Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Help me find my vfn sonoco hood. Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price: $1
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V, 67-92 Chevrolet Camaro, 67-92 Pontiac Firebird, Front wheel drive vehicles
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

fb ftmfw....
Old 01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE

I just got a call from the Long Beach, CA station (destination) and it arrived. The bad news is that it's damaged. ****!!!

The guy said that it looks like they broke apart the wooden crate it was incased in and just threw the hood in the bus like that with no protection. He said it's damaged but fixable. If the crate was too big to fit in the bus, why the **** would you accept it. And it's not over the size limit. All demensions were within the allowable demensions.

I'll post pics up tonight once I pick it up at the station.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Danny
UPDATE

I just got a call from the Long Beach, CA station (destination) and it arrived. The bad news is that it's damaged. ****!!!

The guy said that it looks like they broke apart the wooden crate it was incased in and just threw the hood in the bus like that with no protection. He said it's damaged but fixable. If the crate was too big to fit in the bus, why the **** would you accept it. And it's not over the size limit. All demensions were within the allowable demensions.

I'll post pics up tonight once I pick it up at the station.

That f**king blows dude!!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about this...
Old 01-06-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

UPDATE

I went to go pick up my hood and it's all scratched up. The bigger scratch is so keep I can already tell it's down to the fiberglass. Check it out...

Old 01-07-2012, 12:20 AM
9 Second Club

Wow man sorry to hear that!! I suppose it is good that you at least got the hood at all..

Are they gonna pay for damages? were you planning to paint the hood?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is complete BS man.... Id make them fix it or refund the shipping charges.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MattSapp95_T/A
Wow man sorry to hear that!! I suppose it is good that you at least got the hood at all..

Are they gonna pay for damages? were you planning to paint the hood?
I'm glad I got the hood but this is really the worse I've experience from a company. I wasn't planning on painting the hood because I really liked the color and I was going to paint the car to match. I'm not sure if they're gonna pay for damages or not but if they don't I'm going to do everything in my power to descredit them using all the social media websites. They absolutely have no leverage here.

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
That is complete BS man.... Id make them fix it or refund the shipping charges.
Oh I'm definitely going to get them to fix it. This is bullshit.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

Glad to hear that they found it at least.. Sucks that your dealings with them arent over though..
Old 01-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

wow thats messed up, good luck man
Old 01-07-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to head that man... Hope they pay for it. I wouldn't stop until they do.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just sent them another letter and 5 different pics of the damaged areas. I put in the letter than I would appreciate if they cover the cost within 14 days, which I think is more than enough. If not, then I will be posting a video on youtube, facebook, etc.

Lets see what happens now.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

File a complaint.... http://www.bbb.org/

I doubt you will receive any restitution but at least there will be a record of the problems you encountered.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've already tried doing that man. If you look at a previous post you'll read what happened. Long story short, they sided with the company. All because they said "they're doing all they can". BS. It was useless to file a BBB complaint.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Jesus.. Looks like they used it as a sled.. **** greyhound man, make them pay and keep calling and calling and calling, filing complaints, of you are really ambitious, lawyer up they don't like get threatened with lawsuits.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JoeyG2
Jesus.. Looks like they used it as a sled.. **** greyhound man, make them pay and keep calling and calling and calling, filing complaints, of you are really ambitious, lawyer up they don't like get threatened with lawsuits.
I would like to get a lawyer man but it might end up costing me more than what it's all worth. But if they don't decide to pay I will make it my personal goal to make sure I decredit them as much as I can using any resources available. I don't think people would like shipping through a company that will not cover loses or damages....hell I wouldn't. I have all the documents and pictures needed to prove my case against them so there is nothing they can get away with here. Usually carriers will blame damaged items on the shipper for not packing the package properly but in my case they removed all that stuff themselves. So they essentially fucked themselves on this one.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Danny
I would like to get a lawyer man but it might end up costing me more than what it's all worth. But if they don't decide to pay I will make it my personal goal to make sure I decredit them as much as I can using any resources available. I don't think people would like shipping through a company that will not cover loses or damages....hell I wouldn't. I have all the documents and pictures needed to prove my case against them so there is nothing they can get away with here. Usually carriers will blame damaged items on the shipper for not packing the package properly but in my case they removed all that stuff themselves. So they essentially fucked themselves on this one.
Here's a quit fix man, put it on YouTube, and have EVERYONE you know including all the members on this board and others like it. post the vid everywhere you can. That will get the attention of big news broadcast like the MSNBC, The Early Show, Today Show, Fox, CNN, etc. I know The Early/Roday shows always have people on the air that've done stuff like this(part of the reason i watch it every morning other than the hott hosts lol) but that will get the ball rolling the way you want it to. Thanks to your testimony i'll never use them. For future reference get you a commereical FedEx or UPS acct. you can ship rather cheap that way even on big items.

Looking forward to seeing you in the headlines man.... good luck!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

I posted on their wall. Do you have any pictures of the hood before shipment? Any pieces of the shipping container?
Old 01-10-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J$Money
Here's a quit fix man, put it on YouTube, and have EVERYONE you know including all the members on this board and others like it. post the vid everywhere you can. That will get the attention of big news broadcast like the MSNBC, The Early Show, Today Show, Fox, CNN, etc. I know The Early/Roday shows always have people on the air that've done stuff like this(part of the reason i watch it every morning other than the hott hosts lol) but that will get the ball rolling the way you want it to. Thanks to your testimony i'll never use them. For future reference get you a commereical FedEx or UPS acct. you can ship rather cheap that way even on big items.

Looking forward to seeing you in the headlines man.... good luck!!!!!!!
I made a video this weekend. Imma post it up as soon as I get it figured out. I dont' have FB or MySpace but I do have a YouTube acct.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

put it on youtube.. Ill link it to FB

Quick Reply: Help me find my vfn sonoco hood. Please!!!