Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hptuners beta bug won't save and then file won't load up anymore

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default hptuners beta bug won't save and then file won't load up anymore

Running beta but wish was running 2.22 still. Had zero problems with 2.22 but since my 4l80 segment swap had to run 2.23 and switched over to 2002 OS at same time.

Problem is everything is working fine then make a change and go to save it and then it comes up with the list of saved tunes in documents.If you choose save then it messes up and won't let you open that tune anymore says out of range error?? I have tried reloading the beta and no luck.
I have pretty sure newest version of beta. My workaround is to keep copying the tune file and then if it gets the save bug then have the backup copy. But this is still getting very annoying.

They are I think coming out with new stable 2.24 soon now but it still might be months. If anyone has fix please let me know. I was wondering if could read ecu with 2.22 editor and then could use 2.22 to modify the file after the read but would think it can't read the 2.23 tune?

Also I want to do a power balance test of my motor but 2.23 dont work for that properly.

Is there are way to download 2.22 and not have 2.23 overwrite over it so can use the 2.22 to do the powerbalance anytime I want to. Can I just copy 2.22 and then when download 2.23 will it just go over the original not the copy.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

First you should email support with your beta troubles. Since that is what beta is for (to find problems). Then assuming they don't need anything from you, you should be able to just reload the 2.22 setup.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Veteran

I have talked to support. They wanted this complicated procedure to show the bug happening. I can't follow how to do that.I am sure I am not the only one with the bug. I deleted the software and reloaded it and its same problem.

I can't go to 2.22. I have segment swap done for 4l80 and they put it on 2.23 for some reason wish they hadn't. I went to 2002 OS for some other reasons as well. I have also had starting issues from first day put in the 3bar SD tune. Car don't want to start right away sometimes takes like 10 tries to start and stay running. But that is another problem not related to 2.23 necessarily.

I just want to know if other beta guys have this save bug. And really hoping the new stable 2.24 comes out in a few months although car goes away end october so if its not out by then guess can wait till spring for it.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It doesn't matter that the seg swap was done in or with 2.23... load the older version and read the PCM out of your car and save it. Now you have a 2.22 image to work with. Why are you working in a beta anyway? Even if you got sent a file using it, like I said, you just load it up 2.23, read it off with 2.22 and you are good...
Old 09-02-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

I thought I had to keep running the 2.23 did'nt realize if read the file with 2.22 when its installed in the the car its converted to 2.22? Good to know will do that. am going crazy with the failure to save bug.

I hate the beta version. Power balance test don't work with it and not sure what else.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Oh wondering if bug in 2.23 is reason car don't want to start right away after reflash but it starts usually ok after you do finally get it to stay running.

It almost seems to take took long to recognize the maf is turned off. and have tried the various settings mil on first, mil on second ,no mil. I realize no error reported is not going to turn on sd.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Oh wondering if bug in 2.23 is reason car don't want to start right away after reflash but it starts usually ok after you do finally get it to stay running.

It almost seems to take took long to recognize the maf is turned off. and have tried the various settings mil on first, mil on second ,no mil. I realize no error reported is not going to turn on sd.
You can't begin to diagnose idle and startup issues until the VE is tuned. You could have tuned your VE (even roughly) like 500 times now Just do it. Once your VE is right, many many of your others issues will just dissolve. You need to get the description of base airflow [more] correct in the PCM. This may not even BE your problem, but you can't know until you do it. If you set the MAF fail to Fail on First and uncheck the SES and set the fail freq low (use 0) then it should intermediately go into SD.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I have talked to support. They wanted this complicated procedure to show the bug happening. I can't follow how to do that.I am sure I am not the only one with the bug. I deleted the software and reloaded it and its same problem.
If you reloaded the software & were still able to recreate the issue it shouldn't be too difficult to relay that information to us so we can fix it rather than asking on a public forum if they are having the same issue using a beta version of software.

-Bill
Old 09-02-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Bill I am sorry but my car has been running horrible and some days it dont' even start. This is unacceptable situation and even if car was running right that save problem was causing me ten times the work.I did mention it to you and you said to do some procedure to send it in but didn't understand it sorry. I couldn't wait anymore and not going to keep towing my car for 100 bucks a pop. I am not saying the starting problem is the 2.23. Not sure what is it..other guy on your board posted same problem and you told him to set his maf codes to first mil. I already have done that. problem is still there especially after a flash.Sometimes out of the blue.
Anyway Frost gave me a decent solution for now ,not sure why you didn't also give it to me. The only reason was running 2.23 was because you put my 4l80 segment swap onto the 2002 OS file I sent you since my 99 file was uncompatible and previous tuner had deleted my original file accidentally so couldn't go to gm for upgrade as it was locked out by the 3 bar OS.
So been messing on my tuning with this constant save bug. No idea why you don't want to talk about it publicly the beta is after all a test version so whats the big deal?

I have reinstalled it and same thing. save bug. So since you didn't want to talk about it on your forum and am desperate since this save bug is forcing me to constantly back up or redo over again all my changes posted here and got results.
Frosts method works great. I simply deleted the 2.23 . Read the ecu with 2.22. Now I find I can modify the tune file with 2.22 stable as can be ,no more constant not saving problems. No more entering info again and again or wondering if corrupt file would mess up my ecu and now hopefully can get to the bottom of why my car dont' start right away since do have the boxes checked off right as you said to. mil on first error .
Problem might be tune,ve not sure. Never had the problem till switched to SD.
I just ran power balance test and it was good. The 2.23 don't work for power balance on my car.
I will be running misfire test another reason went to 2000 and newer OS so can run car around a bit with maf on there again so can see my misfires.

I apologize for breaking your rule about talking about the beta on forum but really would you put up with constantly not having changes to the tune not save and then when you do hit save on the tune list screen it makes it so the tune is not even viewable anymore period and you have to backtrack constantly sometimes every little change?Would you pay to flatbed your car 100 bucks everytime it don't start possibly from the tune.?

I won't be posting anymore about the 2.23 version. I am happy with 2.22 and will wait for non beta version of next upgrade. No more betas for me.But I would put a sticky up that people that get a 2.23 tune that want to convert it backwards to 2.22 can simply read the ecu with 2.22 loaded up. And i would investigate or post publicly any fix for the save bug.

Again sorry to rock the boat but sometimes the boat needs rocking! I do have to thank you that for the most part other than this 2.23 problem you have been great to answer questions, do my segement 4l80 thing and been very fast to get back to me in email.

Just maybe relax a bit on this beta stuff.Its just a beta.not some super secret weapon.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Well just cranked out new tune and pleasure as no save bug showed itself ,course this was on 2.22. And bonus car cranked right up after flash. True test of what is is up if the car is hard to start up after subsequent reflashes or just out of the blue but crossing my fingers since hate tow trucks.