PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Base Running Air Tuning Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Lowering the compression doesn't matter. The idle advance, I believe, only works during adaptive idle.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.
Should I use the RTT in the scanner to lower timing or just make changes to the table and reflash?
Old 06-07-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TURBO6.0L
Thanks.
Should I use the RTT in the scanner to lower timing or just make changes to the table and reflash?
Yeah, RTT makes things a lot easier so you should always use if it you can.

Edit: Your file doesn't have an enhanced OS. I'm sure you'll benefit from having an enhanced OS on your turbo setup but I wouldn't do it just for RTT
Old 06-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Launching!

After playing around with timing it did not seem to help. I went up and down 10 deg with 2 deg increments. More timing made it idle higher and took a while to come back to normal idle but still surged when in drive. Less timing made it idle lower and took a while to come back to normal idle but still surged when in drive. I tried making adaptive airflow values more aggressive and less aggressive but like we thought they stop doing anything once the car is moving. It seems like I need to make an adjustment to a timing table that has control over the car once its moving to help it make corrections for idle faster. Any come to mind? Or any other ideas?
Old 06-07-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TURBO6.0L
After playing around with timing it did not seem to help. I went up and down 10 deg with 2 deg increments. More timing made it idle higher and took a while to come back to normal idle but still surged when in drive. Less timing made it idle lower and took a while to come back to normal idle but still surged when in drive. I tried making adaptive airflow values more aggressive and less aggressive but like we thought they stop doing anything once the car is moving. It seems like I need to make an adjustment to a timing table that has control over the car once its moving to help it make corrections for idle faster. Any come to mind? Or any other ideas?
Did you change the idle timing or the main timing tables? Idle timing tables only work when the throttle is closed the high and low octane tables work when the throttle is open.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Launching!

I used the scanner to add timing. I used the plus and minus buttons. I am starting to wonder if they were not working now.

Quick Reply: Base Running Air Tuning Help