PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is this a decent wide band guage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default is this a decent wide band guage?

is this a decent wide band guage for a mildly modded WS6? they say a digital
is for serious tuning.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=205

Thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would rather have a numeric display.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep in mind that you still have to purchase an Innovate LC-1 or LM-1 for it to work.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want a good wideband that is the most accurate of the sub $300 widebands go with the NGK. They were designed by ECM which make laboratory grade lambda meters.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

That looks like a waste to me, buy a complete kit with the sensor and cable included.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have a tuning software package...? Which one...? If you have EFILive, get a wideband that supports serial AFR output (i.e. via RS-232 serial comms).
Old 02-20-2010, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shoemike
I would rather have a numeric display.
I can observe the color's easier
Originally Posted by Matt@SNLPerformance
Keep in mind that you still have to purchase an Innovate LC-1 or LM-1 for it to work.
yes I have the LC1 not installed yet.

Originally Posted by LSxPwrDZ
If you want a good wideband that is the most accurate of the sub $300 widebands go with the NGK. They were designed by ECM which make laboratory grade lambda meters.
I have heard these are excellent W/Bs I have sean one in a Mustang and the guage is huge.BTW saw vid impressive 1/4 mile run.

Originally Posted by joecar
Do you have a tuning software package...?No not yet I'm still undesided on getting into tuning remember my car is mild Which one...? If you have EFILive, get a wideband that supports serial AFR output (i.e. via RS-232 serial comms).
I don't really need the most accurate (and expensive) WB guage, just want a decent WB guage that will work better than that turd narrow band I had (allthought it did have a constant reading at WOT).

Guess my concern is analog or digital just how much more accurate is the digital compared to the analog?

Thanks

Last edited by badmfkr; 02-20-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Teching In

everything is worth it's price. if you want feedback from people that have that i cant help. but for opinion i would say everything is worth its price. if you are on a budget then yes it would be nice to get an "idea" of what afr u are running.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:13 AM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by badmfkr
I have heard these are excellent W/Bs I have sean one in a Mustang and the guage is huge.BTW saw vid impressive 1/4 mile run.
Thanks

I don't personally have any experience with the NGK yet but I've been following a lot of threads and testing and it seems from my research to be the best "cheaper" wideband. I have had experience with the Innovate LC-1, 2 different AEM UEGO's, and an Innovate LM-1.

Of the three the most accurate and consistant was the LM-1. It is what I am replacing with the NGK. I was very very satisfied with the results from the LM-1 but it is more of a portable unit to take in and out of cars, which was good for me where I tune quite a few cars locally.

The LC-1 when you can get it working was pretty accurate using the XD-1 (now the XD-16) digital gauge but the key word there is "when". I still have my LC-1 unit and the analog outputs burned out on the unit and the controller would kill bosch sensors abnormally fast.

The AEM to me is just as bad if not worse than the LC-1. I had 2 different ones and once you dial in a tune on a car using it's feedback the next day the afr readings would be completely different by up to and often more than 1 full afr point. I compared the AEM to the LM-1 in the same exhaust pipe within 6" of one another and the AEM couldn't keep up with the LM-1 and was often way off on readings compared to the LM-1.

I've also confirmed the afr readings of my LM-1 on a few different dyno's. My only complaint with the LM-1 and to add to the LC-1 is the noisy analog outputs. It is near impossible to get the sine wave looking afr log out of the analog outputs on these 2 widebands. The LC-1 was way worse than the LM-1 with noise.

Hope some of this info can help you and others out a little bit.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default W/B guage

Originally Posted by Q8-TECH
everything is worth it's price. if you want feedback from people that have that i cant help. but for opinion i would say everything is worth its price. if you are on a budget then yes it would be nice to get an "idea" of what afr u are running.
thanks for feedback

Originally Posted by LSxPwrDZ
Thanks

I don't personally have any experience with the NGK yet but I've been following a lot of threads and testing and it seems from my research to be the best "cheaper" wideband. I have had experience with the Innovate LC-1, 2 different AEM UEGO's, and an Innovate LM-1.

Of the three the most accurate and consistant was the LM-1. It is what I am replacing with the NGK. I was very very satisfied with the results from the LM-1 but it is more of a portable unit to take in and out of cars, which was good for me where I tune quite a few cars locally.

The LC-1 when you can get it working was pretty accurate using the XD-1 (now the XD-16) digital gauge but the key word there is "when". I still have my LC-1 unit and the analog outputs burned out on the unit and the controller would kill bosch sensors abnormally fast.

The AEM to me is just as bad if not worse than the LC-1. I had 2 different ones and once you dial in a tune on a car using it's feedback the next day the afr readings would be completely different by up to and often more than 1 full afr point. I compared the AEM to the LM-1 in the same exhaust pipe within 6" of one another and the AEM couldn't keep up with the LM-1 and was often way off on readings compared to the LM-1.

I've also confirmed the afr readings of my LM-1 on a few different dyno's. My only complaint with the LM-1 and to add to the LC-1 is the noisy analog outputs. It is near impossible to get the sine wave looking afr log out of the analog outputs on these 2 widebands. The LC-1 was way worse than the LM-1 with noise.

Hope some of this info can help you and others out a little bit.
who makes a decent digital W/B guage for the LC1 w/ colors like red for lean yellow for stioch and green for rich?

I would prefer a square guage.

also would like the lights to flash from left to right horizontially.

thanks for the feedback