Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Level 4 T-56 Magnum / TR-6060

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Level 4 T-56 Magnum / TR-6060

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $3800
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, 04-06 Pontiac GTO
Location (State): TN
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Up for sale is a Level 4 T-56 Magnum (TR-6060) from Tick Performance. I bought this transmission as a brand new unit back in EARLY '11 from Tick Performance, and I have only put ~7k miles on it. I had it freshened up and spray bars installed after the first ~4k miles while I was building my most recent motor. This transmission is AWESOME! I love the gearing (GTO 1-3 and F-body 5-6), and it does really fantastic on the highway, providing just under 1,800RPMs @ 80mph with a 3.55 rear gear and 26.1" tall tires. Will come with driveshaft yoke, but I will be keeping the crossmember.

***I also plan to get it freshened up as soon as I have a buyer so they will have a practically brand new unit as well.***

As you can see from Tick's site, this transmission will cost you $4,650 to duplicate, but I will take $3,800+shipping. New pricing... see below.

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...6-pontiac-gto/

Check my other listings for a possible package deal. I am in the process of swapping to an auto and will have a Quick Time bellhousing, Spec Super Twin clutch, GMM shifter w/LSS, complete hydraulics w/Tick master cylinder and remote bleeder, pedal assembly, etc. All of these parts should fit LS based vehicles (aside from the pedal assembly and hydraulics) but be sure to check your particular fitment.

Attached Thumbnails Level 4 T-56 Magnum / TR-6060-20131221_180410.jpg   Level 4 T-56 Magnum / TR-6060-20131221_180424.jpg   Level 4 T-56 Magnum / TR-6060-20131221_180328.jpg  

Last edited by RacerBill; 01-06-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pm sent. Interested
Old 12-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Launching!

All PMs have been replied to.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Launching!

I went back to the drawing board... I will take $3800 CASH for it. This Friday at midnight the price will go back up but "only" to $4k though.

If someone is looking for a twin disk clutch, hydraulics, or SFI bellhousing in my other ads, I would be more than happy to work out a discounted group purchase.

Also, I have received quite a few trade offers, and only 1 has been worthwhile. I would honestly be happier receiving less cash and not having to try to trade something then sell it to re-coup the money, but feel free to shoot me some trade offers as well.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Launching!

I've had a lot of questions concerning the fitment of this trans on other applications besides GTOs. From what I can tell, this trans will fit any application where a T-56 was originally installed since it was modified to be a direct fit by the modification performed via Tick Perofmance.

Copied from their website:
Once you exceed 750rwtq, you make more power than a traditional T56 transmission can reliably hold. Thanks to Tremec and Tick Performance, there is another option! In an effort to make their new TR-6060 transmission less OEM-specific and more useable for swap applications, Tremec created the T56 Magnum, which combined the easy swapability of the older T-56 with the improved design of the new TR-6060. With our Level 4 Magnum TR-6060 Conversion, Tick Performance offers you a direct bolt-in to your 04-06 Pontiac GTO that will safely support up to 900RWTQ! Some benefits you'll enjoy over a standard T56 transmission include:
•The ability to choose between 2.66 and 2.97 gearsets
•Triple-cone synchronizers on 1-4 gears, along with double-cone synchronizers on Fifth, Sixth and Reverse
•Wider, two-piece laser beam-welded speed gears which feature built-in positive stops to virtually eliminate the possibility of "overthrown" shifts
•Much stronger one-piece countershaft that resists distortion far better than previous designs and uses larger bearings in all critical support areas for increased stability
•Input Shaft features additional material throughout the length of the shaft, increased face width, a larger input bearing, and generously long splines to accommodate twin-disc clutch setups
•Considerably narrower synchronizers that feature fine-pitch tooth angles to effectively decrease the amount of travel necessary for engagement
•Redesigned shift forks featuring integrated "shift keys" to virtually eliminate the possibility of bending shift forks
•Added cross-sectional material on shift forks for increased rigidity and larger shift pads to promote better wear characteristics

When you place your order, we completely tear down the T56 Magnum and begin our upgrades that we perform in house. Those upgrades include:
•Modifying miscellaneous components to make this a 100% bolt-in to your GTO
•Installing Carbon Blocker Rings on first, third and fourth gears (second gear is already carbon)
•Upgrading all fork pads from plastic to bronze
•End-play set to our custom specifications
•Professional Reassembly done 100% by hand

Once we finish with your Tick Performance Level 4 Magnum TR-6060 Conversion, you'll be able to reuse your stock bellhousing, shifter and all of your stock accessories; it is truly a 100% bolt-in. We include a custom 31 spline yoke that enables you to re-use your stock length driveshaft, as well. We also provide you with a new vehicle speed sensor, reverse lockout solenoid and reverse light switch.
Keep in mind this trans would cost $4650 to duplicate... spray bars, sensors, yoke, and all. Also keep in mind, this trans will be freshened up and in a like-new condition once a seller is established. I am already starting to have regrets on selling it instead of just keeping it for a future "hybrid" build I have been dreaming about for years. <3,000lbs with 7-800hp

As you can tell from the pics above, the trans was VERY lightly used; I think it only saw rain twice in the ~8k mi I have owned it. If there are any picture requests or questions, please let me know.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Launching!

~10.5hrs left on this deal before the price goes back up! A lot of interest has been shown, but no money has been sent my way...
Old 01-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Launching!

I've received a few of the same sort of questions from different potential buyers so I thought I would provide some clarification.

Q - Why are you freshening up the trans if it's in great condition? Will you reduce the price some if I opt to not have it freshened?

A - I would like to remove all doubt of any damaged parts, furthermore proving a reliable, like-new trans is provided in the transaction. No, I refuse to not have the transmission refreshed where I can guarantee the the received condition.

Q - Will this bolt up directly in my F-body?

A - Yes, this should bolt right up to the stock bellhousing. Check your individual application, and with all things of this nature, please do your research.

Q - Will you sell this transmission for $3k?

A - Hell no. This trans is top-of-the-line, and if you're seriously wanting one of this capacity, you'll have to fork up a lot more cash if you're wanting it brand new so embrace my reduced price for a lightly used one and pay up.

Q - Will you accept *insert item* as a trade?

A - Maybe. If it's a POS, please.don't waste my time. If it's a manual trans, I expect that it will be handled just as mine is being handled, and I don't care if it was just freshened up X-miles ago. New for new.

Q - Why are you willing to accept a manual transmission as a trade? Aren't you going to an auto?

A - The ONLY reason I would accept a manual trans as a trade is because I have some friends that aren't making quite the power I was that are looking for transmissions.

I'm not here to BS anyone... I'm here to sell a quality, like-new transmission at a discounted price. I don't care what you think its worth because I know what it's worth to me.

Like one individual has done, don't make up a company that builds these transmissions and try to get me to match their made-up price. This same person has been messaging me over a week now trying to get me to adjust my price while I stated from the beginning that I won't budge. Am I the only one that has to deal with this BS every time I try to sell something here? I swear I attract this kind of stuff all the time, but luckily I've actually had some decent potential buyers lately to balance it out.

As I've told this other guy time and time again - if you don't like the price then go somewhere else... or even your made-up trans building company lulz. Moral of the story = if you don't have the funds, don't waste my time (or yours). No tire-kickers or dreamers... you either have the cash or you don't.

Not trying to sound rude... I'm just sick and tired people wasting my time.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Launching!

I decided that I would keep the price to the "lowered" position since that seems like the fair thing to do. I am already kind of cramped for space in my garage and need this out of the way. The only other soltion would be to box it up and move it to a spare bedroom, and I would like to keep that from happening.

***I do not plan to negotiate anything lower than that because I still have to come out of pocket for the disassembly/reassembly and transportation ~2.5hrs each way to Tick Performance***
Old 01-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Back to the top!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Launching!

Does anyone have any money?
Old 01-11-2014, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I would have saw this sooner! I just order my level 4 from Tick like a week ago!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bcbosley
Wish I would have saw this sooner! I just order my level 4 from Tick like a week ago!
Well, dang. Me too!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

Bump for badass trans.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Sold!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerBill
Sold!
It's about time!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSSTANG#1
It's about time!
Haha, no doubt. It's a tough market with all the tire-kickers and dreamers out there.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know what you mean, I had a nice set of heads advertised all over the place and nobody wanted to pay what I was asking, which was a very good price for what I had. One day, out of the blue, a guy pm'd me saying he wanted them. I sent them to him in Puerto Rico.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSSTANG#1
I know what you mean, I had a nice set of heads advertised all over the place and nobody wanted to pay what I was asking, which was a very good price for what I had. One day, out of the blue, a guy pm'd me saying he wanted them. I sent them to him in Puerto Rico.
Sounds like you're telling the exact same story about a set of AFR 225 heads I sold a while back. People were offering to only pay $800-$1k, and they were mint. I couldn't believe it. Finally sold them for my full asking price to a guy in FL.

I was offended numerous times with the offers I received for this trans. Just to see if some were even serious about their lowball offers, I told them to come up with the funds for their lowball offer, and they couldn't even do that! Lol
Old 01-13-2014, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Default Thanks

Got my parts! Fast Shipping Awesome Seller, will not hesitate to buy from in the future!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM
8 Second Club

How much shipped to 39443?

Quick Reply: Level 4 T-56 Magnum / TR-6060