Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jesse (EFILive), FROST or joecar inside please

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Jesse (EFILive), FROST or joecar inside please

After struggling for a week or so, found that OL fueling (ECT vs MAP) table is registering twice the temperature of the engine coolant. This results in pig rich fueling that is ruining my plugs & 02 sensors. Is it the software or have I missed something. Downloaded the 7.5.5 upgrade & this has been going on since. Tried to go back to previous software, but wasn't successful. Here is a log & tune. Open the tune w/ the log & run the log. Open the OL fueling under mixture. You will see that the table is using twice the recorded engine temp as displayed on the F9 table & F10 dashboard. This is causing rich tuning @ 63*C, (130*-140*C on the ECT vs MAP, OL fueling table) & then the STFT's send engine protection pig/dog rich fueling. Please help, Thank-you
Attached Files
File Type: efi
05-05-09 log2.efi (65.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: tun
05-05-09 tune MASTER FILE-1.tun (471.6 KB, 114 views)
Old 05-05-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

{B3605} is set very lean, and your WBO2 matches what you are commanding.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by shoemike
{B3605} is set very lean, and your WBO2 matches what you are commanding.

Yeah, my plugs (WeaponX) can handle 17:1 normal driving. It appears that there is a software issue where the OL fueling table commands twice the actual engine temp. This in turn, commands up to engine protection level pig rich fueling, which then fouls the plugs, burns in the exhaust, & takes out the 02 sensors.

joecar has replied & is handling the issue through the EFILive website. I will post the results once EFILive tech support comes up with one or more solutions.

The thread is in the GenIII section of the EFILive site, for anyone who wants to follow it. Just look for LS1-450 as the thread starter. Title is something about "STFT's commanding unwanted fuel." There are several tune & log files posted in the thread, as different scenarios were tried.

Thanks for the response
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see it in the logs, never seen it before but I'm sure that you are in good hands now.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

The root of the problem has been corrected. Problem was that, although the Scan Tool Dash was displaying metric, the F8 table was sending Imperial data to the tune file: hence the near double temp & very low MAP, I might add. Once the F8 area was corrected, the software operated as designed. Amy happy to have found my mistake.

Off throttle fueling remains an issue. There remains a pop in the exhaust upon deccel.
Please look @ my attatched tune file & offer suggestions on DFCO or perhaps other areas that may resolve this issue.

For reference: 30# ACCEL injector IFR table is believed to be correct & injector trim adjustments have been made to voltage area & small pulse adjust area, as noted in the EFILive sticky.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Just wanted to make clear that the issue was MY MISTAKE & was not related to the EFILive software. I failed to correctly enter the units on the F8 Scan tool page that sends commands to the tune tool. EFILive was with me the whole way & correctly identified & resolved the issue. Thanks to everyone here & on EFILive for the assistance.

PS: am looking for DFCO advice (see above.....post#5), thanks.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey LS1-450 don't worry. I did the same thing a few times. Drove me nuts. At least you were smart enough to post up your problem. I went 1-2 weeks before I figured it out.

On DFCO, for some reason I am having trouble downloading your EFILive logs and tune. But, I usually set DFCO by looking at my logs and determining what MAP I have upon throttle let off. From there I decide if I want it 'trigger-happy' or use it just for downhill MAP's.

With my setup and elevation I usually use a DFCO of 20 MAP to enable and 28 MAP to disengage. I use 1800 and 1200 rpm's respectively.

But I have some big hills out here, so may be different for you. If you are getting the 'pop' I sometimes get on throttle let-off and into DFCO..for some reason I actually kinda like it. Momentary unburnt gas when injectors turn off and cylinder still has some fuel in there. As long as it is not a lean backfire, IMO kinda adds to the experience of driving.

It was good of you to post this problem up. Best of luck.

..WeathermanShawn..
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got it figured out. IF you have more issues, just post them and i will figure it out for you. Before i read your first post, i kinda already was going to mention the Units being different.

Though, If you are wanting to use the open loop fuel air table all the time, you need to make sure you shut off Ltrims B3801, and then B4206 to enabled.

However, you have a flaw also, As the o2 sensors you are not using them correctly. You set stoich point at 16.998 in table 3601 "which is bad"
But you didnt fix the 02 sensor voltage tables that tell it what voltage is stoich via B4105.

You are messing with a TON of bad things doing what you are doing. 17.1 is alot leaner than what i would ever run for sure. Plugs arent the issue...

As for pop comming from the exhaust. Could be DFCO, or just an exhaust leak. Cold air entering the exhaust..
Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wait4me
Though, If you are wanting to use the open loop fuel air table all the time, you need to make sure you shut off Ltrims B3801, and then B4206 to enabled.

However, you have a flaw also, As the o2 sensors you are not using them correctly. You set stoich point at 16.998 in table 3601 "which is bad"
But you didnt fix the 02 sensor voltage tables that tell it what voltage is stoich via B4105.

Hey Jesse, Thanks for the reply

I found that out the hard (lean) way earlier today (B4206 was disabled), was OK once enabled. Yah, joecar instructed me to use stoich 14.63. I will lean the mix out in the OL fueling table, (up to 15.5:1) for normal driving. Am now in the process of going OLSD. The remaining pop is DFCO of which has been dampened (out ramp rate).

Edit:
It is my opinion that PE will need to be referenced for SD in the 98 PCM in order to tie RPM to the MAP. Plan to use the OL fueling table as the baseline & then richen the RPM values through the PE table. For example: 80 MAP @ 80*C on the OL fueling table could be 0.95 & then one of the corresponding PE RPM values could be .90 to dial in the A/F ratio during WOT (theoretical example). If this is not done, there is no way to tie RPM to MAP in the 98 system. Will also keep all PE enabler variables. Sound correct?

Last edited by LS1-450; 05-06-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

That open loop table can be used all on its own without the use of PE tables if you want. The computer dont car when you are in open loop, it will just use what ever table is RICHEST at ANY point.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Junkie

That open loop table can be used all on its own without the use of PE tables if you want. The computer dont car when you are in open loop, it will just use what ever table is RICHEST at ANY point.

OK, Thanks.

Anyone who wants to take a look @ the AutoVe set-up, please comment. As soon as the car goes off of start up fueling, it goes dead lean & won't run. Have tried about everything I know to try & have re-set everything back to the Tutorial AutoVe settings & she just won't run.

Am going back to the MAF tune that I have & try an AutoMAF tune & call it done. Have had enough, over the past week or so. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother making more mods that the damn car doesn't need anyway. It's 5.4#/HP as she sits, so why the hell am I looking for more?
Attached Files
Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

You cant just Zero out the MAF table that is bad. Is your maf plugged in? If not, you need to C non emissions the codes. and set to no mil. You cant just zero out the MAF frequency table.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Also set the MAF fail rate to 100
Old 05-07-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Junkie

You cant just Zero out the MAF table that is bad. Is your maf plugged in? If not, you need to C non emissions the codes. and set to no mil. You cant just zero out the MAF frequency table.

Forgot I zeroed the MAF. Did that from an OL SD reference file & forgot about it. Thanks for the reply. MAF is unplugged. NoMil's were set.

Where is MAF fail "rate?" The tutorial just says set c2901, c2902 & c2903 to 1. Which C.... gets set to 100?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

I think you meant MAF High frequency fail limit. So, I changed it to 100 & am off to try the settings. Thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Still doesn't fuel correctly during AutoVe. So, I'll dial it in w/ the MAF connected. Thanks-all, I appreciate the help.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Set MAF fail high to 0 and MAF sensor circuit high frequency to 0 mil on 1st error. You have to change fueling based on your secondary VE table. If you make changes to your primary table make sure you copy the corresponding map values to the secondary table. Also copy your high octane spark to your low octane table.

Quick Reply: Jesse (EFILive), FROST or joecar inside please