird
Location (State): TX
Item Condition: Used
Engine: LT1/LT4

Pulled from a 95 automatic. I'm 95% certain it's a stock tune.

It comes with the PCM bracket.

For $15 extra I can load a tune onto it (you must provide a bin/lt1 file) or I can do minor tweaks (egr, speedo calibration, fan points, vin# assignment, etc).

Old 05-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you still have this, and can you load a tune onto it for a '95 M6 car?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Yes I still have it. I can load a tune onto it that you provide, or I can modify the current tune so it can be used on a manual.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gradez28
Yes I still have it. I can load a tune onto it that you provide, or I can modify the current tune so it can be used on a manual.
Thanks for the quick response. I'm not particularly experienced with this whole tuning business. I don't know how I'd provide you with a tune. I converted my '95 Formula from auto to stick last year, but still have the stock PCM so that means no reverse lockout, no speedo, and no tach. I'd like to address this issue. The car is basically stock, so I'm not sure if there are other things you should tweak on the PCM for this application or what.

Are you pretty experienced in this area?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

My last Camaro was actually an automatic 95 that I converted to a manual so I do have experience with the tuning in that aspect, however I didn't even hook up reverse lockout so I don't know about how to make that work.

As for the tach, that shouldn't be caused from the transmission conversion since it comes straight out of the pcm to your dash. The speedo should also work, but just be off (17 pulses per rotation vs 42). If neither the speedo or tach work, then I think something might be wrong with your gauge cluster or the wiring to it.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Launching!

I haven't touched the car since I finished the conversion in the fall and drove it a few times before parking it for the winter. The speedo does "work" but is not accurate, correct. I believe the same holds true for the tach, and for the same reason. Wouldn't a PCM from a stick car/with a stick tune fix both of those issues?

As for the reverse lockout, I do want it. My wife has real trouble finding reverse without it, and even I admit that it is sort of a fight to get it quickly.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

I could be wrong, but I believe the reverse lockout doesn't simply just make going into reverse hard, it makes it impossible (so you don't shift into reverse on accident while driving) - thus your problem isn't that the reverse lockout isn't working, it's simply that getting into reverse requires a lot of torque on the shifter.

On the Z28 I converted, the t56's reverse lockout solenoid was broken (was stuck in the on position, jamming the shifter) and so I actually cut out it's rod effectively removing any potential function of it, and going into reverse was still quite difficult (primarily because I had a short shifter which reduces the amount of torque you can leverage).

That being said, I couldn't offer any guarantee that the stock, modified tune will give a functioning reverse lockout because I simply don't know. I can get the speedo corrected easily, though.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Now on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

Quick Reply: 94-95 LT1 PCM #16188051 - $80 shipped